What's new

Hialeah Park...

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Very simple poll. Improvements would have to be made, but they would be made. The City of Hialeah owns the land and it is large enough to hold a ballpark. There is plenty of parking and the MetroRail passes right by. The ballpark can coexist with the historical race track. No horse running in the outfield. ;)

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Seeing that it is definately possible, seeing as the city already said yes, I have no objections. I live in Boca, so to avoid traffic I would simply take the TriRail.

Sounds good to me...

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Oh, yeah btw the Voters in Hialeah approved the financing for a ballpark in Hialeah in the year 2000. The money has been piling up, let's use it!

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I've already read the whole thread...

Like I said, it's gotta be a Million bagillion dollars cheaper to use a huge abandoned property owned by the city than a piece of land in Downtown Miami on the water owned pivately...

I think it's a good idea, and I'm sure they've explored any and all ideas. It's probably in the back of Samson and Loria's minds, but I think they want it downtown. Gotta admit, the stadium they had designed in 2001 for that property was astoundingly perfect.

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Fact is, Hialeah will never give enough money to build a stadium. It is one of the poorest cities in all of Florida, much worse than Miami, actually. Dont make it sound like theyve already approved financing, because thats not true, they approved a measure that would allow the use of public financing if the Marlins wanted to build a stadium there, which they dont. It didnt even come close to being a finalist last time they were picking sites for many reasons, not the least of which is traffic. And Hialeah cant come up with the public financing theyre going to need, around $300 million. The only way a stadium would work is if the Marlins paid $300 million and the city gave $100 million, and Loria isnt going to pay that much. You can dream all you want, but the Marlins will not be playing in Hialeah. Sure, I too would love if they played there as I live in south dade, but there are just too many obstacles for it to be a realsitic idea.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ross, Hialeah is in dade county. Dade county has the money. The problem downtown with the $$$ is the city of miami doesn't have the money. With Dade County giving money in bonds, Hialeah OWNING the land (Miami doesn't own river site they wanted), and the Marlins giving some money they can finance it. Are you a family person? Anyone here who is a family person, listen up. Would you take your family to a ballpark in Downtown or Hialeah? (Neither is not an answer).

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Actually, the city of Miami did approve the money for the stadium last time. The problem was that the funding that was going to be approved by the state fell through, and that was a major part. I wouldnt go to Hialeah unless I absolutely had to, and neither would anyone from Broward and especially Palm Beach. If youre implying that its safer than Miami, I completely disagree.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hialeah is more dangerous than Downtown Miami? WOW! I'm sure Laz would have a comment on that.

I mean I used to go to Hialeah Park and never had a problem, but when I went to Downtown I had the constant worry of being mugged. Ross get back on earth please.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
The state thing fell through because it was unfair to the cruise industry who had nothing to do with the ballteam.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hialeah is more dangerous than Downtown Miami? WOW! I'm sure Laz would have a comment on that.

I mean I used to go to Hialeah Park and never had a problem, but when I went to Downtown I had the constant worry of being mugged. Ross get back on earth please.
I still wouldn't consider that area because of the transportation issue... the cost of repairs, expansion, and repaving will be huge in that area...

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well, maybe if youre walking the streets of dowtown as opposed to being inside Hialeah park, sure its safer, but Im sure walking the streets of Hialeah is not a good idea, either. because you worried about being mugged its more dangerous? i mean, if something happened to you or someone you know, thats another thing. Maybe 20 years ago, Miami was extremely dangerous dowtown, but it has improved a lot since then. I go to Downtown a lot, it is not as dangerous as you protray. Just because I have a different opinion than you, dont tell me to get back on earth, yours in the not the only opinion. And I wasnt referring to the cruise ship thing, that wasnt part of the final proposal that was sent to the state, which was allowed to fall through because it wasnt voted on.
Actually, I dont even know why I am responding to this. This is not a realsitic option, and thats the truth. sure, I would like it there OR dowtown or anywhere really, but its not going to happen in Hialeah.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
DT, what maintenance? You build the ballpark in one of the empty parking lots. The race track structure cannot be touched.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
How much parking would be left? If the Tri-Rail is the only answer that's bogus... To reach the Tri-Rail you need a freaking car to get there because there aian't a lot of bus transportaion in Miami. Orlando has low amounts of traffic because the damn bus passes around each area every freaking 30 mins...

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Tri-Rail doens't run by the park. MetroRail runs by the park. There are acres and acres of parking. well over 75,000 parking spots. the site is like 103 acres. it is 1 mile wide by 2 miles long

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Just checked Yahoo! Maps and I see that it is big but... small highways around it... Palm Ave which is on the western side is beyond horrible, E 22nd ST is a small 2 lane road, Flamingo Way (E 4th St) is a secondary highway, and E 21th st is acceptable... that would be one of the worst places to place a baseball stadium... and it just as bad as the downtown...

SportsCenter

Muckdog
Reaction score

who said Hialeah is more dangerous than Downtown ? lol i live in hialeah and i walk alone and stuff nothin bad down here now i will not walk alone in downtown u crazy , i almost got rob with my friend in downtown we went to some heat games and than some guy wanna to take some thing of ur's... now that never happen to me in hialeah so i know for sure u never came down here, so dont talk what u dont know thx

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Just checked Yahoo! Maps and I see that it is big but... small highways around it... Palm Ave which is on the western side is beyond horrible, E 22nd ST is a small 2 lane road, Flamingo Way (E 4th St) is a secondary highway, and E 21th st is acceptable... that would be one of the worst places to place a baseball stadium... and it just as bad as the downtown...
Couldnt agree with you more about the roads. The only highway somewhat close by is the 826, but where does that have the most traffic, even though they just finished major construction in the area? Hialeah. I really dont see this as a viable option. If this is such a good choice, why wasnt it on the finalist list for stadium sites last time?

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
I can talk because I know both areas very well, thank you. I love how people talk about almost being robbed or worrying about it being mugged making downtown dangerous. either you are or arent, its like being almost pregnant.

Top Bottom