What's new

Is fanfest worth going to?

flsportsfan83

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have never been to fanfest and live in the Tampa area. I am seriously considering driving down for the day with my wife. We have no kids so the kiddie events are no big deal to me. I would like to get a few autographs. I see the Heat play the 20th as well so we may catch a Heat game as well.

Is it worth going to? Or should I just go to Jupiter for a day to get autographs?

How approachable are the players? Any chance ill see McKeon, Lowell, etc...?

Easier to get autographs in Jupiter, there are usually long lines for the players at FanFest. I went a couple of times, its ok but nothing I'd travel a long distance for.

No guarantees on alumni appearances but both Jack and Mikey have gone in the past. I'd say far more likely you'd see Jack than Lowell since Jack is in town next week anyway for the golf tourney.

He's been there for the start of ST the last couple of years.  No guarantees he will be but I assume as long as he is feeling good, he will be again. 

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
In years past yes, recent years no. Long lines and too many people. Everything costs money. Just not worth it.

Spring training is much easier for autos if that's what you're wanting

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

flsportsfan83

Muckdog
Reaction score
OK, I think I will just make a trip to Jupiter, and wait until the season starts before making a trip to Miami.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Fan Fest is free except for parking. For what it's for (spread word about the upcoming season and kick off ticket sales) it's still worth it. It's not easy to get autographs and players being approachable is hit or miss and based on some luck. Still you should be able to get at least a few autographs with some effort. If you have kids, like I do, it's way worth it especially if they have any interest in the Marlins. There's plenty they'll enjoy. If you're an adult just looking to spend a day around the ballpark mingling with Marlins fans, it's also worth it. Not something "can't miss" that you need to go out of your way or travel far for but what else are you expecting from a Fan Fest event that isn't a private event?

If your one goal is to get autographs from the entire starting lineup then you're at the wrong event.

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
ST is the place to get autographs. None of the team Fanfests in MLB are good for this.

Hotel lobbies are good for autographs too, just stand around in the road city like a creep

Vince0926

Fanfest is an event that is good if you live within 20 miles of the stadium. My family lives 1.2 miles away so they are going. Nothing to drive from tampa for....unless you want to see the heat that badly. Then by all means catch fanfest while you are down there. I suppose jupiter is the best place for autographs.

this is the first time in a long time that so many of us are in agreement on something 

hovertical

LumberKing
Reaction score
whoa, stop the train.  we're not all in agreement.  i don't find you to be creepy/stalkerish at all Admin! 

Be my Valentine?  <3

Top Bottom