What's new

How bout that Offense

Reaction score
40 runs total leads mlb, we have scored more runs then some teams have combined for

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Depending on how Hermida plays it can be even deadlier.

Hermida will be better than anyone we throw in right field.

Beinfest4Prez

Muckdog
Reaction score
Depending on how Hermida plays it can be even deadlier.

Hermida will be better than anyone we throw in right field.
:mischief

Hermida will be back. This team is just the complete opposite of Spring Training so far. This is awesome.

FishFan24

Muckdog
Reaction score
Its certainly a nice change of pace over past seasons when the offense came out of the gate stuttering. Here's hoping that the good times continue to roll :cheers

FishFan9703

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hopefully the offense will continue to do well. The past few years they have struggled the first few months with the bats and it's only been pitching. This year the pitching is there and all we need to be a great team is good offensive production.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
As Mike Jacobs strode around first while his homer settled into the fifth row or so of rightfield I couldn't help but smile and think of all the sh*t heaped on him this off-season.

And when he was intentionally walked, not once but twice, (no that wasn't a typo please read aloud, "Mike Jacobs being intentionally walked twice in one game") let's just say it was the cherry atop one mother of a hot fudge sundae.

Maybe I'm missing it but I don't see anyone even mentioning his contribution today or so far this season. Early in the season? Yes. Too soon to be pronouncing him the next big thing? You betcha. But one thing of interest is how well he's hitting lefties, almost 200 points higher than against righties, and a 100 points above his .435 average.

The first week of baseball is always filled with these kinds of stories. Some continue, some fade, but let's admire his achievement this week and hope for many more. :brigginbounce

And there was Amezaga, but that's another story...

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
As Mike Jacobs strode around first while his homer settled into the fifth row or so of rightfield I couldn't help but smile and think of all the sh*t heaped on him this off-season.

And when he was intentionally walked, not once but twice, (no that wasn't a typo please read aloud, "Mike Jacobs being intentionally walked twice in one game") let's just say it was the cherry atop one mother of a hot fudge sundae.

Maybe I'm missing it but I don't see anyone even mentioning his contribution today or so far this season. Early in the season? Yes. Too soon to be pronouncing him the next big thing? You betcha. But one thing of interest is how well he's hitting lefties, almost 200 points higher than against righties, and a 100 points above his .435 average.

The first week of baseball is always filled with these kinds of stories. Some continue, some fade, but let's admire his achievement this week and hope for many more. :brigginbounce

And there was Amezaga, but that another story...

Hey, I'm happy that he's not always first pitch swinging and actually goes the other way now and then.

However, as you said, I think we need to wait until he cools off and see how he responds before we put him up there.

Also, Jacobs is a huge streak hitter (that's not a slight at all) and there were stretches last year where he'd go through a spell like this and then later be an automatic out. If he can just show consistency I'll be happy.

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
Shadez, Cabs, Jake, Willy.Olivo and De Aza that is what has happened to our Offense. BTW Uggla had a very good game today. We can start adding his name now

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Does anyone know what Rich and Tommy were talking about when De Aza was batting in the later innings? I remember De Aza hitting all these line shots into the seats and R + T were saying some good things about him. BTW: My uncle is very hard of hearing and he talks so loud, so that is why I missed it :lol .

Psycho Sid

Muckdog
Reaction score
Shadez, Cabs, Jake, Willy.Olivo and De Aza that is what has happened to our Offense. BTW Uggla had a very good game today. We can start adding his name now

Yeah, I was happy to see Uggla have some success at the plate today.

LordMagnus

Muckdog
Reaction score
The impressive thing about the win is scoring 6 runs without Olivo, Ramirez, and Willingham in your lineup, all three of which are usual contributors. Uggla got two hits as well, which is encouraging to see him hit again. Jacobs is doing an outstanding job, definitely a much better start than last year. :notworthy

Top Bottom