What's new

Jason Stokes

Marlins Bandit

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wow, for everyone who said he is struggling a week ago I think he must have heard you.

Look at his statline from last nights game: 4-5, 3R, 7RBI, 2B, 2HR (including his 2nd Grand Slam of the year).

He now has his BA up from .230 a little over a week ago to .265 and has raised his HR total from 4 to 11. He now leads the Florida State League with 53 HR and will participate in the all-star game in a week. He also has had 2 multi HR games in the last 3 days.

By the way, pitching propsect Nic Ungs threw a complete game, 5H, 1R game to get his 5th win and lower his ERA to 1.86.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
JASON STOKES FOR 1B, 2004 FLORIDA MARLINS!

lol...If he could only make that much progress...

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
JASON STOKES FOR 1B, 2004 FLORIDA MARLINS!

lol...If he could only make that much progress...
Adrian Gonzalez for 1B and trade D.Lee foe some solid pitching..... :D

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Stokes is the next Bagwell and will be a better MLB player than Gonzalez, although both will be good (unless Adrian keeps it up.)

And what, our pitching isn't solid enough? :p More, and better pitching would be nice though...

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
And what, our pitching isn't solid enough? :p More, and better pitching would be nice though...
it is but Nunez and Almanza arent....we need a couple of RP to help out our bullpen.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
You can never ever have enough pitching :banghead

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
it is but Nunez and Almanza arent....we need a couple of RP to help out our bullpen. They have had their moments...

You can never ever have enough pitching

Very true...

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Stokes is the next Bagwell and will be a better MLB player than Gonzalez, although both will be good (unless Adrian keeps it up.)

And what, our pitching isn't solid enough? :p More, and better pitching would be nice though... Last time I check Adrian posted great stats last year in triple A or am I wrong?

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Adrian Gonzalez for 1B and? trade D.Lee foe some solid pitching..... :D

And what, our pitching isn't solid enough? :p More, and better pitching would be nice though... Last time I check Adrian posted great stats last year in triple A or am I wrong? i think jason will be the better out of the two but we just haveto wait and see.

i'm positive one of these guys will be traded away.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Last time I check Adrian posted great stats last year in triple A or am I wrong?
Last year isn't this year is it? And Jason Stokes stats were just as, if not more impressive...

1) Who is doing better right now?

2) Ask any expert who is better, and everyone says Jason Stokes... and for good reason...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
i think Adrian was in AA last year when he had 17hr and 96rbi

Stokes was in A ball

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
i think Adrian was in AA last year when he had 17hr and 96rbi

Stokes was in A ball
And yet, Stokes had 27 HR and a . 330 + average and 70+ RBI in 310 something at-bats...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
true but he was in A ball...

I think Stokes will be better, but it was only A ball

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
true but he was in A ball...

I think Stokes will be better, but it was only A ball
But the man is just what we need on this team... A clutch hitter... He is only hitting . 260 right now but leading the league in RBI...

And the stats he put up last year in only 300 at-bats...Keep that in mind...

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
All I have to say is hard to say who will be better and Adrian stats last year in double A were impressive also.I think the Marlins are lucky/unlucky enough to have two great prospect at 1b.I think Adrian will get his confidence back in double A and will be ready for Majors next year.Stokes is at least two years away from Majors and I would like to see Stokes move to OF.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
how would you know if he is clutch?

the 'man' is still 2 years away most likely

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score

You are a clutch player when:

Your batting average is . 260, and yet you lead the league in RBI...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score

You are a clutch player when:

Your batting average is . 260, and yet you lead the league in RBI... i dont know if he is clutch or not, but stats dont always tell the whole story

i hope he is clutch, but i wouldnt know

Top Bottom