What's new

I don't get some of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlins Bandit

Muckdog
Reaction score
I do not get all of your logic. I have been watching this board for a while and I seem to notice you all hate and are down on DLee (except one guy). However you all seem to want to trade for Adam Dunn.

What makes Dunn so much better than Lee?

Lee has played awful this year, yet is still on pace to put up 30HR, 80 RBI, 90 Runs and 35 SB while walking 100 times. Realize that his play can not get any worse, he will only get better and potentially can get 30 HR and 30 RBI while hitting .275, 100 Runs and 90-100 RBI in a terrible hitters park...THIS YEAR STILL! Not to mention he plays Gold Glove defense which goes widly underrated and rarely mentioned.

Yes, Adam Dunn is leading the league in HRs but so what! He plays in "Coors East" and still has several huge flaws in his swing since he is batting a robust .214! His HR total would take a huge hit at the Pro and he does not come with near the defense DLee plays.

Also look at these comparisons:

OBP OPS RISP
.358 .804 .232 (DLee)
.325 .874 .191 (Dunn)

Also, you complain about DLee striking out? He is only on pace for around 130 while I believe Dunn is on pace for a whopping 195.

Now, I am not saying DLee is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but he has nowhere to go but up and he is still only 27-years-old. The grass isn't always greener on the other side! :mischief2

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Dunn is only 23..... has alot more 'potential'

we have been waiting forever for DLee to breakout and HE DOESNT

on paper, his stats are pretty damn good.... when you look at other stats, you realize that he only does well when the game is out of reach, or the season is out of reach

I thought this was his year, so far, he has made me(and others), look like a dumbass

Marlins Bandit

Muckdog
Reaction score
Dunn is only 23..... has alot more 'potential'

we have been waiting forever for DLee to breakout and HE DOESNT

on paper, his stats are pretty damn good.... when you look at other stats, you realize that he only does well when the game is out of reach, or the season is out of reach

I thought this was his year, so far, he has made me(and others), look like a dumbass
He does have more potential now, but at one time DLee had more potential then he has now. Potential is just that, potential. Dunn has so many holes and flaws in his swing that who knows how close he will ever come to fufilling it. I think you are too hard on Lee.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
that's your opinion and I respect that....

but DLee never produces when we need it.....

it breaks my heart

i wish he wouldnt be in the top 6 in the lineup either....too much pressure

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
D. Lee

has shown marginal improvement in his 5 years as a Marlin.

How much longer do you simply keep waiting around for someone to 'develop'

While Joe Robbie is not a home run park...I dont buy that its not a hitters park....

The outfield is vast....gap hitters would thrive there...driving in runs in bunches and racking up doubles.

Homeruns are not the only thing you look for offensively.

Marlins Bandit

Muckdog
Reaction score
I understand all of this but I am just saying he is still an above average major leaguer. He has decent numbers, with great defense and still has room for improvement. Yet all of you just contiunally rag on him and praise other players, such as Dunn, who are not deserving of squat!

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
at 22 Dunn had 128bb 26hr 71rbi and a .249avg

i maybe wrong, but i think only about 12 or so other players have ever had year like that when they were 22

DLee doesnt deserve as much crap as we give him? maybe.... but he is a stats player- meaning he plays well when there is NO pressure.... he stinks "under fire"

and while DLee may not deserve this ridicule, it may just be my dislike for him and wishing we had a different 1st baseman....

Marlins Bandit

Muckdog
Reaction score
at 22 Dunn had 128bb 26hr 71rbi and a .249avg

i maybe wrong, but i think only about 12 or so other players have ever had year like that when they were 22
Listen, I like Adam Dunn, but I am just making a point here.

While Dunn's stats were good last year, almost all of the production came in the first half of the year.

He hit .190 post all-star break with 9 HR and 17 RBI (which is awful). He also struck out 78 times and 170 overall.

In August he hit .160 and had 6 RBI with 29 Ks.

To finish the year, in September he had 3 RBI and 1 HR with 29 K and a .179 BA.

Maybe he is in a prolonged slump and will never find his way out. Remember Rick Ankiel before the playoffs his rookie year? He was dominant! Then something went wrong and he has never found he old form since.

