What's new

How much Longer?

Tiredfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
How much longer we THE FANS need to wait for the Marlins to terminate Mr. Mattingly?, He is a disgrace to the the team I love with my heart, We don't even have a steady lineup and then Mr. Yankee gets mad when fans don't go to the stadium, no one will support the team the way is setup today, a loosing team, when a lineup do great in one game Mr. Mattingly changes it for the next game???, It is ridiculous, Not ONLY the worse record in the National League but the worse Marlins season since 1993 

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
Even if the Marlins lose the extra innings game against the Twins today, they would not be on pace to lose 100 games this year. Considering how much better the team has been since the 10-31 start, it now seems unlikely that they will even reach that mark. So, I would say that this year is no worse than 2013 or 1998. As for Mattingly, I feel like they are doing the attrition approach. As in wait until his contract expires at the end of the year and not renew. Besides, it could be worse than Mattingly. We could have Gabe Kapler or Dave Martinez as our skipper.

THRILLHO

Hammerhead
Reaction score
If you hold your breath it will happen any second 

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
I'm with FishFan - they'll let him run out his contract and bring in a new guy next year.

THRILLHO

Hammerhead
Reaction score
. Besides, it could be worse than Mattingly. We could have Gabe Kapler or Dave Martinez as our skipper.
They will probably hire someone like that. Let me look into my crystal ball......David Eckstein. 

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
They will probably hire someone like that. Let me look into my crystal ball......David Eckstein. 
I just thought it has been hilarious that over different parts of the season, with the Marlins in last place the whole year, the Marlins have played 3 different teams in the division (PHI, WAS, NYM) while their fans were actively calling for their manager's head on twitter.

THRILLHO

Hammerhead
Reaction score
That is funny.  What percentage of teams fans are doing this during a typical season?  Probably high right?   It was bound to happen in the east though because aside from the marlins each team thought they were positioned to make a run so someone was going to be angry 

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
That is funny.  What percentage of teams fans are doing this during a typical season?  Probably high right?   It was bound to happen in the east though because aside from the marlins each team thought they were positioned to make a run so someone was going to be angry 
Based on this season and the state of the farm systems of each team in the division, I see NYM and PHI as dumpster fires ready to implode and WAS as a team that will start a decline phase in the next year or so with major FA loses and aging veterans bringing the team down. When the Marlins enter their window, the Braves might be the only team in the way.

THRILLHO

Hammerhead
Reaction score
Based on this season and the state of the farm systems of each team in the division, I see NYM and PHI as dumpster fires ready to implode and WAS as a team that will start a decline phase in the next year or so with major FA loses and aging veterans bringing the team down. When the Marlins enter their window, the Braves might be the only team in the way.
The Braves are going to be a pain in the ass for a long time I’m afraid 

Erick

LumberKing
Reaction score
Mattingly isn’t hurting this team. He doesn’t have enough talent to win.

As it is, the team is a not so terrible 32-34 since the 10-31 start.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Mattingly isn’t hurting this team. He doesn’t have enough talent to win.

As it is, the team is a not so terrible 32-34 since the 10-31 start.
Eh ... I think the team would be over .500 in that span if not for a good number of Mattingly's decisions. Many of those decisions involve one Adam Michael Conley.

CyggyMarlin

Here For The Plan
Reaction score
misleading... I thought this was a "How much longer until Isan gets called-up" thread

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
“Lowly Marlins”

Top Bottom