What's new

If this team gets dismantled...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
...what will this team look like exactly next year? I mean, line-up, rotation everything. I am thinking that IF Lowell goes it's inevitable he goes to the Cubs, because of the amount of amazing pitching prospects they posses. IF he goes, I was thinking along the lines of...

Rotation:

1) Penny (Will be above average, but not great.)
2) Beckett ( Is great and will turn into an ace.)
3) Redman ( Has been awesome and will continue to be great.)
4) Willis ( Has the stuff to have an ace like sophmore season.)
5) Cruz ( Has the stuff to be our Burnett replacment.)

Line-up:

C: Castro ( Will be awesome as a starter, I can feel it.)
1B: Gonzalez ( hope he does a lot better soon)
2B: Hooper ( Will be a better than Eckstein. Check the Spring Training stats for him. I have a good feeling...)
SS: Gonzalez ( Will become the best SS in the NL.)
3B: Cabrera ( Will win NL rookie of the year.)
LF: Stratton (He may be a big liability, will develop patience at the plate when he gets up here, and has a LOTS of power.)
CF: Pierre ( Great lead-off guy, will still be awesome.)
RF: Encarnacion (Will be our Mini Guerero.)

Any thoughts?

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sounds pretty good, except the order of the rotation and the lineup needs to be switched a little. ....i hope Stratton is on the team...amazing stats a t AAA

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yea, I was thinking about LF and thought Stratton. He sounds like the next Adam Dunn to me...

And I would order the rotation:

1) Redman
2) Beckett
3) Willis
4) Penny
5) Cruz

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
that team would lose close to 100 games if not more.

LiLLaz#8

I hope we ain't lose lowell or castillo or none of our good players. :dont

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
As true as that may be, it would do the same thing as tha Indians. Develop for a season or two together, and eventually become good.

But the tandom of Beckett, Willis, and Cruz could very well become very, very feared.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I hope we ain't lose lowell or castillo or none of our good players. :dont
Well, I think we will definately lose Castillo and Lee. And I am warming up to the idea of losing Lowell for a great package of great young pitchers, because of how Cabrera is doing.

So...

eadearmas

Muckdog
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more... Just reading other people's posts about rebuilding again makes me sick... :banghead And why would anyone fear a tandem of Beckett, Willis and Cruz, three starters who have not pitched an entire season? Beats me...

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
there is no guarantee that a team develops into a winner.

that didnt happen with the first version of the rebuilding marlins.

no guarantees it happens in round dos.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
And why would anyone fear a tandem of Beckett, Willis and Cruz, three starters who have not pitched an entire season? Beats me...
For one, apparentley you didn't see me emphisize the word become. They are extreamely talented pitchers, and have shown they have the stuff to eventually become an amazing tandom of hard throwers.

eadearmas

Muckdog
Reaction score
And why would anyone fear a tandem of Beckett, Willis and Cruz, three starters who have not pitched an entire season? Beats me...
For one, apparentley you didn't see me emphisize the word become. They are extreamely talented pitchers, and have shown they have the stuff to eventually become an amazing tandom of hard throwers. Ok, sorry I didn't see the emphasis on become. But still we can never be too sure how 3 young pitchers are going to develop. I remember a couple of years back when people were comparing our pitching rotation to the one the Braves had. The only one who got there was AJ and now he is injured; both Penny and Beckett have shown moments of brilliance and high potential, but you can never be sure when everything comes together.

I strongly believe that trading Lowell (if true) would be the most disatrous thing ever for this team, no matter how many damn pitching prospects the Cubs would be willing to part with. :banghead

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I strongly believe that trading Lowell (if true) would be the most disatrous thing ever for this team, no matter how many damn pitching prospects the Cubs would be willing to part with. :banghead
I think that you may be over-exemplafying when you say it would be disastrous. It could end up being the trade of the decade if those pitchers turn out like they are supposed to, and Cabrera does.

And Josh has already shown when healthy, he is amazing. I think the tandom of him, Willis and Cruz could eventually DOMINATE as do the A's three. Just a matter of time...

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
I think that you may be over-exemplafying when you say it would be disastrous. It could end up being the trade of the decade if those pitchers turn out like they are supposed to, and Cabrera does.

And Josh has already shown when healthy, he is amazing. I think the tandom of him, Willis and Cruz could eventually DOMINATE as do the A's three. Just a matter of time... same song....

second verse

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
second verse
No, this is a new tune.

Those three pitchers, plus Redman and Penny, and you have a powerfull rotation. Willis is much better than Penny was supposed to be, and Cruz is more highly touted than Burnett originally was.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
I read a report the other day don't remember which that said Stratton has the most homeruns of any minor leaguer up to this point (20). His average is up around .275 and of course he has like 50 RBI's. Don't know if those numbers would translate into MLB numbers, but we know the kid has awesome power from his srping training... .285 with 3HR's in 35 AB's

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
to many Rookies there Wildcard. We will never get into contention with that. We will have a season like we did in 98 and 99.....

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
to many Rookies there Wildcard. We will never get into contention with that. We will have a season like we did in 98 and 99.....
I know how many rookies there are. But imagine the payroll savings over the years to come. Eventually those saving could translate into long-term contracts for the players that end up succeeding.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
The PCL is known for offense.

Young pitchers devloping into stars....

Heard that story before...havent seen it occur yet....the only ones left are Beckett, Penny and Burnett.

Burnett just had major arm surgery, Penny has not devloped into a star, Beckett has been injury plagued.

Next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom