What's new

Injury Updates and interesting Willis/Fredi quotes

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
Miguel Cabrera-3B- Marlins Apr. 22 - 10:08 am et

Miguel Cabrera (oblique), who did not start for the second game in a row Saturday, took batting practice in the cage before the game and felt fine.

Cabrera said he hopes to return Sunday. He said he hurt the right side of his torso when he swung at a pitch and missed in the first inning of Wednesday's game against the Mets.
Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Mike Jacobs-1B- Marlins Apr. 22 - 10:00 am et

X-rays on Mike Jacobs bruised right thumb were negative, but he was unable to play Saturday and probably won't be in the lineup Sunday, either.

He did not take batting practice and was uncertain when he could get back in the lineup. Jacobs said the ball hit his thumb so hard that he immediately looked "to see if my hand was still attached to my arm."
Source: Miami Herald

Dontrelle Willis-S- Marlins Apr. 22 - 9:59 am et

With the Marlins dealing with several injuries, Dontrelle Willis was told by manager Fredi Gonzalez that there was a chance he'd be needed to play the field.

"He was ready," said Gonzalez. "You know him. He's probably hoping somebody breaks a leg. He's probably going, 'Somebody pull a [hamstring]. I want to go in.' " Willis is a career .219 hitter with six home runs.
Source: Miami Herald

:blink:

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
That would be very interesting to see. I think he could do it playing CF or even a 1B easily enough. So athletic. I just would be very worried about injuries.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah, and then Willis could risk injury and our starting rotation would be in even better shape.

poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score
hahahaha, jeez. this team's really messed up.

ps. you know they're never going to actually put dontrelle in position. probably just said that to stir things up.

BIG Z

Muckdog
Reaction score
LoL damn, D-Train is such an athlete. I'm guessing he's following the Babe's footsteps :p

Reaction score
hopefully this is all talk, because with all these injuries to our pitching the last thing we need is willis to hurt himself playing at first base.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
D-Train is the missing CF we've been searching for.

LetsGoFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
D-Train is the missing CF we've been searching for.

At least we know he has the arm :lol

Cabrerafan

Muckdog
Reaction score
For those who saw the game today... was Cabs grimacing at all after his swings? Even with the monster HR, that injury still worries me a bit.

sgleason02

Muckdog
Reaction score
I, too, doubt he sees time in the field. I could see him being used as a late-inning pinch hitter, though, due to the injuries shortening our bench.

Big_Rob

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'd guess he was joking, but I did expect him to get an at bat during that extra innings game.

Top Bottom