What's new

He's Baaaaaaaaaack!

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's Lima Time again!
c/o rotoworld.com

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (Ticker) - Former All-Star Jose Lima moved a step closer to the major leagues on Wednesday when he signed a minor league contract with the Kansas City Royals.

The veteran righthander was assigned to Class-AAA Omaha in the Pacific Coast League.

The 30-year-old Lima was with the Newark Bears of the independent Atlantic League. He made eight starts for the Bears and posted a 6-1 record and 2.33 ERA with a league-high 52 strikeouts.

"I really loved my time here in Newark," Lima said. "The organization was great to me and they gave me the chance to prove that I belong back in the major leagues. And the fans here in Newark are beautiful. They treated me so well and I will miss them."

The native of the Dominican Republic has appeared in 262 major league games with the Detroit Tigers and Houston Astros. He was an All-Star for the Astros in 1999, when he posted a 21-10 record and 187 strikeouts in 246 1/3 innings.

Lima pitched for the Tigers last season and was 4-6 with a 4.20 ERA

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Lets see if he doesnt pitch horrible no more! He has good stuff and needs to stay out of trouble if he wants to see the Majors Soon....

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hopefully he does good in KC. He had a good record Newark 6-1 not bad.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
no decision
6IP
6H
4er
1bb

Royals win w/ a 2 run Sweeney single in the bottom of the 9th
5-4

Latest posts

Top Bottom