What's new

Jericho

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
i'm surprised nobody has started a thread on this show yet, especially with the anticipation this board had back when it was first announced. well, it's one of the best new shows of the year. for anyone that doesn't know yet, it's about a town in kansas dealing with the aftermath of nuclear bombs going off in major cities (so a bit of a 24 element for those fans out there) as they try to find who did it. robert seems creepy as we know he's a spy, but for who, we don't know. jake green, son of our mayor, johnson green came back the day the bombs went off from denver, as he was traveling ironically from denver. he was also in san diego during his time away.

also a romance element as jake is trying to make up with his old friend emily, but she's engaged with roger who just showed up to the town as a plane survivor near the end of the fall finale. there is also a divorce between jake's brother and his wife, which is now having a baby and the brother is having an affair with the bar lady.

there's a bunch more plotlines in the show that i can't really explain as it is way extensive. i suggest you just watch the fall recap of the first 11 shows on february 14 at 8 pm if you haven't seen the show, missed a few episodes during the fall or just need a refresher of what's going on in the town.

the spring season begins that next wednesday, feb. 21st at 8 with the remaining 12 shows of the season airing then.

a big flaw in the show though is a bit too much on the disease of the week formulas sometimes...but not all the time. but other than that, one of the most underrated shows on network tv right now.

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
return to jericho: the fall season recap is coming on tonight at 8 pm. so if you haven't watched the show or missed something or forgot, watch it.

new episodes start next week.

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
if you missed the recap show, it's free on itunes right now

and correction, that's 11 shows for the second half, not 12.

that emily girl reminds me a bit of kim bauer though. i think this is the most underrated show on tv right now. not as good as heroes though.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
Jericho cancelled

what a stupid move...second best new show this year (heroes being the first) and they cancel it, in favor for kid nation?!

I think this thread alone should be a pretty good indication that it's obviously not a stupid move.

cgator

Muckdog
Reaction score
Fans Make CBS Reconsider 'Jericho' Axing

By LYNN ELBER, AP Television Writer
document.write(getElapsed("20070606T030853Z"));Tue Jun 5, 11:08 PMUPDATED 6 HOURS 7 MINUTES AGO

LOS ANGELES - Fans trumpeting the cause of CBS' canceled drama "Jericho" have caught the network's ear. CBS, deluged with calls, messages and shipments of nuts signifying viewer displeasure, is reconsidering its decision, a source close to the production said Tuesday.

The source spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to comment publicly. A decision on whether to bring the show back, probably for a midseason run, is imminent, the source said.

"We are tired of the networks (not just CBS) tossing aside quality programming," was the message carried by jericholives.com, one of several web sites protesting the cancellation. "Enough! We're going to fight for this one."

Clarke Ingram, a "Jericho" fan from Pittsburgh, Pa., and a spokesman for jericholives, said he was optimistic that CBS would find a way to revive the drama about a Kansas town isolated by a nuclear terrorist attack.

"People would paint this as teenagers in tinfoil hats" rallying behind the show, said Ingram, 50, an operations manager for two radio stations. "That's not what this is. These are educated professionals."

The show's daring premise, its writing and acting make the case for its survival, he said.

Several factors could work in the show's favor: It appeals to the young adult viewers sought by advertisers and was one of CBS' most popular shows streamed online, indicating an audience beyond that measured by traditional ratings.

CBS may also be considering the dent a long hiatus put in the show's viewership, the same scheduling misstep that hurt ABC's "Lost" and NBC's "Heroes."

The network apparently has been impressed by the display of viewer passion, which included the delivery of 50,000 pounds of peanuts to its New York offices. In the season finale, a character replies "Nuts!" to a demand that the beleaguered town of Jericho surrender.

That's the same response that a U.S. general in World War II made to a German demand for surrender at the Battle of the Bulge.

There's already been one positive outcome: CBS is donating the protest peanuts to charities, including one that sends care packages to troops overseas.

source

cgator

Muckdog
Reaction score
Jericho boards
Below is a message from CBS Entertainment.

June 6, 2007
To the Fans of Jericho:

Wow!

Over the past few weeks you have put forth an impressive and probably unprecedented display of passion in support of a prime time television series. You got our attention; your emails and collective voice have been heard.

As a result, CBS has ordered seven episodes of ?Jericho? for mid-season next year. In success, there is the potential for more. But, for there to be more ?Jericho,? we will need more viewers.

A loyal and passionate community has clearly formed around the show. But that community needs to grow. It needs to grow on the CBS Television Network, as well as on the many digital platforms where we make the show available.

We will count on you to rally around the show, to recruit new viewers with the same grass-roots energy, intensity and volume you have displayed in recent weeks.

At this time, I cannot tell you the specific date or time period that ?Jericho? will return to our schedule. However, in the interim, we are working on several initiatives to help introduce the show to new audiences. This includes re-broadcasting ?Jericho? on CBS this summer, streaming episodes and clips from these episodes across the CBS Audience Network (online), releasing the first season DVD on September 25 and continuing the story of Jericho in the digital world until the new episodes return. We will let you know specifics when we have them so you can pass them on.

On behalf of everyone at CBS, thank you for expressing your support of ?Jericho? in such an extraordinary manner. Your protest was creative, sustained and very thoughtful and respectful in tone. You made a difference.

Sincerely,

Nina Tassler

President, CBS Entertainment

P.S. Please stop sending us nuts :)

cgator

Muckdog
Reaction score
A little late with this, but for anyone interested during the summer re-run time:
June 12, 2007
"JERICHO" RETURNS TO CBS ON JULY 6
Rebroadcasts From the First Season to Air Fridays at 9:00 PM, ET/PT
For the Remainder of the Summer
JERICHO, CBS's drama about how residents of a small, peaceful, Kansas town band
together to survive in the wake of a nuclear explosion, will return to the Network beginning
Friday, July 6 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT). Rebroadcasts of episodes from the first season will air
in the Friday, 9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT time period for the remainder of the summer.
JERICHO, which last week received a seven episode mid-season order following an
impassioned display of fan support, will return on July 6 with a rebroadcast of the pilot episode.
On July 13, CBS will present back-to-back broadcasts beginning with "Return to Jericho"
(8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), which recapped the first 11 episodes, followed by episode 12, "The Day
Before" (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), which launched "Jericho's" spring return.
The remaining summer broadcasts will consist of episodes 13?22, in which tensions
continue to escalate between Jericho and the neighboring town of New Bern as they battle the
Kansas winter, dwindling resources and the uncertainty of a new world. The citizens of
Jericho must now find a way to unite against these hardships, working together to preserve their
community and their way of life as they prepare for an all out battle for survival in the season
finale.
Jon Turteltaub, Stephen Chobsky and Carol Barbee are executive producers of
JERICHO for CBS Paramount Network Television.
CBS Friday Schedule, July 6
8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT GHOST WHISPERER
9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT JERICHO (Pilot)
10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT NUMB3RS
Friday, July 13
8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT JERICHO (Recap)
9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT JERICHO (Spring Return)
Press Contacts: Mitch Graham 323-575-2415 mitch.graham@tvc.cbs.com
Ed Harrison 323-575-4254 ed.harrison@tvc.cbs.com

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
jericho in a nutshell: for those who haven't watched the show or need a refresher, here's the de-facto trailer for season two of jericho.

FutureGM

Muckdog
Reaction score
I was interested in this, so I went out and bought the 1st season DVD. I was really impressed with the show.

Has anyone been watching the 2nd season that started last week? It's only been getting better.

I read that the ratings for the season 2 premiere were pretty bad. The fans saved this show once but it would seem it won't be a Family Guy longterm return if those ratings keep up.

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
i saw the ratings...i would say part of it is because it's in cbs' timeslot of death, another is that people have bittorrent the show early (i've been watching at the scheduled time). at least this time, it will have a better ending, as the writers have two endings written out, one for if the show ends, and one if the show were to keep going. but my feeling is that cbs is trying everything they can to sabotage the show with little promotion and poor time slot. they only did this because of viewer demand, nothing else i think. don't be surprised if the show is cancelled for the second and last time in april.

and i preferred season one to this year, but it's still a great show. just feels too 24'ish right now, hopefully the elements that we came to expect from the show return in next week's show.

Top Bottom