What's new

I need help from another musician here

TimeWrecker

Muckdog
Reaction score
If you record from home, what program do you use?

any info will help, thanks

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
I've dabbled in Cool Edit Pro, but from what I've heard, ProTools is the way to go.

marlinsfan75

Muckdog
Reaction score
I use Sonar 5. I know they have 6 out and 7 is probably on the way. I used Home Studio for years before upgrading. What instrument do you play?

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
I've been using n-Track Studio for years, and it's always done anything I needed it to do (which wasn't much). Never tried anything else, though.

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
What does a standard version of Pro Tools cost? There are so many versions out there, I can't figure this out.

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
What does a standard version of Pro Tools cost? There are so many versions out there, I can't figure this out.

Bit.
Torrent.

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't do that with software. I'm not buying it anyway, I'm just curious.

TimeWrecker

Muckdog
Reaction score
i had no clue that you guys all recorded, do you write your own stuff?

JonDigital

Muckdog
Reaction score
I used to produce nuskool breaks in college along with some trip hop and all I ever used for production purposes was Acid and used Steinberg Wavelab or Sony Soundforge for recording. I especially liked Wavelab b/c I could load all my VST plugins for mastering the final audio. Very user friendly as well.

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score

I've only recorded a couple of things (covers) but I've been thinking about starting to write my own music, I just don't really know how to go about it.

TimeWrecker

Muckdog
Reaction score
i couldnt find a protools for demo or BT dl, so im trying the sonyt program, sony is usually great...

thanks jawn!

I've only recorded a couple of things (covers) but I've been thinking about starting to write my own music, I just don't really know how to go about it.

what kind of music are you into? what did you cover/what would you write

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
what kind of music are you into? what did you cover/what would you write

I'm into all kinds of music, which is sort of the problem. Working by myself, I can't decide what I'd want to write. I love garage rock/pop punk ala The Strokes or Exploding Hearts, and I would love to play that kind of music in a band, but it's hard to write songs like that unless you have a band.

The songs I recorded were Wilco's "Airline to Heaven", "Why Would You Wanna Live" and the Beatles "Norwegian Wood". Just acoustic, which I guess would be what I'd want to write, but I feel like something uptempo would be more fun to play.

I need to find people to start a band.

TimeWrecker

Muckdog
Reaction score
you dont need guys to write the music with, you can get on that any tim you want. Just gotta find something to write about. Ive been going at it for over a year now, it comes easy with a few ideas, i could show you a few tracks if you want.

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
ive always recorded with Cool Edit Pro 2, learned some tricks and when i did music i would mix my tracks and master it with that.

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah, I've written and recorded like 30 songs or so. I wish I had more time to like program drum loops and stuff, but that gets really tedious...so it's just guitar on top of guitar on top of guitar.

TimeWrecker

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah, I've written and recorded like 30 songs or so. I wish I had more time to like program drum loops and stuff, but that gets really tedious...so it's just guitar on top of guitar on top of guitar.

Im in the exact same place.

Just finished my 30th complete song... And the guitar prob too.. so right now im doing acoustics.. id like to hear omse of what youve got.

h and cool edit pro... good idea, i actually have it, just only used it for the splitter and chorus effects after recording with something else... i guess i could use it, but i really like something where its as easy to cut and paste as it is with mixcraft.

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score
I use Digital Performer 3. They just released Version 5.

Top Bottom