What's new

in Italy...

jonnylons

Muckdog
Reaction score
Buon giorno (o sera...) da Italia!

Just wanted to check on my Fish while I have the chance. Been doing archaeology over here, hard work. Representin' wit' my Marlins hat.

See that we are just under .500. I felt if we could get back to or over .500 we have a shot to climb into playoffs. I also see the Lowell trade talk has been turned up, and that is unfortunate. We need to keep him and commit to him. If we do trade him, we better get some serious talent in return (Zambrano would be a start for me...). Anyway, can you guys keep me updated from time to time? Talk to you all later... :blink: :cool

jonnylons

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nah, I am still in Italy, and just trying to check on my Marlins. I am so glad to hear good news for our team, I cant believe Willis and Cabrera are both up and dare I say - carrying this team! And Lowell is putting up scary numbers, I wonder what those pro-Rolen peeps are saying now... :w00t :thumbup

Anyway, are the fans starting to come out more? Is there a buzz around the Marlins now? Or is it still the same negative media climate? I hope these sports-writers (Le Retard, Bernardino, etc) like their crow...

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nah, I am still in Italy, and just trying to check on my Marlins. I am so glad to hear good news for our team, I cant believe Willis and Cabrera are both up and dare I say - carrying this team! And Lowell is putting up scary numbers, I wonder what those pro-Rolen peeps are saying now... :w00t :thumbup

Anyway, are the fans starting to come out more? Is there a buzz around the Marlins now? Or is it still the same negative media climate? I hope these sports-writers (Le Retard, Bernardino, etc) like their crow...
I'll give ya an update...

• Still negative media (as usual).
  • More annoying Mike Lowell rumors (as usual).
  • Tons of Cubs fans annoying Marlin fans (They think Mike Lowell is god).
  • Marlins making a run (Currently at .500 [40-40]).
  • Le Retard and Bernardino are eatting crow burgers.
  • Rumors are that the FO is making a renewed push to get Mike Lowell signed to a long-term contract (Jayson Stark)

Hope you come back soon! :mischief

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nah, I am still in Italy, and just trying to check on my Marlins.? I am so glad to hear good news for our team, I cant believe Willis and Cabrera are both up and dare I say - carrying this team!? And Lowell is putting up scary numbers, I wonder what those pro-Rolen peeps are saying now... :w00t ? :thumbup

Anyway, are the fans starting to come out more?? Is there a buzz around the Marlins now?? Or is it still the same negative media climate?? I hope these sports-writers (Le Retard, Bernardino, etc) like their crow...
I'll give ya an update...

• Still negative media (as usual).

• More annoying Mike Lowell rumors (as usual).

• Tons of Cubs fans annoying Marlin fans (They think Mike Lowell is god).

• Marlins making a run (Currently at .500 [40-40]).

• Le Retard and Bernardino are eatting crow burgers.

• Rumors are that the FO is making a renewed push to get Mike Lowell signed to a long-term contract (Jayson Stark)

Hope you come back soon! :mischief The Fish play the Cubs six times before the trading deadline and they can't get him, because the ownership has indicated that he will be a cornerstone of our team for years to come.

jonnylons

Muckdog
Reaction score
Stark also doubts that the FO will re-sign Lowell. He didnt really give any reasons why, which is so typical of the media coverage of the Marlins - all doom and gloom, but usually full of emptiness. The FO has done a fantastic job in my mind to this point. That Clement/AA deal to the Cubs seems to be evening out very quickly! And how many of us hated that deal at the time? I know I took flack for even trying to rationalize it.

But I hope you all are right about Lowell. We should lock him up and demonstrate to the world that this organization is committed to winning. We also need to keep AJ.

I hope we can continue to make the run for WC. That game against the Red Sux was terrible, but we were due for a bad game I am sure. The pitching has been phenomenal to this point.

Top Bottom