What's new

Harold Reynolds: "Marlins will win 80 games"

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score

Maybe he thinks the 2019 wins count towards 2020 too?

Last edited:

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
Reynolds has been a Marlins homer before if I remember correctly.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
Reynolds has been a Marlins homer before if I remember correctly.
This seems way past just being a homer though. Not sure even the homers around here would say eighty wins. With that said, I would love to hear his explanation for it.

SongInTheAir

Hammerhead
Writer
Reaction score
Cheap Jeter pay Hareynold to say things instead of pay players to hit and throw

marlinsmaniac

Muckdog
Reaction score
I honestly don't find it too far-fetched. Is it incredibly likely? not really. But it's definitely possible if our players all play to the level they're expected mixed with some luck and career years. Shit, I was reading the old topics from 2003 the other day (you can tell I have insomnia lmao) and before 2003 Alex Gonzalez was basically on his last lifeline and he comes out and hits 23 home runs with gold glove level defense, Lowell has a career year, Miggy came up and boosted the offense when Holly shit the bed (not unlike we could see with Sanchez/Harrison) D-train came up (a la Sixto Sanchez) and boosted a rotation that lost Burnett to Tommy John, becket to an elbow sprain for a few months, and outside of Redman and Pavano was horribly underperforming. I'm not saying they're a playoff team, but a couple career years (I'm seeing Banderson, and Dickerson balling out), a step forward from the pitching, and some dumb fucking luck, It's not completely out of the realm of possiblity.

edit: I'm also hoping for some really good things coming from the walls coming in. If you've played you know how a huge field can really fuck with your approach at the plate when you feel you need the power of thor to hit it out. After all, we have the second lowest park factor in the big leagues so it defintely plays a part. @SilverBullet Maybe I'm the homer you're talking about lol

Last edited:

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
@SilverBullet Maybe I'm the homer you're talking about lol
If you have valid reasons and you can argue why you think they can win 80 games then I'm not talking about you. I mean the guys who are just like "OMG MY TEAM IS SO FIRE THEY ARE GONNA WIN IT ALL"

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
I say 75 is the ceiling for this team but a few extra lucky bounces and 80 isn't impossible.

QbanCastillo

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm getting hyped already! Maybe not 75 or 80 wins, but the way this offseason has gone it can only go up from here!

SongInTheAir

Hammerhead
Writer
Reaction score
Just saw Reynolds' projected final records for the NL East, and he has the Marlins at 80-82 in last place. If the NL East is that good, then someone from another division will be getting into the playoffs with a losing record. I don't think Reynolds remembered that there are other divisions and that wins and losses have to match up across the league.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Just saw Reynolds' projected final records for the NL East, and he has the Marlins at 80-82 in last place. If the NL East is that good, then someone from another division will be getting into the playoffs with a losing record. I don't think Reynolds remembered that there are other divisions and that wins and losses have to match up across the league.
No team is getting into the playoffs with a losing record. In 2005 when the NL East as a whole was .500 or better, the Padres won the NL West still with a winning record - 82 wins, so barely, but they did it.

hovertical

LumberKing
Reaction score
a LOT would have to break right for them to get to 80 wins this season. not saying it's impossible but they have a better shot at it going into this season than last season. I'm guessing low 70's for win totals so yeah - some lucky breaks and sure 80 wins is feasible.

Erick

LumberKing
Reaction score
This seems way past just being a homer though. Not sure even the homers around here would say eighty wins. With that said, I would love to hear his explanation for it.
I think we can hit 80 homers this year.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
1580355282143.png

MLB Trade Rumors doesn't have much nice to say about their President of Baseball Operations.

Top Bottom