What's new

Heats-Mavs war of words

Flying_Mollusk

Muckdog
Reaction score
Two seperate pieces, one from the Herald, and one from Cuban's blog. Pretty funny.

DIG AT DIRK

After the Heat practiced Thursday at Quicken Loans Arena, Wade was asked if he believes players are ultimately remembered for what they do at the end of games.

Wade, who usually is selective and subtle with his criticisms of opposing players, took the opportunity to take a jab at Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki, who has failed to give the Heat credit for beating the Mavericks in the Finals last season.

''At the end of the day,'' Wade said, ``you're remembered for what you did at the end. . . . I think that's the reason -- Dirk says they gave us the championship last year, but he's the reason they lost the championship, because he wasn't the leader that he's supposed to be in the closing moments. That's because of great defense by us, but also he wasn't assertive enough as a leader's supposed to be.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16656501.htm

I hope Dwayne Wade was misquoted in an article today in the Miami Herald. I know the Herald has issues with accuracy and they are still probably looking for the boat I dont own in Miami, but according to the Herald, and i have a hard time thinking even the Herald could get this quote wrong, Wade said the following:
DIG AT DIRK

After the Heat practiced Thursday at Quicken Loans Arena, Wade was asked if he believes players are ultimately remembered for what they do at the end of games.

Wade, who usually is selective and subtle with his criticisms of opposing players, took the opportunity to take a jab at Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki, who has failed to give the Heat credit for beating the Mavericks in the Finals last season.

''At the end of the day,'' Wade said, ``you're remembered for what you did at the end. . . . I think that's the reason -- Dirk says they gave us the championship last year, but he's the reason they lost the championship, because he wasn't the leader that he's supposed to be in the closing moments. That's because of great defense by us, but also he wasn't assertive enough as a leader's supposed to be.''

Say what ? Is this the DWade of some of the lamest , boring commercials known to man ? Commercials that are singlehandedly responsible for selling more commercial skipping Tivos than anything else on TV ? Dwayne I don't blame you for not looking at tapes of the finals. You obviously didn't. You would have seen your unbelievable skills and some other unbelievable elements that if I could discuss honestly here I would get fined for.

You are right, endings are remembered. And the ending of 3 of the games of the Finals will be remembered alongside Game 6 of the King vs Lakers Conf Finals a few years ago.

I guess you have earned the right to criticize Dirk with an obvious display of your own leadership skills.

I know Shaq appreciates your leadership as well. He called out your team a few weeks ago saying it was "embarassing'. Great leadership DWade. Your coach sat players for being fat. I guess you couldnt lead them away from the buffet.

You are an amazing player Dwayne. I love watching you shoot free throws. What you know about Dirk's leadership skills is non existent. You don't have a clue. Your ability to evaluate leadership skills....well you obviously have an overinflated value of your own. Did you take business classes at Marquette ?

Now we know why Charles won't put you in his 5.

And Im pissed for one more reason. Im going to have to miss our next game against the Heat on Feb 22. A previous engagement. I guess its just a missed opportunity to bring a local business class to the game and try to let them interview you about your leadership skills.

http://www.blogmaverick.com/2007/02/09/dwayne-wade-a-leader/

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
Cuban is such a tool.Still whining that the refs gave the Heat the finals, and spinning facts. Yea, I'm sure Shaq included Wade in his assessment that the team was "embarrassing". Get over it, Cuban.

MikeLowell25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Cuban is a tool.
You gave him more than hes worth, I would have stopped mine where I readjusted your quote to.

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score
'I know Shaq appreciates your leadership as well. He called out your team a few weeks ago saying it was "embarassing'. Great leadership DWade. Your coach sat players for being fat. I guess you couldnt lead them away from the buffet.'
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cuban is such a tool.Still whining that the refs gave the Heat the finals, and spinning facts. Yea, I'm sure Shaq included Wade in his assessment that the team was "embarrassing". Get over it, Cuban.
Why is Wade ripping on Dirk? Why is Wade ripping on LeBron? Maybe Wade should try to lead his team above .500.

TarHeel324

Muckdog
Reaction score
Why is Wade ripping on Dirk? Why is Wade ripping on LeBron? Maybe Wade should try to lead his team above .500.
He has a ring, and Dirk and Cuban dont. He can talk, neither one of those clowns can.

