What's new

I did it, I am a United States Marine

Accord

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm back guys, I just graduted from platoon 2024 2nd Bn E Co. at Parris Island yesterday, I did it, I AM A UNITED STATES MARINE I can't even f***ing believe it. This whole thing has been so surreal, the graduation was amazing and yesterday I marched across the same parade deck that every single Marine from WW1 to the present day marched across. I bought a graduation DVD but I won't receive it for 2-3 weeks, when I receive it i'll burn it on my lap top and post it up here. I'm not going to lie, when I received my Eagle, Globe, and Anchor and Senior Drill Instructor Staff Sergeant Perez shook my hand and said "Congratuations Marine" I was crying like a baby.

Our platoon began recruit training with 90 recruits and we graduated with only 58 original platoon members. The last 3 months of my life have been hell and boot camp was so much worse than I thought it was going to be. I am home now on a well earned 10 days of leave and you guys have no idea how weird this is for me, coming home last night in the airport in my dress blue delta uniform and actually being able to just sit down and relax or cross my legs. The first thing I did was buy a snickers candy bar haha. I don't have a lot of time because I have to organize a ton of sh*t and get my gear ready for the School of Infantry at Camp Geiger which I will be reporting to on 17 April. I have been detached from reality and society for the past 13 weeks, I just found out today that Anna Nicole Smith died and Britney Spears shaved her head. I feel so weird right now, it's really hard adapting back to the real world after going through what I just went through for the past 3 months.

People have been asking me what it's like, but I just don't know what to say or how to describe it, Parris Island is an insane place with chaos 24/7. It is hell on earth and the things I went through I would not wish upon even my worst enemy.

I have so much more to say about the hell i've just gone through that I don't even know where to begin, this was the best thing I have ever done and if I had to do it all over again I would do it in a heart beat. Being a Marine is awesome and the hell I went through was so worth it.

There is a Marlins game tonight and i'm going, so if any of you guys see a US Marine in Dress Blues tonight, that's me and please come up to me and say hi. I'll be there in my Dress Blues with both of my parents in section 156 row 6 and I look forward to meeting you guys.

Semper Fi.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
First of all, congratulations to you.

Second of all, I've been to Parris Island so I know exactly what you mean. Those damn sand fly gnats are some the most annoying things I've been around in all my life. I was there for two hours and I never want to go back there again.

Once again, congratulations and have fun at the game.

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
i'm so sorry i didn't get to send you a letter to you in boot camp, but we did give you some good luck notes after you left with the intent of sending it to you in boot camp.

A Letter for Accord

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
:notworthy

Have fun at the game. You picked a good one to come back to.

I am very curious about the boot camp experience, so if you have time, and you feel like writing more about it, I'd certainly read it.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Congrats!

I love it when they introduce the newest Marines to the civilians during Marlins baseball games.

WE LOVE YA GUYS!

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Congratulations. Maybe one day you'll be one of the marines on the field for
the pregame celebration.

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
WELCOME BACK!!!!

GLAD TO SEE UR BACK BRO!! HAVE FUN DURING THE TIME UR HERE

congrats on everything!

Juanky

Welcome back and enjoy your time at the park

Jimmy missed you

MiRi

Muckdog
Reaction score
Congrats! I'll be at the game tonight. Have fun!

Juanky

In between home plate and the visitor bullpen. It's around the Philly dugout.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
Congratulations! You've done what few can.

Welcome back to civilian life (for a very short time). It's too bad you missed the Gators winning national titles in football and basketball though.

Good luck and thank you!

Top Bottom