poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score
9-0! damn!

:pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

fauowls44

Muckdog
Reaction score
Both Marlins bills in the Senate passed committee votes too. Both votes were 5-0. Anyone know what comes next?

MiRi

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ok, that's great. Now we gotta wait and see what happens next. I hope we get things our way this time.

MiamiMarlins13

Muckdog
Reaction score
When the senate portion comes up, can anyone post it so I can possibly tune in?

Keeping the fingers crossed....and praying!!!

fauowls44

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Senate committees already voted today. Both Marlins related bills passed easily 5-0.

fauowls44

Muckdog
Reaction score
According to the House and Senate websites, all 3 of the Marlins related bills have moved on to other committees. Not sure if they will be voted on today or not.

gj4marlins

Muckdog
Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/sou...-home-headlines

In regards to the Orange Bowl Location, I think thats a horrible choice. As a Hurricanes Season Ticket Holder I do not mind going six days a year and walking a mile and a half from the Courthouse, but for 81 days that a tough sell. Unless Miami-Dade plans on running Metrorail or Metromover to the OB, the better plan would be to sell the Orange Bowl Property to an Affordable Housing Developer, and take the proceeds to buy Downtown land around Miami Arena for the Ballpark. It is right next to existing Metrorail and Metromover stations, and surrounded by redevelopment property that could someday become a small "Wrigleyville". The Orange Bowl property has no such potential, and is already built out with residential property. I do not see those properties being redeveloped. JMI :whistle
  • OB = Residential Neightborhood = Affordable Housing plus Valuable Land Sale
  • Downtown Miami/Miami Arena Lots and Redevelopment = Urban Location on Transit Lines
  • Public Perception = Ballpark + Affordable Housing = Win/Win
  • OB Land Sale = 5 Million an Acre x 35 Acres = 175 Million
  • Ballpark Land Downtown = 9 Million an Acre x 18-20 acres = 175 Million
  • City of Miami Contribution = + 84 Million Bond Dollars + Land + Annual Tourist Tax Dollar Subsidy from Miami Arena

anotherrealfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sen Ted Deutch of Boca was questioning the value of approving this bill because he was concerned that it would be asking his constituents to drive further south to a game. The excerpt:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although they voted to move the measure out of committee, senators from Broward and Palm Beach counties echoed concerns of constituents who aren't happy about driving further south than Dolphin Stadium to catch a baseball game.

"A lot of our constituents look at this and wonder why it makes sense for them," said Sen. Ted Deutch, D-Boca Raton. "And our constituents will ask how we can agree to $60 million when the needs of the state are so great. If we can explain why this is such a good investment, it may be the right thing to do."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess BroncoBob got to him. When will these politicians stop trying to make it seem like their public is coming up with money out of their pocket. ITS A REBATE FROM PEOPLE GOING TO THE GAMES. So, if people don't want to drive south, they would rather the Marlins just leave. Help me.

FishFan24

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sen Ted Deutch of Boca was questioning the value of approving this bill because he was concerned that it would be asking his constituents to drive further south to a game. The excerpt:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although they voted to move the measure out of committee, senators from Broward and Palm Beach counties echoed concerns of constituents who aren't happy about driving further south than Dolphin Stadium to catch a baseball game.

"A lot of our constituents look at this and wonder why it makes sense for them," said Sen. Ted Deutch, D-Boca Raton. "And our constituents will ask how we can agree to $60 million when the needs of the state are so great. If we can explain why this is such a good investment, it may be the right thing to do."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess BroncoBob got to him. When will these politicians stop trying to make it seem like their public is coming up with money out of their pocket. ITS A REBATE FROM PEOPLE GOING TO THE GAMES. So, if people don't want to drive south, they would rather the Marlins just leave. Help me.

You think thats bad? You should read the comments of some of these loony toones that posted a comment at Sun Sentinel.com

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/south-fl...P4UJD5D5GBQV6IESun Sentinel reacts to Stadium News

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/sou...-home-headlines

In regards to the Orange Bowl Location, I think thats a horrible choice. As a Hurricanes Season Ticket Holder I do not mind going six days a year and walking a mile and a half from the Courthouse, but for 81 days that a tough sell. Unless Miami-Dade plans on running Metrorail or Metromover to the OB, the better plan would be to sell the Orange Bowl Property to an Affordable Housing Developer, and take the proceeds to buy Downtown land around Miami Arena for the Ballpark. It is right next to existing Metrorail and Metromover stations, and surrounded by redevelopment property that could someday become a small "Wrigleyville". The Orange Bowl property has no such potential, and is already built out with residential property. I do not see those properties being redeveloped. JMI :whistle
  • OB = Residential Neightborhood = Affordable Housing plus Valuable Land Sale
  • Downtown Miami/Miami Arena Lots and Redevelopment = Urban Location on Transit Lines
  • Public Perception = Ballpark + Affordable Housing = Win/Win
  • OB Land Sale = 5 Million an Acre x 35 Acres = 175 Million
  • Ballpark Land Downtown = 9 Million an Acre x 18-20 acres = 175 Million
  • City of Miami Contribution = + 84 Million Bond Dollars + Land + Annual Tourist Tax Dollar Subsidy from Miami Arena
Move the children's court to the OB...build the stadium in the 9 acres. Damn that's small!

IrishHarrington

Muckdog
Reaction score
hopefully we are going to get this done, maybe it is the pessimist in me but the to my eyes the local politicians have been the major problem , this rebate is icing on the cake but the bulk of the work towards new stadium lay with the local officials :(

miamibaseball

Muckdog
Reaction score
so we got 60million tax money? did it pass through the house? i remember last year it want to vote few min before mildnight their was not about this passing on news today ch 7,ch 10,ch6 or ch4

Geek_Squad

Muckdog
Reaction score

You think thats bad? You should read the comments of some of these loony toones that posted a comment at Sun Sentinel.com

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/south-fl...P4UJD5D5GBQV6IESun Sentinel reacts to Stadium News

It sounds like most of the people who posted there dont understand the concept of a tax rebate.

BroncoBob27

Muckdog
Reaction score

LOL You have my word on it that I have contacted no politicians. I don't like the downtown site, I don't like the OB site, and I don't want to have to give up my season tickets. I will debate the virtues of all the proposed sites with a lean towards being in Hialeah (even over the best location for me, Pompano) because I honestly feel that is the best place for all 3 counties involved. But I'm a team player and will gladly take one on the chin if ANY deal gets done. It has been my stance all along.
Fair enough???

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score

It sounds like most of the people who posted there dont understand the concept of a tax rebate.

Yeah. Somebody e-mail or call those fools!

Top Bottom