What's new

Hinch and Luhnow fired after being suspended by MLB

SonOfJack

Belligerent Homer
Reaction score
"I am not a cheater" - Luhnow.

lol yeah this all went on without you knowing anything about it, sure thing bud. Not shutting it down is also cheating

Michael

Jumbo Shrimp
VIP
Reaction score
From The Athletic via Ken Rosenthal and Evan Drillich, who have been on this story since early November:

"The forfeitures of first- and second-round draft picks in both 2020 and ’21."

Where do you see up to eight picks?

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
So Luhnow is basically claiming ignorance but I don't think he gets suspended if they didn't prove that he at least knew about it. They concluded that Crane knew nothing so if Luhnow knew nothing that probably would have been proven as well.

Michael

Jumbo Shrimp
VIP
Reaction score
So Luhnow is basically claiming ignorance but I don't think he gets suspended if they didn't prove that he at least knew about it. They concluded that Crane knew nothing so if Luhnow knew nothing that probably would have been proven as well.
I agree - I am pretty shocked that players aren't getting suspended at all, especially given the info out on Beltran.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
- Das, I really don't understand why you think the Dodgers are poorly managed in-game or poorly run in their front office. They've won the West seven consecutive years, made it to the World Series twice in that span and made it beyond the division series four of those years. You don't just do that with a poorly run team.
Dodgers refuse to actually make the big trade and move a prospect because well I dont know why. They refused to move Urias because he was going to be the next great thing instead of using him to acquire Verlander or even Hamels.

Thats not being aggressive and realizing you fucking play in Los Angeles. That your 'process' is better than anyone else.

So they have won the west 7 years in a row, big fucking deal. They should be. Raise those division flags as being something grand.

They should be using their vast resources to being in the playoffs/series yearly.

Roberts is a bad in game manager, he fucking telegraphed his game plan last year to the Nationals for fucks sake. Great guy, bad in game manager (but not unexpected given his lack of experience).

If the Dodgers truly wanted to win the World Series, they would have seen so many of the actual failures, nut up and make the big fucking move. Sign the giant free agent. Make the blockbuster trade.

They trade for Justin Verlander in 2017, they win the World Series. They might have repeated in 2018. But Andrew Friedman thinks he can take the Rays philosophy and use that in the massive market of the Dodgers. Dodgers are making money hand over fist, but at the same time, they would rather make money over winning the World Series. Winning the World Series would just be a fun by product it seems.

If the Dodgers truly wanted to win, they make the big massive move to win and improve the roster. They havent and they arent going to.

Is there some reason why Lindor is not wearing Dodger blue at this point? The Dodgers own cheapness and overvaluing their prospects.

Go get the players and win a fucking World Series or three!

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I agree - I am pretty shocked that players aren't getting suspended at all, especially given the info out on Beltran.
How weird that Beltran is the only specific player named in the report? The guy that just became a new manager. If they weren't gonna discipline any players then none should have been named for anything negative. Feels kinda shady that they did name him though... as if Manfred wanted to point him out so that people keep an eye on him in NY.

"I won't mention any names but Carlos Beltran did participate in this!"

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Jeff Luhnow is a fucking piece of shit.

Seen over and over and over again.

Hell the Astros system got hacked largely becuse of Luhnow not bothering to change his password from his Cardinal days becuase he is smarter than anyone else!

Jeff123 is probably a bad passworld Jeff.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Dodgers refuse to actually make the big trade and move a prospect because well I dont know why. They refused to move Urias because he was going to be the next great thing instead of using him to acquire Verlander or even Hamels.

Thats not being aggressive and realizing you fucking play in Los Angeles. That your 'process' is better than anyone else.

So they have won the west 7 years in a row, big fucking deal. They should be. Raise those division flags as being something grand.

They should be using their vast resources to being in the playoffs/series yearly.

Roberts is a bad in game manager, he fucking telegraphed his game plan last year to the Nationals for fucks sake. Great guy, bad in game manager (but not unexpected given his lack of experience).

If the Dodgers truly wanted to win the World Series, they would have seen so many of the actual failures, nut up and make the big fucking move. Sign the giant free agent. Make the blockbuster trade.

They trade for Justin Verlander in 2017, they win the World Series. They might have repeated in 2018. But Andrew Friedman thinks he can take the Rays philosophy and use that in the massive market of the Dodgers. Dodgers are making money hand over fist, but at the same time, they would rather make money over winning the World Series. Winning the World Series would just be a fun by product it seems.

If the Dodgers truly wanted to win, they make the big massive move to win and improve the roster. They havent and they arent going to.

Is there some reason why Lindor is not wearing Dodger blue at this point? The Dodgers own cheapness and overvaluing their prospects.

Go get the players and win a fucking World Series or three!
All this rambling about how you dislike what the Dodgers have been doing and it completely negates the fact that the Dodgers could have potentially won two of the last three World Series if they weren't playing proven cheaters both times.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
All this rambling about how you dislike what the Dodgers have been doing and it completely negates the fact that the Dodgers could have potentially won two of the last three World Series if they weren't playing proven cheaters both times.
Only the Astros have been proven to cheat yet.

And yet it totally negates how if they had just bothered to make a big trade they win regardless. Let's just overlook how they have not been aggressive and remembered they play in the #2 media market in the United States.

Latest posts

Top Bottom