What's new

James Rowson to be named bench coach and offensive coordinator

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
Brinson has been compared a lot to Byron Buxton. Buxton improved considerably after Rowson arrived. I think there is legitimate hope that Rowson can make a difference.
I'd be elated if Brinson could turn into Buxton at this point.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Just by those two minutes alone I can tell the guy is a future manager in waiting.

I like how he reminds us that the Twins weren't hitting that great when he started there so he has shown the ability to improve a team. He didn't just walk into a great hitting team and get meaningless credit for making them better. So seeing him start from scratch with the Marlins is gonna be fun to keep an eye on.

Also, I'm curious what he actually thinks of Brinson at this point. I wonder if he already has ideas for him. Brinson alone is gonna be a great test for Rowson.

FishFan95

Marlin
Reaction score
Just by those two minutes alone I can tell the guy is a future manager in waiting.
He's a future coach in waiting too. He arrived in Miami 5 months before the season even begins.
So seeing him start from scratch with the Marlins is gonna be fun to keep an eye on.
Can I keep 2 eyes on him. I don't like keeping one eye closed and I don't look great wearing an eye patch.
Brinson alone is gonna be a great test for Rowson.
Is he allowed to bring a cheat sheet? We need him to get that one right.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
In being introduced to the media today they said Rowson was just bench coach and downplayed how much he would control the hitting at the MLB level. They did say he would have hitting input but didnt say anything about being offensive coordinator.

Latest posts

Top Bottom