Wade was just responding to what David Hasseloffs biggest fan said about the finals, and D-Wade is right on the money blaming Dirk for it

And as for Cuban's blog...I find it real funny that hes criticizing D Wades for not having skills at evaluating leadership qualities...when Mark let the best leader in the league leave Dallas a few years ago

JonDigital

Muckdog
Reaction score
I wasn't happy about the comments Wade made regarding Dirk. Just adds more fuel to the fire. At this point in the season Wade in the team sense has no room to talk. We are a below .500 team while the Mavs are simply dominating everyone. While Wade has room to talk b/c he has the ring, perhaps it's better for him to just go about his business and let his actions speak on the court.

Why is Wade ripping on LeBron?
He isn't ripping on Lebron...

'With any player that's struggling from the free-throw line, in the pressure of the moment, you make sure to get it loud because you know they're thinking,'' Wade said. ``If you're at the line and you're struggling, you're thinking a lot. So at that moment, I'm just trying to get the crowd up to make him think more.

"He's been struggling. After we play him [tonight], then I'll ask him about it, because I see he has changed up his free throws from last year.''

''You can see he doesn't have that LeBron pep in his step, that excitement that he normally brings to the game,'' Wade said. ``Even watching from a distance, you can see he doesn't have that, and he has to find a way to get it back.''

That my friend is not ripping. You yourself have said before they are good buddies. Wade was interviewed after practice about James' struggles and answered honestly. Not one of those comments above seems like insults to me. Now Dirk on the other hand, that's a different story.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
Where exactly in this entry was Cuban still talking about the refereeing from last year's NBA Finals? Whether or not Cuban has a point (and I assure every single one of you homers, if you watched the NBA finals from the perspective of any other fan of any other team, you'd see the point - but it's done and over with), he wasn't bringing that up. Although, I did love this -

"Did you take business classes at Marquette ?" :lol

Before D-wayened or however you spell it starts going and criticizing my man Dirk's leadership skills, maybe he should play for a team that

a) is above .500
b) can keep a coach on the sidelines

The fact of the matter is that if the Heat had lost the finals they'd have dissipated and fallen off the pace. Oh wait, they won the Finals and that's what happened anyway.

The Mavs did lose the finals, and they're putting the league (with the exception of Phoenix, although Dallas has been beating them head-to-head) to shame.

We've got a word for this, Dywanesius, it's called talking trash - and you shouldn't do it if you aren't in the position to back it up.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Maybe Dirk shouldn't choke and hit a free-throw...

At this point it's sour grapes. Wade's right, the Mavs lost because of Dirk and only Dirk...hit a free-throw buddy. Anything from Dirk and Cuban is just senseless. Boring commercials? Whoopdeedoo when's the last time that blond ball of fun even got face time?

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score

At this point it's sour grapes. Wade's right, the Mavs lost because of Dirk and only Dirk...hit a free-throw buddy. Anything from Dirk and Cuban is just senseless. Boring commercials? Whoopdeedoo when's the last time that blond ball of fun even got face time?

He doesn't need commercials. Who cares about commercials? When it's all said and done, it's about how many rings you've got versus the other guy. Dwayenesius may have one ring more than Dirk right now, but I guarantee you that's the only ring he will get as long as he's in Miami, and that Dirk will have more than Wade when it's all over with.

More importantly, why is Dwyane bringing this up?! Because his team is under .500, they straight up stink, and this is the only sunshine on a cloudy day for them? Give me a break, Dwyane.

Shaq-Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
this is like the pathetic griping bitterness parade.

rock on.

The Fan

Muckdog
Reaction score

He doesn't need commercials. Who cares about commercials? When it's all said and done, it's about how many rings you've got versus the other guy. Dwayenesius may have one ring more than Dirk right now, but I guarantee you that's the only ring he will get as long as he's in Miami, and that Dirk will have more than Wade when it's all over with.

More importantly, why is Dwyane bringing this up?! Because his team is under .500, they straight up stink, and this is the only sunshine on a cloudy day for them? Give me a break, Dwyane.

