What's new

Hinch and Luhnow fired after being suspended by MLB

Michael

Jumbo Shrimp
VIP
Reaction score
Fuck Taubman in particular.

1st and 2nd round picks both years is significant but with their scouting and development departments, cheating aside, they'll be fine there. Should have taken more picks from them IMO.

Losing Hinch and Luhnow for a year won't change much. Chances are they still win 95+ games (so, ok, that's a 12 win decrease, but c'mon).

SonOfJack

Belligerent Homer
Reaction score
So how does this work for Houston's manager position? Does the bench coach become manager or do they hire a manager for one year?

SonOfJack

Belligerent Homer
Reaction score

SonOfJack

Belligerent Homer
Reaction score
Alex Cora (Bench Coach). Cora was involved in developing both the banging scheme and utilizing the replay review room to decode and transmit signs. Cora participated in both schemes, and through his active participation, implicitly condoned the players’ conduct. I will withhold determining the appropriate level of discipline for Cora until after the DOI completes its investigation of the allegations that the Red Sox engaged in impermissible electronic sign stealing in 2018 while Cora was the manager.

rmc523

Hammerhead
Reaction score

1st and 2nd round picks both years is significant but with their scouting and development departments, cheating aside, they'll be fine there. Should have taken more picks from them IMO.

Losing Hinch and Luhnow for a year won't change much. Chances are they still win 95+ games (so, ok, that's a 12 win decrease, but c'mon).
I'm with you - losing the GM/manager for a year won't do much.

Sounds like Cora is in line for a much harsher penalty though.

Michael

Jumbo Shrimp
VIP
Reaction score
I'm with you - losing the GM/manager for a year won't do much.

Sounds like Cora is in line for a much harsher penalty though.
As he should be. Cheating scandal on TWO teams not just one.

SonOfJack

Belligerent Homer
Reaction score
Cora did it in two places, was instrumental in developing the schemes and the statement there from MLB seems pretty harsh. Seems like one year would be too light considering Hinch got a year and was less involved and only did it with one team.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score

the bigger loss is not the picks but the money associated with the picks.

this is severe.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Some people saying who cares big deal is funny at how little they know the game and how little they truly know how managers operate.

shocking.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
This will take the Astros a few years to recover from. You won’t see it in 2020 or 2021 but 2024-2026 is when you’ll see the real consequences.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I can believe that Hinch didn't want to be a part of this but I can't believe that he was gonna sit back and let it happen if he didn't want it to happen.

As the clubhouse manager he had every right to demand a stop to it. By not doing so he was basically condoning it so screw him for not fighting this from the start.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
I can believe that Hinch didn't want to be a part of this but I can't believe that he was gonna sit back and let it happen if he didn't want it to happen.

As the clubhouse manager he had every right to demand a stop to it. By not doing so he was basically condoning it so screw him for not fighting this from the start.
MLB agreed with you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom