What's new

Hermida Timetable

Bucklin12

Muckdog
Reaction score
Anyone have any info on when Hermida is returning? With Alejandro out, and possibly DL worthy, he really needs to get over his bruise.

Even then, if he doesn't produce what do you think happens post ASB?

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Who is this Hermida guy again? :D

I heard he is going to be back in May but you never know with him. Honestly, I never knew a bone bruise could take this long to heal. It has been about a month.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Whenever Hermida comes back (my guess: second week of May) he's got at least 100 no questions asked AB's.

From there it depends how Borchard/Ross are hitting, and of course, De Aza also has to play to keep his job too.

isd71

Muckdog
Reaction score
De Aza isn't going to the DL since fredi PH him in the top of the 9th yesterday so he can't be retro activated now, that or fredi screwed up.

Jimmy42Jack0

Muckdog
Reaction score
Who is this Hermida guy again? :D

I heard he is going to be back in May but you never know with him. Honestly, I never knew a bone bruise could take this long to heal. It has been about a month.
i had one on my ankle when i was like 8 years old...they are a bitch...let me tell you...ive even still got fluid in my foot from it

mcwkm

Muckdog
Reaction score
They call me Mr. Glass at school. Cause I break like glass.

vinivedivichi

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone listened to the TBS telecast of Sunday's game, but the Brave's announcers were basically questioning his toughness. They said baseball players have balls fouled off themselves all the time; those are the types of things you just play through. They said it's crazy that the guy has been out for a month from that injury.

llahsram

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah it does seem like he's got sort of an injury problem...

... but in Jeremy's defense, taking a foul off the kneecap sucks. IMO, we and Hermida are lucky that he won't be out for longer. That could have done some serious damage.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone listened to the TBS telecast of Sunday's game, but the Brave's announcers were basically questioning his toughness. They said baseball players have balls fouled off themselves all the time; those are the types of things you just play through. They said it's crazy that the guy has been out for a month from that injury.

Not where he fouled it off.

We're lucky that all it was was a bone bruise, if it was anything structural, he'd probably be done until at least the All Star Break, if not the season.

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
poor kid reminds me of mike tyson's punchout the first guy you face is glass joe.

I hope the kid gets it together though he has all of the talent in the world.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Just an observation:

Why haven't we heard from Jeremy Hermida how things are going? Where's the local sports media? If Manny Ramirez clips his toenails you know three papers in Boston are going to cover it but here's last season's can't miss rookie of the year out again and not one local sports reporter has interviewed him about how it's going or what's he doing to get back to playing everyday in right field or how's he feel missing another season.

I don't know if it's just a lazy, inept, uncaring press or the Marlins have him sequestered, or he's just not talking but it sort of reminds me of the old CCCP (for those young enough not to know, the Soviet Union, you know Russia) where people overnight became "non-persons", whisked off to a gulag somewhere.

And even what we get from Frisaro (warts and all without him we'd be in the stone age when it came to the Fish) is so vague, it just makes me more and more curious.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
hermida will be back when his vagina heals.

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score

:lol :lol :lol :lol

:notworthy

Owned.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score

So the surgery was successful? Good news :D

Let me wimp out and say I hope comes back, plays like the player we hoped he would be and helps lead the Marlins to the playoff.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score

So the surgery was successful? Good news :D

Let me wimp out and say I hope comes back, plays like the player we hoped he would be and helps lead the Marlins to the playoff.

I think we all want that.

Too bad it has never really happened on this level.

Top Bottom