What's new

Joe Crawford suspended for the entire NBA playoffs

BobbyBowden

Muckdog
Reaction score
NEW YORK (AP) -- NBA referee Joey Crawford was suspended indefinitely by commissioner David Stern on Tuesday for his conduct toward Tim Duncan, who contends the ref challenged him to a fight.

Crawford ejected Duncan from a game in Dallas on Sunday, calling a second technical foul on the San Antonio Spurs star while he was on the bench.

"He looked at me and said, 'Do you want to fight? Do you want to fight?"' Duncan said. "If he wants to fight, we can fight. I don't have any problem with him, but we can do it if he wants to. I have no reason why in the middle of a game he would yell at me, `Do you want to fight?"'

Crawford's suspension will last at least through the NBA Finals.

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Nice job by David Stern. Glad he had the balls to do this because that whole situation was unreal.

Jimmy42Jack0

Muckdog
Reaction score
i think the biggest problem with officiating today is that they are protected to heavily by their respective leagues...they are allowed to have some kind of machoism and it shows how some refs try to take over games rather than letting the players win the games...im glad stern did this and really...while it seems small in the scheme of things...i hope crawford gets fired...im tired of this guy's antics during nba games...really...

PhxPhin

Muckdog
Reaction score
good deal - there is also a precedent for this with the ref & drexler during the playoffs a long time ago

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
wow. wouldn't expect this of Crawford, he's one of the better ref's.

Ns2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
He may be a good ref, but he's got major attitude problems. The guy gets pissed very quickly lol Not that i can judge it since i haven't seen him argue live, but from televised games, he looks like he has short temper. Still, I'd never expect a professional referee to challenge a player, a star nonetheless, to a fight.

JonDigital

Muckdog
Reaction score
Somewhere Udonis Haslem is sitting back with a big grin on his face :)

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Satan had warned Joey about this before.

He did it again, the consequences were severe.

Referees will not overshadow the players in the NBA. Satan specifically told Joey that if it happens again, the consequences would be severe.

Satan didnt lie.

Goto hell Joey, this is what your ego cost you.

juanpierre

Muckdog
Reaction score

Referees will not overshadow the players in the NBA. Satan specifically told Joey that if it happens again, the consequences would be severe.

Satan didnt lie.

whatever man, im sure you would be praising him if it had been wade.
Das- "It's about time someone stood up to Wade and his antics"

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score

Satan didnt lie.

whatever man, im sure you would be praising him if it had been wade.
Das- "It's about time someone stood up to Wade and his antics"

i respect wade, the refs blow the whistle and he gets to shoot many free throws a game.

i dont know what this has to do with the heat anyway...

joey crawford is a prick. he is a prick to many players in this league.

joey crawford finally being called for his bulls*** is a good thing for this entire league.

but you have to turn it into something stupid. jeez.

i'd be happy for anyone responsible for joey crawford being exposed for who he is.

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score
wow. wouldn't expect this of Crawford, he's one of the better ref's.

And one of the biggest drama queens there is. I'm glad he's gone. Good riddance, baldy.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
He seems to miss the playoffs annually. Broken foot one year in the HEAT-Hornets playoff series if I remember correctly.

One Crawford down....one more in MLB to go. :lol

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score
Duncan vs. Crawford in a boxing match! All-Star weekend 2008! :arms

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
Jah, you can't call yourself an objective ref and challenge a player to a fight. I hope he's done forever.

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score
Jah, you can't call yourself an objective ref and challenge a player to a fight. I hope he's done forever.

Looks like he has officiated his last game per David Stern's comments on PTI today.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
I can't believe this didn't hit me until today, but what made him think he had any chance in a fight against Tim Duncan?

Top Bottom