What's new

Hermida sparks life to the lineup

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
It may be just a coicidence but Hermida gives the lineup a whole new outlook. JoBo was becoming a gap in the offense. A healthy Hermida elevates this team to new heights production wise. Now we just need De Aza back...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't think adding De Aza will be nearly as big as adding Hermida was

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hermida's looked great. If he gets a good pitch to hit, he's actually swinging at it (unlike last year).

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
Hermida has deffinately helped out this lineup.

EricWiener

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't think adding De Aza will be nearly as big as adding Hermida was

It will be, because Amezega, Borchard, and Ross (when he comes back) will be bench players and Reggie will be back to delivering pizza.

Hermida needs to hit second.

I think he should lead off. He has speed and the ability to get on base.

LordMagnus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Olivo is the biggest hole in the line up right now. Uggla is starting to destroy the ball again, Cabrera starting to hit. Though I might like to see Hanley back in the lead off position, because he's built for it moreso than anyone else in the line up.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
Love seeing that beautiful swing back.. lets hope he stays healthy and does what we all know he can do.

Getting Jake back will be huge as well.. we need another lefty who can drive in runs in the middle of this lineup very badly. Getting De Aza back will be big as well, if not more for stability on the bench and everyone getting comfortable with their roles.

Chasecdt

Muckdog
Reaction score
Do you think when De Aza comes back he will bat leadoff? This is what my lineup would look like

De Aza
Hermida
Ramirez
Cabrara
Willingham
Uggla
Jacobs
Olivo

Sirspud

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think Reggie is the spark, but having Hermida helps too. (Slightly sarcastic for the record).

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
Do you think when De Aza comes back he will bat leadoff? This is what my lineup would look like

De Aza
Hermida
Ramirez
Cabrara
Willingham
Uggla
Jacobs
Olivo
there's no way de aza is leading off and there's no way jake is hitting 7th

BroncoBob27

Muckdog
Reaction score

De Aza
Hermida
Ramirez
Cabrara
Willingham
Uggla
Jacobs
Olivo

I think in the long term we may see a line up similar to this. But when the season started Fredi said he wasn't going to rush De Aza into anything. Let him play his way into moving up in the line up. If he continues to play the way he was (and I think he will) then I fully expect to see him in that lead off role. Watching him in ST he works the pitchers, draws walks, hits for average, and is damn fine on the base paths. Everything you want from a lead off hitter.

fauowls44

Muckdog
Reaction score

De Aza
Hermida
Ramirez
Cabrara
Willingham
Uggla
Jacobs
Olivo

Why not let De Aza lead off? If Reggie is given the chance to do it, I would certainly give De Aza the opportunity. He's got the speed for it and showed a pretty good eye in the spring and before he got hurt.

anotherrealfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
When De Aza gets back, at least this lineup is decent. The black holes at the bottom of the lineup go back to the bench. How nice is it to have Boone in the 8 spot instead of AA or Borchard etc. If we can get Olivo to get consistent, what a plus.

Bucklin12

Muckdog
Reaction score
Olivo is a funny case. I mean he hit .263 for us last year, which if that is our weakest spot in the order, I will take it. The trouble is he never gets on base... his OBP has consistently only been about .25 - .50 points higher than his average, and when your average peaks out at .270-.275.... that's not a good scenario.

But whatever, I like Olivo. He hits well with runners on for the most part... and he is one of the best catchers in the NL, with possibly the best arm.

catchoftheday

Muckdog
Reaction score
im glad Hermida is abck in the lineup and I like that he is being aggressive. Hopefully that aggressiveness doesnt turn into strikeouts

now the problem is to find a spot for him in the lineup

Cabrerafan

Muckdog
Reaction score

De Aza
Hermida
Ramirez
Cabrara
Willingham
Uggla
Jacobs
Olivo

I understand why Fredi moved Ramirez to the 3 spot, but I don't like it. A big part of Hanley's game is his speed, and I think it could be hindered with Cabs batting behind him. If Hanley gets on base and steals, Cabrera is intentionally walked. If Hanley is at first, the pitcher will be distracted, which is good, but it could also distract Cabrera's ABs. Now De Aza might turn out to be a great leadoff-type guy; it's just too early to tell. But for now, I'd go with something like this:

Ramirez
Hermida
Cabrera
Willingham
Jacobs
Uggla
De Aza
Olivo

Reaction score
Uggla's starting to heat up; his average is in the 250s now, so I would not move him down in the order. Just let things be how they are.

Reggie/Alfredo
Uggla
Hanley
Cabs
Hammer
Hermida
Boone
Olivo

It has worked till now, so lets not make any changes for now. I do would like to see hermida batting 2nd at some point in the season.

Top Bottom