Howie Kendrick?

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
Going all in for Kendrick would be a Loria move

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
36-year-old Howie Kendrick indicated that he intends to play one more season in the majors, according to The Athletic's Brittany Ghiroli.
Kendrick managed an .800 OPS just once in his first 10 years in the majors, but he's now gotten there three years in a row, including 2019's fantastic .966 mark. After struggling to find work as a free agent two years ago, he'll have his pick of offers this time around.
RotoWorld

Jokersgoon

Muckdog
Reaction score
Kendrick is the epitome of regression to the mean candidate next season.

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
I still think he re-signs with the Nationals. I would offer him more than a 1 year deal with a team option, pushing it for a 2 year deal. Most teams would do the same. He has been incredible in a flex role though.

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
The fact that the Marlins interest has already been reported is great would be awesome for him to play 1B/2B he would definitely get plenty of at-bats. It will come down more to playing for a contender and right now Washington still has the inside track.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
I'd be afraid of overpaying in both years and dollars because of his good postseason but if he is looking for a short term deal then maybe he does fit here better than we first thought. Not sure why he would be looking for less though considering this looks like the perfect time for him to draw more than he ever expected going into 2019. Kendrick should be looking to max out whatever he can get and the Marlins shouldn't be the team to do that.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
I'm hoping they don't waste money on him.
Exactly. The thought of upgrading our lineup with Kendrick sounds nice at first but there's a legit concern that he would be an extreme overpay for a guy who's production would likely be declining. Maybe these are extreme examples but it would be like our signings of John Buck, Heath Slater and Jarrod Saltalamacchia.

hovertical

LumberKing
Reaction score
Exactly. The thought of upgrading our lineup with Kendrick sounds nice at first but there's a legit concern that he would be an extreme overpay for a guy who's production would likely be declining. Maybe these are extreme examples but it would be like our signings of John Buck, Heath Slater and Jarrod Saltalamacchia.
I would however appreciate them signing Castellanos since he's young enough to still be a contributing part of the team down the road as opposed to Kendrick.

Top Bottom