What's new

Homer is being rebuilt as promised

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Oh yeah I had forgotten about this but good on them for keeping their promise lol.

rmc523

Hammerhead
Reaction score
I love how they put it behind the massive fence, which completely goes against the whole people can come take pictures at 3:05 thing.

THRILLHO

Hammerhead
Reaction score
I love how they put it behind the massive fence, which completely goes against the whole people can come take pictures at 3:05 thing.
Better then putting it inside a massive stadium that charges for admission which also goes against the whole public art thing

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Better then putting it inside a massive stadium that charges for admission which also goes against the whole public art thing
Yea but can you get inside the fence without a ticket to the game? If there isn't public access inside the fencing then this might still not be public art.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
So how did they go about rebuilding this?

Did they dismantle it then trade away the older more expensive parts for cheaper and younger parts and then rebuild the whole structure with those parts?

It's a damn shame that they had to do it this way because I heard they were just two metal beams away.

rmc523

Hammerhead
Reaction score
Yea but can you get inside the fence without a ticket to the game? If there isn't public access inside the fencing then this might still not be public art.
No. They started closing/locking the fence before last season. They must've not liked me walking around all the time haha. Unless they plan on shifting the fence back in this area.

THRILLHO

Hammerhead
Reaction score
No. They started closing/locking the fence before last season. They must've not liked me walking around all the time haha. Unless they plan on shifting the fence back in this area.
I was just going to make a reference to you doing this.

rmc523

Hammerhead
Reaction score
I drove by the park on Monday. progress is being made on Homer, but as mentioned previously, it's behind the giant fence, which to me defeats the purpose of putting it back up for public viewing. I didn't stop to take a picture of what I'm talking about. The above photo shows it some, but doesn't give a good reference for the whole area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom