What's new

JJ

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
Apologies if posted but I saw this was posted on rotoworld earlier in the day

Josh Johnson (elbow) threw another pain-free bullpen session on Tuesday.

Johnson is about a month from returning to the Marlins' rotation. He could begin a minor league rehab assignment in the next week or so.

Can we really expect him back in a month? Even though we aren't playing well as of late, its very encouraging to see this news..along with the news on Hermida and seeing De Aza taking BP the other day.

We really have to hope we can stay relatively close in the standings over the next month or so until we get healthy.. because I think this team can do wonderful things THIS season.

I myself am very excited about JJ and Hermida's impending returns.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
My favorite pitcher on the staff and IMO the true ace. Grossly underrated by fellow Marlin fans.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
I dont underrate him.

:thumbup I just think the general Marlin fan base on this board don't consider him a #1 ace like I do. I put him up with the Hanley,Miguel and Dontrelles as the building blocks in this club. I also include Hermida. Those 5 guys are the most important pieces and should be the guys we build the franchise around. Too bad we are so cheap or we could sign em all past arbitration.

I actually put Scotty O above JJ talent wise.

I am not as high on D-Train as most(for example, I would much rather of kept Big Tex and traded D-Train if that option was available), as he is being forced into the ace role and he isnt an ace, just a really good #2. D-Trains overall hot-and-cold routine where hes really good or really awful with very little grey area is also a turnoff.

That said, JJ is the guy I want on the hill if we have to win a game and the first guy in the rotation in a playoff series.

Olsen has the stuff but JJ can better utilize his repertoire.

marlinsfan75

Muckdog
Reaction score
I actually put Scotty O above JJ talent wise.

I am not as high on D-Train as most(for example, I would much rather of kept Big Tex and traded D-Train if that option was available), as he is being forced into the ace role and he isnt an ace, just a really good #2. D-Trains overall hot-and-cold routine where hes really good or really awful with very little grey area is also a turnoff.

That said, JJ is the guy I want on the hill if we have to win a game and the first guy in the rotation in a playoff series.

Olsen has the stuff but JJ can better utilize his repertoire.
I am in agreement with you here. Dontrelle is our ace but his consistency is terrible. The walks are killing us. I can understand it from rookies but he is in his 5th year now. I know some of it is from his non-orthodox delivery which is both good and bad. I like JJ but I think Olsen's "stuff" is better, a little nastier.

Trey05Marlins

Muckdog
Reaction score
Josh Johnson can and probably will end up being an Ace. Maybe not this year because of the injury, but if i had to predict the future he will be our opening day starter next year (and Game 1 of the 2007 NLDS starter if we are lucky).

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Josh Johnson can and probably will end up being an Ace. Maybe not this year because of the injury, but if i had to predict the future he will be our opening day starter next year (and Game 1 of the 2007 NLDS starter if we are lucky).
that's going out on a huge ledge there

Top Bottom