What's new

Is a Petition Possible

biglumber24

Muckdog
Reaction score
I wonder if Marlins fans petitioned to keep Cabrera and or Willis if enough pressured was applied Selig would have to force his hand and make sure they stay...Maybe its time we tell Selig enough is enough! Any thoughts?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
you'll be wasting your time

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
:ban Seriously, would y'all take a chill pill on the Miggy/DW trade worries? The Marlins aren't dealing them now unless they get back a complete farm system and a new ballpark.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Petitions are useless. If you want to be heard, you need to start a protest and or
riot.

Blackmail works too.

BroncoBob27

Muckdog
Reaction score
Petitions are useless. If you want to be heard, you need to start a protest and or
riot.

Blackmail works too.

Or something even more daring. Like actually go to the games and show the rest of MLB that we really do care about baseball being played here.

I know that is kind of a far fetched idea. But I had to throw it in there.

IrishHarrington

Muckdog
Reaction score
If you want the Marlins you must keep Miggy , I love Dontrelle he is a very good pitcher but I am starting to think if someone is willing to overpay for him we should consider moving him if we fall out of contention

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Marlins know how the fans feel about keeping Cabrera and Dontrelle. It wouldn't be unreasonable to let go of Dontrelle for the right price at some point, but it'd be blasphemy if the Marlins let Cabrera.

I'd have a hard time continuing to support the Marlins if they don't keep Cabrera.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
riot.

Blackmail works too.

Or something even more daring. Like actually go to the games and show the rest of MLB that we really do care about baseball being played here.

That's a BRILLIANT idea! Why didn't 35,000 of us think of it before?

Stag5

Muckdog
Reaction score
riot.

Blackmail works too.

Tried that in 1997 and we averaged 29k per game...."everyone" was traded.....sorry, showing up does not work when it coms to keeping players here.

miamibaseball

Muckdog
Reaction score
we like flea market of mlb we have one every other year ontill we have ballpark built and be in new park for few year

riot.

Blackmail works too.

Tried that in 1997 and we averaged 29k per game...."everyone" was traded.....sorry, showing up does not work when it coms to keeping players here.

Kind of a different situation with Wayne being a peckerhead and everything.

BroncoBob27

Muckdog
Reaction score
riot.

Blackmail works too.

You want to throw what Huizenga did to us and to MLB in for an argument??? Dosen't fit for '03, '04, or '05. Just so you don't forget:
'03 average attendance: 16,290
'04 average attendance: 22.091
'05 average attendance: 22.872
All at or near the very bottom of MLB figures.

Poor attendance is why we have not been able to secure the tax rebate. I don't blame this ownership for any trades at all when the locals have shown time and again they will not support the team. That "It's not my fault" attitude just dosen't work here because if the truth be told, it is our fault.

riot.

Blackmail works too.

Because apparently only about 18,000 of us think attendance is important or care about baseball being here as of this date. That's our average attendance as of Saturday night. Averaging a little over 18K a game while a bill is trying to get passed to help us with a stadium so we CAN keep more expensive players and yet some want to say it didn't go through because north Florida has a thing against Miami. Brilliant.

DcFishFan

Muckdog
Reaction score
riot.

Blackmail works too.

You want to throw what Huizenga did to us and to MLB in for an argument??? Dosen't fit for '03, '04, or '05. Just so you don't forget:
'03 average attendance: 16,290
'04 average attendance: 22.091
'05 average attendance: 22.872
All at or near the very bottom of MLB figures.

Poor attendance is why we have not been able to secure the tax rebate. I don't blame this ownership for any trades at all when the locals have shown time and again they will not support the team. That "It's not my fault" attitude just dosen't work here because if the truth be told, it is our fault.

riot.

Blackmail works too.

Because apparently only about 18,000 of us think attendance is important or care about baseball being here as of this date. That's our average attendance as of Saturday night. Averaging a little over 18K a game while a bill is trying to get passed to help us with a stadium so we CAN keep more expensive players and yet some want to say it didn't go through because north Florida has a thing against Miami. Brilliant.

Actually, I think BOTH are true. The Marlins' poor attendance and the fact that the Marlins are from Miami likely BOTH played a role in the freeze-out up in Tally.

riot.

Blackmail works too.

That's one way to look at it. Another way is that while the Marlins did average 29k per game in 1997, they only brought in 85k more people than in the major league average ballpark that year (Marlins tot att: 2,364,000 MLB Avg: 2,277,000). Compare that to 1993, when the Marlins brought in 400k more than the average.

Marlin Nation

Muckdog
Reaction score
The last thing an organization should think about when considering trading players is how the fans will react. I think that rings especially true for this market.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
The last thing an organization should think about when considering trading players is how the fans will react. I think that rings especially true for this market.
They should definatly think about how the fans would react about trading Cabrera. It would be absolutly unforgivable in the South Florida market.

Marlin Nation

Muckdog
Reaction score
They should definatly think about how the fans would react about trading Cabrera. It would be absolutly unforgivable in the South Florida market.

What would they do not go to the games? Oh wait...

Cabrerafan

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Marlins know how the fans feel about keeping Cabrera and Dontrelle. It wouldn't be unreasonable to let go of Dontrelle for the right price at some point, but it'd be blasphemy if the Marlins let Cabrera.

I'd have a hard time continuing to support the Marlins if they don't keep Cabrera.

I'm with you here. I'd be devastated if they traded Miggy. I know that sounds extreme, but it's true. I look forward so much to his every at-bat.

Top Bottom