What's new

Ichiro to move FO

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score
Now he was gone both 40-man and 25-man roster at Mariners. As a player, I think Ichiro's MLB era was done, at least.

But he will try to extend his career in Japan next year.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
If he is done, hats off to an amazing career.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
While it's a nice PR move (and still not a bad baseball move) I'm surprised people are overlooking the fact that this was done because he now sucks and is a cover up to him being DFA'd. The Mariners coaching staff and front office likely all got together and said "We gotta cut this guy, how can we do this in a way that won't encite riots?"

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
While it's a nice PR move (and still not a bad baseball move) I'm surprised people are overlooking the fact that this was done because he now sucks and is a cover up to him being DFA'd. The Mariners coaching staff and front office likely all got together and said "We gotta cut this guy, how can we do this in a way that won't encite riots?"
Completely accurate, but at the same time I'm sure he's still working on his baseball abilities. One thing he could do is stand in during his pitching teammate's side sessions and give them a live batter, then they improve [you would imagine, perhaps], Ichiro's batting eye stays sharp, and who knows, maybe he comes back later in the year.

Top Bottom