What's new

Hermida may begin season on DL

yandro

Muckdog
Reaction score
JUPITER -- Florida Marlins outfielder Jeremy Hermida once again is in danger of missing regular season games due to injury.

Friday morning, Hermida put on his street clothes and left camp. Asked if he could reveal where he was going, Hermida said "No" as he continued toward his car.

But Hermida told some of his teammates and he was going to the doctor, but it's uncertain whether the purpose of the appointment was to undergo magnetic resonance imaging on his right knee. X-rays came back negative, but the Marlins want to make sure the knee is structurally sound.

A source familiar with Hermida's situation said the problem could keep the starting right fielder sidelined through Opening Day.

Saturday, Hermida fouled a pitch off the knee cap and has not appeared in a Grapefruit League game since then.

Friday morning, manager Fredi Gonzalez said Hermida hit the ball hard during a couple of his five minor league at-bats Thursday. He made no reference to a setback with the knee, but Gonzalez later confirmed Hermida still felt some pain.

A former first-round draft pick and a preseason National League Rookie of the Year favorite in 2006, Hermida was limited to 307 at-bats due to a hip flexor and ankle injuries.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-323...la-sports-front

Not good news at all....let's hope all is ok with Hermida.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Borchard made a diving catch and had an outfield assist in right yesterday.

poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score
what are you getting at? :mischief2

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score
This may very well be one of those "injuries" where they keep him out of the lineup so he can learn how to his a baseball again.

*heads over to Bodog to bet the ranch on the under for the Marlins win total this year*

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score
This may very well be one of those "injuries" where they keep him out of the lineup so he can learn how to his a baseball again.

*heads over to Bodog to bet the ranch on the under for the Marlins win total this year*
What's the over / under?

I think JJ's injury is bigger factor than this.

They shouldn't trade Cody. I think Cody and Borchard may end up getting a lot of playing time at the same time.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score

What's the over / under?
anywhere from 76 to 78

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
what are you getting at? :mischief2
Ohhhhh, nothing. :whistle

Fish4Life

Muckdog
Reaction score
:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Kid has so much in him... STAY HEALTHY JEREMY!

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
When the article headline is "Marlins Hermida again in danger of missing season" I can only do this:

:bangdesk

This really sucks. He's one of the guys who you're hoping will have an "up" season in case there are some slides elsewhere..

yandro

Muckdog
Reaction score
When the article headline is "Marlins Hermida again in danger of missing season" I can only do this:

:bangdesk

With that headline, you'd think he's having Tommy John surgery :cool

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Not to sound negative but he just continues to become more and more of a liability.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
Not to sound negative but he just continues to become more and more of a liability.

How is he a liability?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
well that's a bit negative

He is entering his second season in the league. We don't have a JD Drew on our hands.... yet

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Argh Jeremy my love. Goodness, I need to make Jeremy a shirt that says "Please don't touch me because I will break" :banghead .

Reaction score

Who cares....now we don't have a RFer or a CFer and we lost 1 starter from our rotation.....ouch.

You're posts are ridiculous....and to think I was arguing with you over Joe Borchard...haha

Hopefully this will make the Marlins trade Petit or someone in the minors for an OFer!!!!!!!!!!!

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score

Who cares....now we don't have a RFer or a CFer and we lost 1 starter from our rotation.....ouch.

You're posts are ridiculous....and to think I was arguing with you over Joe Borchard...haha

Hopefully this will make the Marlins trade Petit or someone in the minors for an OFer!!!!!!!!!!!
How can you possibly blame me for thinking he's becoming a liability? Please tell me.

And to think I was arguing with someone who doesn't know proper third grade grammar.

FlummoxedLummox

Hermida is made of porcelain. At this point I just just expect him to be injured. That way if he ever does produce it will be a pleasant surprise.

Backin2008

Muckdog
Reaction score
Jeremy Hermida has done nothing in his career to date to warrant him being in the same sentence as JD Drew. Drew has been a productive player whenever he's been healthy......can't say the same for Hermida.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Jeremy Hermida has done nothing in his career to date to warrant him being in the same sentence as JD Drew. Drew has been a productive player whenever he's been healthy......can't say the same for Hermida.
I was referring to his potential and that he is frequently injured... obviously

Top Bottom