While I do not think this will happen to Dunn, or will it be as drastic and dramatic I am just trying to make a point. If Boone was not concerned then he would not try to give Dunn all different looks to shake things up (like hitting leadoff :whistle ). Only time will tell, I hope he does well but who knows.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
agreed.

is he the next big thing or the next Rob Deer?

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I do not get all of your logic. I have been watching this board for a while and I seem to notice you all hate and are down on DLee (except one guy).
Who could that one D-Lee supporter be? * Cough Cough *

Like I've said, he'll heat up soon.

snowstorm

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think the problem with Dunn is the fact that Bob Boone is manager. Boone is useless and I cringe anytime he coaches or gives advice to anyone. :angry He has already ticked off Dunn with his stupid managerial moves and unjustified benchings. How Boone still has a job is beyond me. :angry

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
He has already ticked off Dunn with his stupid managerial moves and unjustified benchings. How Boone still has a job is beyond me. :angry
Such as...Let's say...Making Dunn the lead-off hitter today?

Man, I would make Griffey the lead-off hitter before I put Dunn there... ;) :p

snowstorm

Muckdog
Reaction score
Such as...Let's say...Making Dunn the lead-off hitter today?

Man, I would make Griffey the lead-off hitter before I put Dunn there... ;) :p
That move was pretty mild in comparison to some of the other moves he's made. He also took Griffey out of today's game in the 4th inning!! Talk about disrespecting your opponent. Boone is in no position to disrespect a good Marlins team after you guys beat us 4 out of 6 times. (By the way, good job by the Marlins-- I am very impressed with your ballclub.) In a game last year against St. Louis, he pulled Larkin out of the lineup in the 3rd or 4th inning when the Reds were leading 8-0. The Reds ended up losing that game 10-8, and it really set the tone for the rest of the year. Boone simply does not learn from past mistakes. :banghead

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Boone simply does not learn from past mistakes. :banghead
That's how Torborg was...

Too bad we already stole McKeon away! lol... I originally thought that they took Kearns out when they said Guillen was in RF, because he hit his knee on that foul ball. But then I saw him in CF and was like, 'Why they take out Griffey?'

snowstorm

Muckdog
Reaction score
I really think your club is only a couple players away from competing for the NL East title. I really like the look of your pitching staff. Contrary to what some baseball people say, I think the Marlins can draw a large number of fans, but people need a reason to come to the ballpark, and trading away guys like Castillo and Lowell aren't going to bring people back. I remember watching the World Series in '97 on TV and there were 67,000 people there. So this club has shown that it can draw a large fan base. :)

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I really think your club is only a couple players away from competing for the NL East title. I really like the look of your pitching staff. Contrary to what some baseball people say, I think the Marlins can draw a large number of fans, but people need a reason to come to the ballpark, and trading away guys like Castillo and Lowell aren't going to bring people back. I remember watching the World Series in '97 on TV and there were 67,000 people there. So this club has shown that it can draw a large fan base. :)
OoOoOo this team acually has a very large fan base. BUT, none of them go to games.

A: The stadium is too far away.

B: The team is losing (not right now).

The S. Florida Marlins fans always seem to find there way to the Sports section of the newspaper and glance at how the team is doing. If they are winning, then these fans that just take a glance in the paper may also take a ride to the stadium.

We have a very large fan base, just not many 'real' or 'loyal' fans.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
What makes Dunn so much better than Lee?
Well lets see, Dunn has way more homers than Lee and RBI's. Dunn hits better than lee when it comes to Clutch. Dunn has a better arm. There are alot of things than Dunn is good at and D.Lee isnt. Oh and also Dunn is younger and has more potential to be better than Lee(which he already is)The main reason we dont like Lee is because he sucks with RISP. You just cant compare Dunn with Lee.....

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Dunn has a better arm.
Acually, that one is untrue...

1truefan

Muckdog
Reaction score
A: The stadium is too far away.
I really don't think that's the main issue...
Let's see rampy made it from far.......so do i....and guess what...we are on TWO extremes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom