What's new

immigration protests

marlins02

Im surprised no one posted on this since i remember a heated topic on this subject a few months back. today immigrants all over the country marched for immigration reform and had a little riot in LA where the cops were beating them down along with reporters

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
Most reports were saying that the protests were far smaller than last year.

I didn't have a problem with them protesting (even though I disagree with such lax immigration ideas), until they started waving around the Mexican flag. If you want to be U.S. citizens, STOP WAVING ANOTHER COUNTRY'S FLAG IF YOU WANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree that they shouldn't be waving the Mexican flag.

Beinfest4Prez

Muckdog
Reaction score
My favorite was the fact they were "demanding more rights for illegal immigrants..."

Since when does someone who entered the country illegally have any expectation of having their rights expanded?

Logic is a wonderful tool.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score

Yep I agree as well. Waive it the rest of the year if you want, just dont waive it when you want American rights...

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sure give illegal immigrants more rights. The right to be deported out of the country and have an electrified fence along the border.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
I dont know if anyone saw this report but it was interesting. It was about vigilanties trying to protect our borders. Well appearntly the KKK has decided to protect our borders and their numbers are growning. The wizard said they are growing at a rate of 12 memeber a day. Do we want groups like this (that just spew hate) protecting our borders?

DaGreatOne

Muckdog
Reaction score
Some of you guys act like illegal immigrats are evil people here to takeover the US. There just regular people looking for a better life for themselves and their families just like the Irish, Italians, and many more immigrant families that came over at the turn of the century.

Now do we need to secure the borders? Damn right we do and we cant let anyone who wants to come in just come in but we should show a little compassion, there still part of the human race. I believe before we start persecuting illegal immigrants here at home we need to secure the border because rounding them up and sending back home isnt going to accomplish anything, they will find another way to get back. Plus does everyone really believe we can find over the 12 million illegal immigrants already here.

Anyways we need to first secure the border and then figure out what to do with the illegal immigrants here already.

Baldeagle037

Muckdog
Reaction score
There already exists Americans now that are protecting the border besides the border patrol called The Minute Men but they are no way affiliated with the triple K. I do not support a blanket amnesty for the illegal immigrants.

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score

Yep I agree as well. Waive it the rest of the year if you want, just dont waive it when you want American rights...

Exactly! I think it sends a mixed message: we want American rights but yet we want to flaunt our differences and stay loyal to Mexico! WTF.

I wholeheartedly support amnesty for illegal immigrants that have worked hard, paid their taxes, stayed out of trouble, and are willing to learn English and the ways of America. Anyone that lives off the system or commits a felony should be deported. Incidentally, that is currently the law for lawful permanent residents. (I know at least one of you will say that they committed a felony already for being here. As a matter of law, being here illegally is a civil infraction, not a criminal one. You can't go to jail for that.)

Beinfest4Prez

Muckdog
Reaction score
My problem with illegal immigrants is my great-grandparents were forced to learn English and American ways or else they were not going to survive. Oh, they came in the legal way, in a time when it was near a miracle for a Jew from a poor background with little to no family in America to make it in.

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
My problem with illegal immigrants is my great-grandparents were forced to learn English and American ways or else they were not going to survive. Oh, they came in the legal way, in a time when it was near a miracle for a Jew from a poor background with little to no family in America to make it in.

And your point is? Are you saying that immigrants now don't learn to speak English? Studies say you're wrong. And I say you're wrong because I am an immigrant and I learned English just fine (in fact, I am an attorney at a prominent firm).

There were basically no immigration restrictions to this country when your great-grandparents came here. The first set of real restrictions came in the late 1920s with the national origins quota system, but those in fact only restricted people with backgrounds we disliked (Italians, Polish, etc). Hence, there were no "illegal aliens" back then.

Baldeagle037

Muckdog
Reaction score

Exactly! I think it sends a mixed message: we want American rights but yet we want to flaunt our differences and stay loyal to Mexico! WTF.

I wholeheartedly support amnesty for illegal immigrants that have worked hard, paid their taxes, stayed out of trouble, and are willing to learn English and the ways of America. Anyone that lives off the system or commits a felony should be deported. Incidentally, that is currently the law for lawful permanent residents. (I know at least one of you will say that they committed a felony already for being here. As a matter of law, being here illegally is a civil infraction, not a criminal one. You can't go to jail for that.)

I am not being sarcastic here but I always wanted to know how does an illegal immigrant pay taxes? Do they own homes? Did they get a home loan illegally without showing their two years of taxes paid? How do they get a social security card? Quite often I see them at a Western Union doing wire transfers of their cash money (how are taxes deducted when your employer pays you cash) only to be sent to another country to support their families. (nothing wrong just an observation that they don't spend more of it here to support the local economy) I work as in house investigator for an insurance company where unfortunately we insure these illegals. Don't be mad at me it's my company however we are not the only insurance carrier insuring illegals. Quite often when a claim is presented and they are involved in a loss its usually a hit and run. When they do stop and comply with the law enforcement officer and do not have documents they will be arrested and yes even deported. They actually have more driving rights where they can use an expired international drivers license and it is ok for them to get auto insurance and drive in the State of Florida!! I don't see them at a DMV paying fees and taxes for a drivers license. Please enlighten me if I am wrong because I always here that they pay taxes but I want to know how..

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score

I am not being sarcastic here but I always wanted to know how does an illegal immigrant pay taxes? Do they own homes? Did they get a home loan illegally without showing their two years of taxes paid? How do they get a social security card? Quite often I see them at a Western Union doing wire transfers of their cash money (how are taxes deducted when your employer pays you cash) only to be sent to another country to support their families. (nothing wrong just an observation that they don't spend more of it here to support the local economy) I work as in house investigator for an insurance company where unfortunately we insure these illegals. Don't be mad at me it's my company however we are not the only insurance carrier insuring illegals. Quite often when a claim is presented and they are involved in a loss its usually a hit and run. When they do stop and comply with the law enforcement officer and do not have documents they will be arrested and yes even deported. They actually have more driving rights where they can use an expired international drivers license and it is ok for them to get auto insurance and drive in the State of Florida!! I don't see them at a DMV paying fees and taxes for a drivers license. Please enlighten me if I am wrong because I always here that they pay taxes but I want to know how..

Many of these illegal aliens actually have work permits. They are technically here legally but don't have permanent status. When they have work permits they get social security numbers and pay taxes like everyone else.

Also, for those that don't have work permits, they tend to use fake papers, including social security #s. Taxes are withheld, social security taxes are withheld, but they are not getting any credit for them and cannot reap any of the benefits. So they are essentially paying into the system.

In addition, a growing number of illegal aliens (the ones without a work permit) actually have Tax Payer ID #'s, which allows them to pay taxes.

So, in sum, many of them pay taxes. The ones that don't are the ones that are getting paid cash.

Furthermore, if you legalize them then all of them will pay taxes.

EricWiener

Muckdog
Reaction score
Persons with work permits are not illegal aliens.

I think coming to this country legally should be pretty easy for anyone with no criminal background and a job lined up. I think anyone that comes illegally after reforms are made should be deported immediately upon any illegal conduct that results in contact with the law. Nobody has to be 'rounded up'

Also, alien smugglers should get mandaroy life sentences in Federal pound-you-in-the-ass-prison.

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
People with work permits are here without status. They are deportable at any time. Basically illegal.

HelmsE

Muckdog
Reaction score

I think coming to this country legally should be pretty easy for anyone with no criminal background and a job lined up. I think anyone that comes illegally after reforms are made should be deported immediately upon any illegal conduct that results in contact with the law. Nobody has to be 'rounded up'

Also, alien smugglers should get mandaroy life sentences in Federal pound-you-in-the-ass-prison.

Although it should be easy for anyone who meets these conditions to enter the country legally, it is difficult to both find work while living abroad and many times difficult to get the appropriate documents stating this.

Also, out of pure curiosity, do you really think that "alien smugglers" should get mandatory life sentences?

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree with what a lot of people are saying here. I have no problem keeping the people that have been here for a while, in fact it would cost too much money to find everyone and our economy would suffer. However, I would like them to try and find any illegal with a criminal record and deport them.

Now, they should tighten secuirty on the borders, which they are doing. I was reading that attempts to cross the border are way down because they are throwing people in jail.

Lastly, the illegal immigrants should try and not waive other countries flags during protests. If just for the reason that you will get more people, who are watching, to be on your side if you dont waive flags of other countries. I mean if I see a rally and its half American Flags and half other country flags, why am I going to support them?

BullDurham

Muckdog
Reaction score

No, they're in the US with an H-2B visa, which is issued to unskilled workers. Those issued an H-2B are forbidden from applying for a Green Card and can be deported upon completion of work (such as the growing/harvesting season or landscaping season). If you want to make a true distinction, what's the difference between a Mexican unskilled laborer and a Cuban unskilled laborer? One has political protection of the Republican Party merely by having a foot on US soil and can instantly get a Green Card, the other can be thrown around like trash and given the run-around for a Green Card. That is why I can't stand Wet Foot/Dry Foot: it's probably the #1 draw of illegal immigrants period and is racist to boot (lighter-skinned Cubans vs. darker-skinned Haitians and Mexicans).

Top Bottom