Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
they aint 'amazing' or anything.....

1truefan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hence spend the money somewhere else....I went to this lunch yesterday and they were there handing out those dimes I posted earlier about. I can honestly say that I, yes, I attracted more attention than they did. :p

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Money is not an issue here. They get paid little or nothing, certainly not enough to even pay a player for a week. Just as a reference, the batkids are paid $25 and have to work about 6 hours per game. Its about having fun, I really think too much was made about them.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Frankly speaking, I think they are hot.
...and the majority of them have very large breasts.

:w00t good to know... Very, very good to know! lol. Maybe I'll go out to a few more games this year because of them... :cool oh wait, no I won't! :lol lol...

Pointless... :banghead

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont you think that all of you are blowing this a little out of proportion????

first of all they are not cheerleaders. and i was there at the game tonite and they appeared on the big screen no more than 5-6 times the whole game. and you see them taking pictures with fans all over the stadium.

what is the big problem with that?

and if you have a 5 year old son and you have a problem with him seeing a blonde bimbo in a marlins t-shirt in black shorts you really have a problem and you are a very overprotective parent. EASE UP!!!!!!!

and they are not cheerleaders, if you add up the salary of every single one of the marlins mermaids during all of the 81 homegames they will get paid no more than $30,000 - $40,000 dollars the whole season.

somebody earlier said you would want the money to be spent on a reliever. all of these chicks put together make much less than the lowest paid player in the majors.

the mermaids make the game more fun.

60% of the marlins fan base that go to the games are guys.

and

59% of those fans like girls. SO WHAT IS THE BIG PROBLEM HERE?

they are simply there to bring laughter to the stadium. as i said before ( i hope i dont offend anybody here ) a lot of you here on this board are way too up tight and need to ease up on life.

and maybe the marlins are the first team to bring cheerleaders in the game of baseball. but watch it'll be a trend that will spread to a lot of teams.

i think hot chicks in tight shirts and short shorts belong in every sport except than tennis and golf.

well those are my thooughts on that issue

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
too many men are chauvinist pigs too....

so whats your point?

hell what am i saying, society is for the most part so screwed up that its hard for anyone to actually have good clean non-sexually driven entertainment.

if this becomes a trend, it will be a sad, sad day.

baseball used to be about great entertainment for the family, a place to take the kids to...

but hell, thats society, isnt that the way it should be now???

oh its going to suck bad when i have kids......thanks society.

You want laughter, bring in Seinfeld.

I never found him all that funny. :p

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
they are simply there to bring laughter to the stadium.
i thought that was Billy the Marlin's job.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
and they are not cheerleaders, if you add up the salary of every single one of the marlins mermaids during all of the 81 homegames they will get paid no more than $30,000 - $40,000 dollars the whole season.
wow... that's a nice salary for your info...

They still are pointless to even be there...

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't mind them, but I am saying it is pointless to have them. They won't attract more fans, and they cost more money that even though is very little, is still money.

Top Bottom