What's new

Holaday outrighted, opts to become free agent

Reaction score
I like Holaday, and there's more to catching than what the numbers can show us, presently, but Holaday was the worst framer in baseball this year. His fWAR was below replacement level.

I'm sure the Marlins could get him back on a minor league deal if they wanted to because I don't think any other team offers anything more. So it's definitely not worth, say, Will Stewart getting Rule 5'd for a replacement level catcher.

Michael

Jumbo Shrimp
VIP
Reaction score
I like Holaday, and there's more to catching than what the numbers can show us, presently, but Holaday was the worst framer in baseball this year. His fWAR was below replacement level.

I'm sure the Marlins could get him back on a minor league deal if they wanted to because I don't think any other team offers anything more. So it's definitely not worth, say, Will Stewart getting Rule 5'd for a replacement level catcher.
I'll agree with all this. He hit well as the back-up but that's it. Defense was lacking and that's the #1 thing you want from your backup catcher.

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
I'm fine with Wallach next year. Either way I don't think either will play a major role when the team is back in contention 2-3 years from now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom