What's new

J.T.'s Trade Ideas Thread

Will_To_Live_

Miami_Bum_Man
Reaction score
Edit: I definitely feel despite how unbiased I'm trying to be these might be a bit too high, Shoot me ideas though of what you feel is right or realistic. I'll add position and Top-100 rankings later (going to work soon) onto the prospects I mention.

All Rankings are based off MLB.com top100 and organizational rankings

I hope we land a package consisting of 1 Top-25 prospect and 1 Top-100 prospect with a throw-in for both packages. I might be being too optimistic so thought I'd jot down some trades I feel are fair.

Braves Aquire:

- J.T. Realmuto (C)

Marlins Aquire:

- Kyle Wright (RHP) Top 100 Rank: 29

- Christian Pache (OF) Top 100 Rank: 68

Notes: I feel we couldn't land Riley and one of their top 5 pitchers but can squeeze out a Kyle Wright/Pache package. I'd like Touki more but feel with his emergence down the stretch they'd feel he's more untouchable than before. This would be a great haul for Miami and wouldn't kill the Braves as they wouldn't lose their top pitching prospect or positional prospect. This is probably my favorite package that's realistic.

Astros Aquire:

- J.T. Realmuto (C)

Marlins Aquire:

- Yordan Alvarez (OF) Top 100 Rank: 42

- Josh James (RHP) Top 100 Rank: 95

- Corbin Martin (RHP) Organization Rank: 6th

Notes: I think this is just about the only way the Marlins consider a trade with the Astros that doesn't include either of their top 2. I feel this is also a real big reach for the Astros and that they probably wouldn't... unless... one of the bigger contenders adds a Machado or Harper or are close to a deal for J.T. i.e. Yankee's Tampa Bay 

Edit: I feel all trades I list are "Best Case Scenario", so in all likelihood, the Marlins will get a bit less than what I'm implying.

Padres Aquire:

- J.T. Realmuto (C)

Marlins Aquire:

- Francisco Mejia (C/OF) Top 100 Rank: 26

- Micheal Baez (RHP) Top 100 Rank: 57

or

- Francisco Meija (C/OF) Top 100 Rank: 26

- Luis Patino (RHP) Top 100 Rank: 83

- Andres Munoz (CL) Organizational Rank: 23rd

Notes: I feel the Padres outbid any other team if they want. I feel a package headlined by Francisco is a must if we trade with them though, even if we have to throw in another MLB player. I didn't include Paddack cause I feel he is surging too high right now to be anything other than a headliner prospect (unfortunately). The first offer is probably too much so that's why I devised a second that I'd still love and feel would be fair.

Rays Aquire: 

- J.T. Realmuto (C)

Marlins Aquire:

- Jesus Sanchez (OF) Top 100 Rank: 33 or Brent Honeywell (RHP) Top 100 Rank: 28

- Shane Baz (RHP) Organizational Rank: 6th

- Lucius Fox (SS) Organizational Rank: 9th

Notes: An underrated farm system, in my opinion that can offer a bunch of talent that isn't "top-100" that is near it. Not much to say other than a talented group that if breaks right could add a Mid-rotation Pitcher as well as an underrated SS and Everyday Outfielder.

Reds Aquire:

- J.T. Realmuto (C)

Marlins Aquire:

- Taylor Trammell (OF) Top 100 Rank: 17

- Tucker Barnhart (C) Gold Glove winner or Mike Siani (OF) Organizational Rank: 9th

Notes: The best potential player we could add through a J.T. trade out of all offers that are realistic. In hindsight wish we added Robles during the deadline but hey water under the bridge. Taylor though is the real deal and could develop into a star for sure. Barnhart also could be the placeholder catcher till Banfield develops or whoever we add there in the upcoming draft.

I originally made this a post on the J.T. rumor thread but felt it wasn't a rumor and didn't want to hijack the original thread. If you don't care or feel this is an unnecessary thread breath, calm down, and just post on another thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
Do we need another thread for this?  Can we just put this in the Realmuto thread?

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
Houston Acquires:

JT Realmuto*

Miami Acquires:

Kyle Tucker

Forest Whitley

Alex Bregman

Francis Martes

Jake Marisnick

*PTBNL [completed on March 3rd, it's JT Realmuto]

Who says no?
NO.  I can say no.

Oh, wait....you meant for the trade proposal?  I thought you were just asking who can say no.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
NO.  I can say no.

Oh, wait....you meant for the trade proposal?  I thought you were just asking who can say no.
Nah, definitely asking who would say no to that deal. I think it's fair.

Pedro

http://pedroreyesfigueroa.com - www.misterfigg.com
Writer
Reaction score
Marlins trade Realmuto to some team after an extended time, and get very little return considering the wasted time and high demands, that they are trashed by the national media for.

Marlins return: This ends up being the final straw that breaks the camel's back when it comes to one of the best self-preservationists in MLB, Mike Hill.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Marlins trade Realmuto to some team after an extended time, and get very little return considering the wasted time and high demands, that they are trashed by the national media for.
I don't know, man, if he stays healthy and continues his current trajectory, a contending team will overpay at the deadline.

Will_To_Live_

Miami_Bum_Man
Reaction score
Do we need another thread for this?  Can we just put this in the Realmuto thread?
I started this thread as to not detract from the Realmuto Rumors thread because this is entirely about trade ideas. I honestly don't see the problem, is this forum on fire to the point where this thread will take the shine away from another??? Lmfao ignore it if you want

Will_To_Live_

Miami_Bum_Man
Reaction score
Lol at how the thread title was changed (Admin must've done it)

Also look at what I predicted and was mentioned several hours later by an MLB.com writer.

image.png 

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
What's the Rick Hahn approach mean? Insisting on one of the other team's top 2 prospects or bust? Isn't that what they've done up to this point with JT? 

B1az3

Muckdog
Reaction score
Reds: Realmuto + Steckenrider + Straily 

Marlins: Senzel + Trammell + Barnhart + future reliever 

Top Bottom