JJ's results are negative

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
http://www.miamiherald.com/588/story/30699.html

Posted on Sun, Mar. 04, 2007
Results on Marlins starter's arm are negative
JUPITER - JOHNSON UPDATE
Marlins starter Josh Johnson underwent two magnetic resonance imaging exams Friday, one on his shoulder and one on his elbow, and also had a bone scan on his right arm, and all the results were negative.

''There's still nothing that really stands out,'' Johnson said Saturday. ``They ruled out a stress fracture and ligament [damage].''

Johnson, who hasn't pitched off a mound since Sept. 12, was arguably the Marlins' best pitcher last season when he went 12-7 with a 3.10 ERA and finished fourth for the NL Rookie of the Year award. He didn't pitch the final three weeks of the season.

SANCHEZ WILD

Anibal Sanchez threw easy and said he felt strong -- he just couldn't find the plate.

Sanchez, making the first spring training start of his career, walked the bases loaded in the first inning and left after 1 1/3 innings after reaching his pitch limit (36). He didn't give up a hit while walking four and striking out two.

Sanchez, who had an MRI on his right shoulder in January and also had offseason problems with his right shin.

Sanchez noticed last week that his pitching was off, and he is working on correcting it.

''I have a problem with my mechanics,'' he said. ``I am dropping my body, and I am having trouble [locating] my pitches. But I felt good today. I felt strong. This is just the first start. I have [all of spring training] to get ready.

``I threw mostly fastballs, but the [two strikeouts] were on a changeup and a slider.''

RELIEVED

Fredi Gonzalez, who was Atlanta's third-base coach the past four years, was relieved to hear his friend and Braves bench coach Chino Cadahia was doing well after the car he was driving flipped during an auto accident near the Braves' spring training facility in Lake Buena Vista. Longtime Braves coach Terry Pendleton rescued Cadahia from the car.

''I talked to [Atlanta manager] Bobby Cox [Friday] and Chino was out there,'' Gonzalez said. ``He didn't miss a practice.''

I have a feeling he will be fine in a couple of weeks

Reaction score

Posted on Sun, Mar. 04, 2007
Results on Marlins starter's arm are negative
JUPITER - JOHNSON UPDATE
Marlins starter Josh Johnson underwent two magnetic resonance imaging exams Friday, one on his shoulder and one on his elbow, and also had a bone scan on his right arm, and all the results were negative.

''There's still nothing that really stands out,'' Johnson said Saturday. ``They ruled out a stress fracture and ligament [damage].''

Johnson, who hasn't pitched off a mound since Sept. 12, was arguably the Marlins' best pitcher last season when he went 12-7 with a 3.10 ERA and finished fourth for the NL Rookie of the Year award. He didn't pitch the final three weeks of the season.

SANCHEZ WILD

Anibal Sanchez threw easy and said he felt strong -- he just couldn't find the plate.

Sanchez, making the first spring training start of his career, walked the bases loaded in the first inning and left after 1 1/3 innings after reaching his pitch limit (36). He didn't give up a hit while walking four and striking out two.

Sanchez, who had an MRI on his right shoulder in January and also had offseason problems with his right shin.

Sanchez noticed last week that his pitching was off, and he is working on correcting it.

''I have a problem with my mechanics,'' he said. ``I am dropping my body, and I am having trouble [locating] my pitches. But I felt good today. I felt strong. This is just the first start. I have [all of spring training] to get ready.

``I threw mostly fastballs, but the [two strikeouts] were on a changeup and a slider.''

RELIEVED

Fredi Gonzalez, who was Atlanta's third-base coach the past four years, was relieved to hear his friend and Braves bench coach Chino Cadahia was doing well after the car he was driving flipped during an auto accident near the Braves' spring training facility in Lake Buena Vista. Longtime Braves coach Terry Pendleton rescued Cadahia from the car.

''I talked to [Atlanta manager] Bobby Cox [Friday] and Chino was out there,'' Gonzalez said. ``He didn't miss a practice.''

I have a feeling he will be fine in a couple of weeks

Agreed. Wish him a quick recovery. :thumbup

Reaction score

Had himself a Nolan Ryan outing :rolleyes:

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
Awesome. He can take as long as he needs to get better. If he sits out 6 weeks from today it would cause him to miss just 3 starts I believe.

Ralph

Muckdog
Reaction score
It didnt say anything about the possible nerve problem.

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score
He's having some specialized tests done on Monday that are specific to the nerves. Now that other things have been ruled out, it's still left to see how long the condition with his nerve will last.

Top Bottom