Maybe because he was RESPONDING to comments Dirk recently made. Maybe Dirk should move on and stop sounding like the bitch he is. His sour grapes about last year is ridiculous. Maybe he should look in the mirror and ask why he choked down the stretch at the foul line and allowed James Posey to disrupt his game.

.500 doesnt matter right now, all that matters is the playoffs and they are about 2 games out of a home seed or something like that. And as you said, its about home many rings....Dwyane has been in the league three years, made the playoffs all 3 years, and has one ring already, whats Dirk's total count at these days?

Oh, and by the way, it was pretty obvious to everyone who the better and more clutch player was between them in the finals last year. :thumbup

Jimmy42Jack0

Muckdog
Reaction score
Where exactly in this entry was Cuban still talking about the refereeing from last year's NBA Finals? Whether or not Cuban has a point (and I assure every single one of you homers, if you watched the NBA finals from the perspective of any other fan of any other team, you'd see the point - but it's done and over with), he wasn't bringing that up. Although, I did love this -

"Did you take business classes at Marquette ?" :lol

Before D-wayened or however you spell it starts going and criticizing my man Dirk's leadership skills, maybe he should play for a team that

a) is above .500
b) can keep a coach on the sidelines

The fact of the matter is that if the Heat had lost the finals they'd have dissipated and fallen off the pace. Oh wait, they won the Finals and that's what happened anyway.

The Mavs did lose the finals, and they're putting the league (with the exception of Phoenix, although Dallas has been beating them head-to-head) to shame.

We've got a word for this, Dywanesius, it's called talking trash - and you shouldn't do it if you aren't in the position to back it up.
A. how many championships are won in the regular season(if you guessed zero, you hit the nail on the head)
B. yeah...hip and knee problems are really dwade's fault(it couldnt be that pat riley has spent his whole life on the hardwood and it finally took a toll)

and when looking at games lost to injury...i believe the heat lead the league by far...its not anyone's fault, its not an excuse...but better to be hurt in the reuglar season and healthy in the playoffs than the vice versa

and guess what gives every member of the heat to talk trash...A RING...something no one in dallas has...and lets see...dirk let himself become a non factor and he got straight shut down by Udonis Haslem..thats right...a perrenial nba superstar got SHUT DOWN by the U...how does it taste? guess what? you will taste it again...because while the heat doesnt have such a great regular season record right now...the path back to the finals is much easier from an eastern perspective...oh and mark cuban...stop crying...it makes you look like whiny little loser...oh wait...thats right...

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
Mark Cuban is one of the 5 most annoying people in the world right now.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
The brilliance on this board is apparent.

I've said my piece, I'll let you homer jokers have at the best team and the greatest owner in the league now. Enjoy! Hooray delusions!

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score

I've said my piece, I'll let you homer jokers have at the best team and the greatest owner in the league now. Enjoy! Hooray delusions!

I wasn't being a homer by saying that. I just find Cuban hugely annoying. Woohoo, he goes to the games and yells at the ref. Like a 5 year old, or maybe a drunk.

His blog isn't the least bit entertaining. If you didn't know it was being written by the owner of a professional sports team, nobody would read it. It's terribly written.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score

I wasn't being a homer by saying that. I just find Cuban hugely annoying. Woohoo, he goes to the games and yells at the ref. Like a 5 year old, or maybe a drunk.

His blog isn't the least bit entertaining. If you didn't know it was being written by the owner of a professional sports team, nobody would read it. It's terribly written.

Yet the hits don't lie.

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score

Yet the hits don't lie.

Ah yes, we all know popularity is a great benchmark for intelligent, well written prose. This is why Dan Brown is widely considered one of the top literary minds in our world.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score

Yet the hits don't lie.

Ah yes, we all know popularity is a great benchmark for intelligent, well written prose. This is why Dan Brown is widely considered one of the top literary minds in our world.

You may not think Cuban is intelligent, which is your prerogative, but you cannot deny the the entertainment factor. Cuban is clever and enigmatic, he's certainly the most prolific owner in sports (with the exception of that other cat in Dallas, maybe). Just about the only fan faction that wouldn't love Cuban as their owner is Heat fans, which I find telling.

Top Bottom