What's new

Has Beinfest been a Good GM?

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pete Gammons just said on BT that the Marlins won't be able to pay his (Lowell) salary raise and will be forced to trade him...

So.. $10 million on a player in a slump.. and your best player traded away.. :mischief2

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
IMO Pudge aian't worth $10 million.. now it'll hurt cause I would've used that "special money" on signing a player like Lowell long term..
something days ago you wanted no part of :mischief

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pete Gammons just said on BT that the Marlins won't be able to pay his (Lowell) salary raise and will be forced to trade him...

So.. $10 million on a player in a slump.. and your best player traded away.. :mischief2
why was Gammons talkin about the Fish when we arent playing

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
Isn't Rune a Phillies fan? hmmmm Thome what's he batting?? .250? I haven't seen it since he was at .230 what's that SLUMP?, you know the one pudge is on right now.... :rolleyes:

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Isn't Rune a Phillies fan? hmmmm Thome what's he batting?? .250? I haven't seen it since he was at .230 what's that SLUMP?, you know the one pudge is on right now.... :rolleyes:
but the Phillies are winning.....

we arent

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Thome usually heats up in June.. he's a slow starter..

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ed, I'm really surprised this coming out of you. All in all, when you look at ALL the moves I really believe we are a better because of them. Demp is a bust, Cliffie, poor Cliffie, those pins of his betray him with every step and he's having trouble staying above .250. Clement is doing okay, but just okay, Alfonseca was one of worst closers last year and CJ is washed up. Preston is having a good first half but he could still strike 180 times this year. I'll take this team we have right now, with a healthy Redman and Beckett over any team we've has in the last five.

Beinfest has done fine, thank you very much and Samson has as well. If you go to games they're fun!!! It's unbelievable what a free pass Henry and Dombrowski get. I always believed Dombrowski rushed AJ along and that if AJ has anyone to blame (besides himself) it was DD for bringing him up too soon and letting him throw so many innings his rookie and sophmore seasons.

What was, was. What is, is. This our team, they kicked butt last night, they've won their last two series, they are playing with the cards dealt them - the loss of three starting pitchers and their on-field management, I'm damn proud of how they've come together. And I damn happy that Demp and Cliffie and Preston and CJ are gone. No one's perfect, Beinfest might have finnesed a player hear or there, but overall I think we did okay.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
The question is.. Will the front office trade Lowell? If they do.. they'll lose more of that little fan support they're trying to "improve"

The question is.. Will the front office trade Lowell? If they do.. they'll lose more of that little fan support they're trying to "improve"
Trading Lowell would be a P.R. nightmare.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
you hit the nail on the head Marlins2003

Malman

Muckdog
Reaction score
Great post - Marlins2003.

Can we forward it to Hank Goldberg?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
WQAM seems to be down....

when its up Ill get Sweaty Hank's email address

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Trading Lowell would be a P.R. nightmare. If we're out of it.. I don't doubt seeing a fire sale.. DLee, Lowell, Castillo...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I wouldnt say firesale....

Lee and maybe Castillo....

Lowell better be the last option

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree that trading Lowell would be a PR nightmare and I don't believe Loria/Beinfest/Samson would be willing to endure the economic fallout. I think they fired Torborg and Arnsburg because they want to win.

Call me a fool but I think Lowell is safe this year, at almost any cost. He's part of their salary structure for the 2003 season. Now next spring, if Cabrera can come into camp and show the world that he can play a MLB third base you might see a blockbuster deal but I'm betting mgmt will try to respore stability and credibility in 2003 and thus, all the existing team is safe.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree that trading Lowell would be a PR nightmare and I don't believe Loria/Beinfest/Samson would be willing to endure the economic fallout. I think they fired Torborg and Arnsburg because they want to win.
Last year when Floyd was traded there was an economic fallout, lol. Lets hope Loria/Samson/Beinfest learned from that experience...

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Let's recap...

The Marlins traded Cliff Floyd. Bad PR move.

The Marlins refused to resign Kevin Millar. Bad PR move.

So dont say this team will NOT trade Lowell because it would be bad PR. they have done this twice within the past year already.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Thome usually heats up in June.. he's a slow starter..
Yea pudge is having a slow start also but Rune Says he isnt. Thome has gotten the Homers but his Avg. Is terrible right now...

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Let's recap...
The Marlins traded Cliff Floyd. Bad PR move.
The Marlins refused to resign Kevin Millar. Bad PR move.
So dont say this team will NOT trade Lowell because it would be bad PR. they have done this twice within the past year already.
Das, I believe there will be trades this year and in the off-season for sure, but last was an anomoly, it was the hose-out year. Coming in as they did last year, with all the negative stuff surrounding the team, I suspect they figured "let's bite the bullet" and clean the place out. Since then they have done everything they can to stabilize the franschise and restore some faith in the team.

Who knows, Lowell could be gone tomorrow, but my guess is they try to keep him here through this season. With fully6 a year and half left before he's a free agent, and his salary already factored in for this season, I think he stays. But your guess is as good as mine.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
If they want to save a little money I would rather them do it by trading Lee. His salary in arbitration would probably jump from 4 to around 6 or 7 next season. If Adrian Gonzalez is ready to step in, they could save a bundle there. Enough to hang onto Castillo and Lowell for another year at least, I would think...

Top Bottom