What's new

Jeff Mathis activated off DL

Sirspud

Muckdog
Reaction score

Adding those career numbers to this lineup is going to dramatically improve it.

mrchainsaw

Joe Frisaro bought me a beer once
Reaction score
One of those great prospects we got from Toronto, clearly

One of those great prospects we got from Toronto, clearly

Remember that Mathis was a dealbreaker for the Marlins in that trade.

poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score
.198 .256 .314

Adding those career numbers to this lineup is going to dramatically improve it.

ew. how the hell is considered a major league baseball player?

Irrelevant when you consider that the Marlins aren't really a major league team.

poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score
he's had at least 195 PAs every season since 2007.
.199 Avg in that span

pollythewog

MONEY BAG TIME
Reaction score
he's had at least 195 PAs every season since 2007.
.199 Avg in that span

Veteran leadership obviously

BroncoBob27

Muckdog
Reaction score
Olivo was brought in as a part time replacement until Mathis came back, but if room is needed on the 25 man roster it wouldn't surprise me to see Brantly sent down to work on his defense. Just sayin...

AeroFishOne

Muckdog
Reaction score
Olivo was brought in as a part time replacement until Mathis came back, but if room is needed on the 25 man roster it wouldn't surprise me to see Brantly sent down to work on his defense. Just sayin...

Id be surprised if they sent Brantley down to work on defense. Offense, sure, but this seasons a waste anyway and might as well work on defense at the major league level. I figure they'd want to stop paying Olivio that little bit of money we owe him.

Muckdog
Reaction score
Surely, you jest.

Olivo is wholly dispensable (and can't be forgotten soon enough.) The guy can't even remember to swing at first-pitch fast-balls right down the pipe, supposedly his specialty to hit out -- he lets most of them go by for a strike. Pitiful. He's actually taking walks.

Brantley has a future here, Olivo doesn't.

Why would they futz around with Brantly when they already have AA guys up and more coming up soon to get experience? This team will probably lose 100+ games no matter who they bring up, but unless he hits .100 for the rest of the year and has about 50 more passed balls, Brantly ain't going anywhere.

Yeah, that will never happen. And it shouldn't happen.

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm surprised Olivo wasn't DFA'd after this move was made, he's pretty irrelevant now

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
They seem to think Olivo can backup at 1B for a while too, with all of the infielder injuries. Once Mahoney or Kotchman are back he's probably gone.

Top Bottom