What's new

Hinch and Luhnow fired after being suspended by MLB

SonOfJack

Belligerent Homer
Reaction score
If Hinch and Luhnow got the punishments they got and the report repeatedly says that both guys weren't really leading the problem as much as just letting it happen, imagine how screwed Cora is since he seems to be the real ring leader.

Does Boston fire him???
His suspension should be longer for that reason and also for bringing it to another team.

And yeah I assume Boston will fire him.

SonOfJack

Belligerent Homer
Reaction score
The Red Sox should really fire Cora today since the MLB findings show he was involved in cheating with Houston. There is no need for them to wait for a penalty to be issued.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
The Red Sox should really fire Cora today since the MLB findings show he was involved in cheating with Houston. There is no need for them to wait for a penalty to be issued.
They can't fire him for what he did in Houston. They should fire him for cheating in Boston and technically that hasn't been proven yet. In theory cheating in Houston doesn't automatically mean he cheated in Boston. I know we all know better but "innocent until proven guilty." They gotta wait.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
They can't fire him for what he did in Houston. They should fire him for cheating in Boston and technically that hasn't been proven yet. In theory cheating in Houston doesn't automatically mean he cheated in Boston. I know we all know better but "innocent until proven guilty." They gotta wait.
They don’t have to do anything. I mean they haven’t done anything the last two winters so doing nothing is something they are good at

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Astros are gonna need to repair their culture and their relationships with the community and the media and the fanbase... they should hire Chip Bowers to help with that.

mystikol87

Muckdog
Reaction score
Some of y’all are saying 8 draft picks lost. I saw first and second-round picks in 2020 and 2021. That sounds like 4 total picks. What am I missing?

Michael

Jumbo Shrimp
VIP
Reaction score
Some thoughts:

- Can't just give the title to the Dodgers because that assumes that they'd have beaten the Yankees or Red Sox in 2017 (let's not assume Astros 100% win without cheating against them). Only way to do it right is to get all players from those teams that year and have them play the games! (OK that won't happen.)

- Olbermann is an exaggerator, always has been, just wants the clicks. Hard to take him seriously when he sent out a slew of tweets calling a particular Presidential candidate a "motherfucker" over and over again. Whether agreeing with him or not. He called the Stanton contract "a scam" the day after it was announced, which to some small extent he was correct, Loria never intended to pay for the whole thing, but it does still exist.

- Pretty sure it was indeed just four draft picks, the first and second round picks this year and next year. Still a lot.

- Das, I really don't understand why you think the Dodgers are poorly managed in-game or poorly run in their front office. They've won the West seven consecutive years, made it to the World Series twice in that span and made it beyond the division series four of those years. You don't just do that with a poorly run team.

- Cora is absolutely boned pending the investigation into the Red Sox.

- Luhnow claims to not be a cheater. Ha.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Some of y’all are saying 8 draft picks lost. I saw first and second-round picks in 2020 and 2021. That sounds like 4 total picks. What am I missing?
2 picks in each of those rounds.

It's not one pick in each round it's all their picks in those rounds. So its 2 first round picks in 2020, 2 second round picks in 2020, 2 first round picks in 2021, and 2 second round picks in 2021... 8 lost picks in total.

If it turns out that the lost number of picks don't equal 8 then they would lose picks in 2022 as well until they lose 8.

Michael

Jumbo Shrimp
VIP
Reaction score
2 picks in each of those rounds.

It's not one pick in each round it's all their picks in those rounds. So its 2 first round picks in 2020, 2 second round picks in 2020, 2 first round picks in 2021, and 2 second round picks in 2021... 8 lost picks in total.

If it turns out that the lost number of picks don't equal 8 then they would lose picks in 2022 as well until they lose 8.
Source please. <3

Latest posts

Top Bottom