What's new

Issues Needing to be Addressed

gomarlins9703

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm really getting tired of us serving up vitories to other teams. The walks are stupid and aggrovating. Not looking at the third base coach has to stop. We are playing sloppy. and it needs to stop. I would kill to see a Jack McKeon ass chew out session right now.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's called regression to the mean. The bullpen is not as good as the stretch we saw early in the season, so patches like this just have to happen.

That's all.

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Most of them aren't Rookies any more. Hanley trying to stretch a triple into an inside the parker and Uggla making the same stupid running mistakes are pissing me off.

EricWiener

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm really getting tired of us serving up vitories to other teams. The walks are stupid and aggrovating. Not looking at the third base coach has to stop. We are playing sloppy. and it needs to stop. I would kill to see a Jack McKeon ass chew out session right now.

This team is nowhere near as sloppy as it was under McKeon and Gonzalez hasn't done anything even a tenth as hairbrained as Jack McKeon would do.

Pitchers need to throw strikes, if they can't, demote them. Anyone know if Gregg has options? Cause I want Gardner back.

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
btw, Astros gave us all the chances to win this game. Sanchez was a lucky SOB out there today.

Cabrera, Willingham, Jacobs 1-10 - They looked like dead meat

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's called regression to the mean. The bullpen is not as good as the stretch we saw early in the season, so patches like this just have to happen.

That's all.
I think there is also some mismanagement going on.

Well d'uh, but I'm not interested in starting the 992054839048th debate about how Gonzalez is a yes-man and have people who don't understand what that means start mouthing off.

Freddi's not a great manager, Freddi, for whatever reason, has not had this team focused for about the last week and still has no clue how to use a bullpen, but there is a really simple explanation for it, and that is that this bullpen we saw tonight is far more likely to be the bullpen we have rather than the one we saw opening week.

gomarlins9703

Muckdog
Reaction score
the bullpen was basically an extension of sanchez tonight, except he got lucky

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
Be happy we arent tampa, they blew a 7-1 lead and lost 9-7

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Be happy we arent tampa, they blew a 7-1 lead and lost 9-7

If we weren't playing Houston, we'd have had the other team score at least 9.

You can't walk 10 and expect to beat the other team with 3 runs.

japerez86

Muckdog
Reaction score
Has anybody realized that this is game number 12?
We started last year 11-31. This year we have sergio mitre and Jorge Julio to blame for four of the teams six losses.
We are making stupid mistakes. I agree that running through the third base coach's sign is stupid, but Miguel Cabrera does it from time to time and it works out for him. No one is bitching and moaning if Hanley scores.

Gregg did put the men on the bases and was pitching like sh*t, but come on... he gets the pop up and then tank is in facing a lefty. Those things matter. He messed up once. Lets give these guys a break and stop calling Freddi an idiot. How was this game his fault? I think this closer role is still an audition and Gregg getting the bases loaded and being left in is probably evidence of that. Give the manager a break. It has been twelve games for a rookie manager.

FlummoxedLummox

I don't want to be the drop of water that starts the waterfall, but Gregg needs to be pulled after walking the first two batters in the 9th. This is my first strike against Fredi.

Plus, Borchard needs let Uggla catch that ball. With his back to the outfield, Uggla can't see Joe coming and he clearly waved everyone off.

gomarlins9703

Muckdog
Reaction score
The strike zone was small.

it was small for the astros too

i also don't get why fredi won't name a closer. in spring all he talked about was how important it was to have a set closer and how he had one guy in mind. So, why not go with that guy now?

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't want to be the drop of water that starts the waterfall, but Gregg needs to be pulled after walking the first two batters in the 9th. This is my first strike against Fredi.

Plus, Borchard needs let Uggla catch that ball. With his back to the outfield, Uggla can't see Joe coming and he clearly waved everyone off.

Yeah, with Tank warming, Gregg had no business staying in the game after the second walk.

Other than that, not to turn this into a whole "macho" thing, but to anyone that has played baseball (I did through my sophomore year of college) you know that an outfielder always has priority over an infielder...always.

If anyone's interested, here's the priority list on a fly-ball:

Outfield
Centerfield
Right/left-field

Infield
Short-Stop
Third-baseman/Second-Baseman
1st Baseman
Catcher
Pitcher

Theoretically, if the centerfielder is playing reeeeeally shallow, he could call off infielders on the infield :p

japerez86

Muckdog
Reaction score
and mckeon is the same guy that got lucky enough to have Braden Looper pitch ugueth urbina out of a bases loaded jam. Braden Looper was a piece of crap... and Jack McKeon may have been the luckiest manager alive that year. He wasnt a managerial genius, evidenced by his mercenarial behavior since 1912.

FlummoxedLummox

Tonight had nothing to do with being a yes man.

He chose the wrong pitcher to begin with and was too scared to pull him. Despite his own faults, that is something I can always give McKeon credit for.
I'm not certain he chose the wrong pitcher. Gregg can throw more innings than Owens and the pitcher's position had just come to bat. His mistake was not pulling him.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
and mckeon is the same guy that got lucky enough to have Braden Looper pitch ugueth urbina out of a bases loaded jam. Braden Looper was a piece of crap... and Jack McKeon may have been the luckiest manager alive that year. He wasnt a managerial genius, evidenced by his mercenarial behavior since 1912.

So McKeon was lucky, but Beinfest was a genius.

(Sorry, I had to).

miamibaseball

Muckdog
Reaction score
we need fix this quick because we donot want to get in big hole we have only one good pitcher that is willis but he cannot pitch in all game some one else need show their can pitch too or we going have LONG SEASON

Top Bottom