What's new

I Hope Gonzo has his Prozac handy

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
According to Gammons
"The Marlins have made it clear to moody SS Alex Gonzalez that if he dogs it, he's going back to the minors. Ask the players and a lot of them would much prefer Andy Fox in there at short every day?By the way, Aramis Ramirez doesn't look good, he looks great and headed for a big season."

Gammons Link

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
i dont think Alex has any options left..... i dont trust Gammons so we shall see.....

i like how the whole 1st half of the article consists of BOSOX news.......

marlin2266

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't recall Alex G bouncing up and down from AAA (like Castro for example). He may well have several options left.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
If he has a bad season this year i would leave him another season so he can rebound from surgery. We cant give up on him...torborg likes this guy alot so that article doesnt make sense to me...

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
If he puts up bad number and is terrible again.. I'd release him.. since 1999 he hasn't done anything that's worth keeping him.. btw why did I say release instead of trade him? Cause I doubt anyone is stupid enough to trade for Alex Gonzalez.

G

Gonzo isn't great but I've never been a big fan of Andy Fox.

Tejeda in 2004! :p

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
If we get Tejada we're contenders.. period.. wrong.....

if we get Tejada, we are frontrunners :p

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Gonzo isn't great but I've never been a big fan of Andy Fox.

If we get Tejeda we will really be big. With all the power we would have...

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
if we get Tejada, we are frontrunners :p
:mischief2

If we could afford Pudge, Vlad, and Tejada.. we'd be feared in the NL :mischief

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
How are we going to get Tejada? I dont see 180 mil lying around.

Gonzalez is terrible

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score

Gonzalez is terrible
remember though....

'special money can be found for special players'

thats all i will say

CyggyMarlin

Here For The Plan
Reaction score
Also remember attendance is already up as far as ticket sales..If the Fish hang in there in the NL East this year and win and ppl show up, there will be more money

G

Welcome to the boards, JetsMania.

'special money can be found for special players'

Yep!

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
Uhhh, we're not talking about a few extra million though people. Tejada's probably going to want well over 10 million per year. Also he's been asking Oakland for a long term deal around 8 years. Loria does not appear to want to give out long-term contracts, period. And if you're talking about Vlad, he'll be even more expensive. I don't care if he does know Loria, the Mets or LA could offer him significantly more money to play elsewhere. Guerrero's arguably the most talented offensive player in the game. He's not going to sign cheap.

If Alex slips, call up Kevin Hooper! :)

cgator

Muckdog
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the board Jetsmania. Nice to see you visit from the ESPN boards.

And I do believe that it would be a lot more than just "special funds" that would be needed to get Tejada.

HC is right, the Fish are not looking for long term commitments. I'd love to have Tejada here, but I think he is going to be out of our league (price wise.)

I'm pretty sure Alex has options left, so if he continues to stumble, swap him with Hooper on the roster. Give the kid a shot.

later...........

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
i could see Loria giving Vlad a long term deal, but maybe he would take a little less to play closer to home....

everyone(experts :rolleyes: ) say he doesnt want to play in a big city like NYC or LA.... he fit in great here

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
If he puts up bad number and is terrible again.. I'd release him.. since 1999 he hasn't done anything that's worth keeping him.. btw why did I say release instead of trade him? Cause I doubt anyone is stupid enough to trade for Alex Gonzalez.
I think theres is teams that would trade for Alex like Tampa they traded for Ordonez whos even worse than Alex.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think theres is teams that would trade for Alex like Tampa they traded for Ordonez whos even worse than Alex. thats debatable

;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom