What's new

Home Opener Tickets

elizabethgreene

Muckdog
Reaction score
I was just curious what kind of demand there usually is for tickets for the home opener. I am making a trip to Miami for the opening weekend and not sure if I should get tickets through official or err....unofficial means. I know I could get some tickets, but I'd be interested in good seats. Will these be available when they go on sale? Thanks!

MrAndMrsFish

Mr. Minor League
Reaction score
tickets go on sale next Saturday Feb. 10, usually opening day is the biggest demand....so you might want to get tickets on ticketmaster early next saturday :)

Fish4Life

Muckdog
Reaction score
You'll be able to get opening day tickets for sure whenever you want.. However, if you want good seats then I suggest you take the advice from MrandMRs and get them saturday morning online

elizabethgreene

Muckdog
Reaction score
thanks guys. ill be picking up tickets to all 3 games next saturday, just wanted to make sure id be able to get some decent seats for the opener.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
No way it sells out or comes close to being at full capacity, but if you know where you want to sit and that's only where you want to sit, getting them early is advisable.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
may be the only set of games that come close to selling out all year long.

CTMarlinsfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
should I buy tickets to the June 14 10th anny. 1997 WS champs game in advance?

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
Buying tickets in advance is silly with the convenience charges. I always buy tickets at the gate (usually Fish Tank kid tickets)

But then again, you might not be a cheap bastard.

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
Buying tickets in advance is silly with the convenience charges. I always buy tickets at the gate (usually Fish Tank kid tickets)

I do that too, when my dad and I go. One of us has an infield box seat, the other a fishtank. sometimes the guy at the section entrance makes us show him the tickets but he only looks at the top one. so we get in. we usually try to just walk on by and tell him we know where our damn seats are.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score

You should re-read the Marlins 2007 business plan.

MrAndMrsFish

Mr. Minor League
Reaction score
what TSwift said...this year...to buy tickets day of game will be more expensive....so if you want to "save" money you need to buy your tickets in advance :)

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
what TSwift said...this year...to buy tickets day of game will be more expensive....so if you want to "save" money you need to buy your tickets in advance :)

If you go to the marlins store, you can get tickets with the extra charge. You can also get tickets for future games at the stadium as well.

You can always get tickets, they just may not be good seats. We had 50,000+ in 2004 and 2005, but there were still 10,000 seats left for the game (upper level outfield).

BroncoBob27

Muckdog
Reaction score
No way it sells out or comes close to being at full capacity, but if you know where you want to sit and that's only where you want to sit, getting them early is advisable.

Home Opener is usually the best selling ticket when single game goes on sale. And this year that game is at 7:05 on a Friday so I would expect a rather large crowd. If needed they will open other sections. But if you want a particular section buy early. If you want the week end series I would say buy Friday's on line then buy the others at that game.
As for the 10 anniversary game I would also say buy that early if you want a particular section.

1truefan

Muckdog
Reaction score

If you go to the marlins store, you can get tickets with the extra charge. You can also get tickets for future games at the stadium as well.

You can always get tickets, they just may not be good seats. We had 50,000+ in 2004 and 2005, but there were still 10,000 seats left for the game (upper level outfield).

The Marlins store doesn't have an extra charge....it's the same thing as getting them at the stadium box office...

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score

The Marlins store doesn't have an extra charge....it's the same thing as getting them at the stadium box office...

opps I ment to write without.

SHUfishfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Except of course for playoff tickets :mischief

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score

did you mean oops? :thumbup

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score

did you mean oops? :thumbup

oops :rolleyes:

Fish4Life

Muckdog
Reaction score
Except of course for playoff tickets :mischief

:mischief2

Top Bottom