What's new

Huge NBA Trade!

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well guys the Wolves finally did it! They got a supporting cast around K.G.! Now that K.G. has a supporting cast he can win with he's gonna stay! Early this morning the Wolves and Bucks finalized a deal sending Sam Cassell (Guard) and Ervin Johnson (Center) to the Wolves for Joe "Piece of Sh*t" Smith (Forward) and Anthony Peeler.

Peeler is one of the premier shooters in the league today. But getting Cassell for him is unfortunately a no brainer. Joe Smith, about time the Wolves got rid of him! Crap I couldn't stand him! What a worthless piece of crap. Hes even worse that we lost 4 1st rounders cuz of him! Hes finally gone!

So with that trade, assuming our star Center Rasho Nesterovic Re-signs here is our lineup, and its pretty damn scary now!

PG- Troy Hudson
SG- Sam Cassell
SF- Wally Szczerbiak
PF- Kevin Garnett
C- Rasho Nesterovic

I think all 5 of them have All Star Potential. K.G., Cassel, and Wally already have been All Stars. And I think Rasho will be one eventually, and Hudson has the talent and potential to be one.

Not to forget the supporting cast which is more then stellar, we have always had one of the best benches in the league...

F- Gary Trent
F- Marc Jackson
F- Ndudi Ebi

C- Ervin Johnson

(if we keep Brandon)
G- Kendall Gill
G- Terrell Brandon
G- Mike Wilks

(if we trade Brandon)
G- Kendall Gill
G- Mike Wilks
G- Felipe Lopez

Now that is a team thats gonna make it past Rd. 1. With 3, 20 pt. scorers a game in Garnett, Szczerbiak, and Cassell thats a huge boost there. And Troy Hudson and Rasho also being good scorers.

Then our rebounders...

Garnett, Trent, Jackson, Nesterovic, Johnson.

Our Shot Blockers...

Garnett, Nesterovic, Ebi, Jackson, Johnson

Our outside shooters....

Cassell, Szczerbiak, Hudson, Brandon (if we keep him), Wilks

I think the Wolves have 2nd round dreams now in sight!

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
i dont think its as big a deal as you are making it out to be

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
Oh but it is huge. Because the Wolves needed a guard so bad! Especially a guard with Cassells talent.

This also gets better, when the Bucks announced they won't exercise the team option on Peeler come July 1, making him a Free Agent. Meaning don't be surprised to see him wearing Blue and Green next year! The Wolves are loaded. And if this was the Heat, you'd be going apesh*t right now.

I guess you also don't understand how much I hate and how worthless Joe Smith is!

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
Cassell is overrated.

The Wolves would of made it out of the first round this year but again they faded down the stretch and wound up having to deal with the Lakers in the first round.

I guess its a big deal for the puppies to dream about making it out of hte first round finally, i guess that will be a huge celebration.

Personally I prefer winning NBA Championships.

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hey we gotta take it one step at a time!

And man do you call 20ppg overrated? I don't. And hey thats why we traded for Cassell. If we get his 20ppg.

That opens Garnett up to score and rebound more.

Gotta go watch the rest of T NEWs Live and The Terminator story on E!....

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
Cassell is a decent player but I dont like him.

I especially dont like his defense.

He will play the point on offense with Hudson at the off guard I guess.

it will improve the Puppies, maybe get them out of the first round, but it wont win them a title.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
will Cassell be happy as SG instead of PG?

SportsCenter

Muckdog
Reaction score
Cassell i hate u !!!!!!!!!!! Heat were trying to get u , y didnt come down here!

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
Of course Cassell isn't gonna get us a title. We don't want him to. We just need someone to get us out of the first round.

And well Das, I don't expect the Spurs to be a dyanasty, losing DRob is gonna show who some of the jerks on the team are and that'll disrupt team chemistry and that is never good on the court. *cough*Malik Rose, Stephen Jackson*cough* would be the main bad apples. In other places they've played their teammates haven't really liked them.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
Malik Rose is a bad apple?

Thats news.

Stephen Jackson is a changed man. Hardly likey you will see either of those causing trouble.

This team revolves around Tim Duncan and has for a while now.

And Pop would never allow anything like that to ever surface, they would be gone faster than you can snap your fingers.

Your hatred of the Spurs is showing.

Just because the Puppies are our beech shouldnt be a reason to hate.

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
No I don't really hate the Spurs. I may have said I do. But really I don't. Because we have beaten you before. But its the Jazz that I have dested since I was a wee little Bulls fan.

Minus....

KG
Szczerbiak
Hudson
Cassell
Nesterovic

Thats more loaded then the Heat. And if the Wolves weren't loaded already how did they manage to get the 4th best record in the league?

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
No I don't really hate the Spurs. I may have said I do. But really I don't. Because we have beaten you before. But its the Jazz that I have dested since I was a wee little Bulls fan.

Minus....

KG
Szczerbiak
Hudson
Cassell
Nesterovic

Thats more loaded then the Heat. And if the Wolves weren't loaded already how did they manage to get the 4th best record in the league?
Did I mention Heat?no....The Heat are no where near playoff caliber team but maybe in a couple years when talent develops and cap space is clear.Wolves are still middle pack in the west.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
I am still curious to hear how Malik Rose is a bad apple.

I can understand people thinking Jax is because of the street persona...but Malik?????

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
Something he earned in Charlotte. Being a jerk to his teammates. Muggsy Bogues, Admin Johnson, and Glen Rice have all piss and moaned about what an a** he is.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
And that was how many years ago?

Please, Malik Rose is nowhere near a bad apple.

No chance in hell of that happening.

A pipe dream for those looking up to the Spurs organization, knowing that the future is dim for many teams in the West for a number of years to come.

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
Dude your being in denial.

I don't think that half of the NBA hates him for no reason.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Have you done a study testing all the NBA players if they like malik Rose or not?

If so, the results were???

Top Bottom