What's new

Hermida Rehab start 5/11/07

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
Got there early and Hermida was running poles in the outfield- Got a chance to get an autograph from him as well when he came over to the stands to greet his Aunt and Uncle who were in attendance. Asked him how his knee was feeling as well as how everything was coming along. Said he felt "pretty good" and was "almost ready to go". Real quiet guy- didn't exactly seem enthusiastic to be playing around a bunch of A-ballers.

He went 0-4, but had a couple of hard hit balls right at the 2B and SS respectively. Definitely a "solid 0fer" if anything.

Looked real good going up the line- definitely wasn't babying the knee whatsoever it seemed, and did not seem to come up limping or cringing at all after crossing the bag.

He had one ball hit to him in RF that tested his range- had to break in and towards the line pretty hard to make the catch, which he did with what seemed like very little or no pain. Other than that he handled everything else hit to him within his range with ease.

Other notes:

-Tucker got slapped around big time, including a mammoth shot from Jay Bruce. He was leaving the fastball up and the Reds made him pay.

-Kris Harvey was disastrous in LF. Terribly misplayed a routine catch in the first inning on a ball that went over his head. Also almost made the same mistake in the 3rd inning on another routine fly ball that he seemed to lose in the lights.

That's all I got. I think I may be going back tomorrow night, if I do I'll try to take some pics (I left the digicam in the car tonight)

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
How did Torre Langley look at catcher?

I was about to write a tidbit on him in my initial post; totally forgot - thanks for reminding me.

He was very impressive behind the dish. Tucker was all over the place and Langley did a great job handling him. Very aggressive too, a couple of nice snap-throws to first behind runners, as well as a laser of a throw that gunned down Mike Griffin at 2B.

Flamarlins3

Muckdog
Reaction score
Good to see Harvey's misadventures in the outfield are continuing :| ...he's a disaster out there

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
We could always move Harvey back to pitcher. He is a disaster in the field and at the plate right now. I know a lot of teams had him rated higher as a pitcher when he came out of Clemson.

Top Bottom