What's new

Jonathan Villar acquired

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score

Translation: Villar will play where he is needed based on which of the other projected regulars falter.

Last edited:

MarlinsLou

Hammerhead
Reaction score

Translation: Villar will play where he is needed based on which of the other projected regulars falter.
Which is great.

Maybe try him in CF. If he can play CF, that could solve a lot of problems.

Valid

Muckdog
Reaction score
So maybe all of the talk about how Jeter sucked and had no clue what he was doing was a bit knee-jerk and perhaps we should haven't counted him out two months into his job? Whoda thunk it!

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
So maybe all of the talk about how Jeter sucked and had no clue what he was doing was a bit knee-jerk and perhaps we should haven't counted him out two months into his job? Whoda thunk it!
I am not ready to erect a statue for him quite yet.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
I get the humor but in all honesty giving him a legitimate chance with some time was only fair. The amount of people who judged him from day one was insane.

Michael

Jumbo Shrimp
VIP
Reaction score
I get the humor but in all honesty giving him a legitimate chance with some time was only fair. The amount of people who judged him from day one was insane.
He knew what he was going to receive in terms of criticism as well and handled it properly. Patience will pay off here.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
I'm not saying the criticisms weren't expected but Jeter getting blamed for the disaster of a franchise that he purchased is like being in a smelly restroom and being blamed for someone else's literal shit.

Rydawg

Muckdog
Reaction score
What’s your opinion on Lucas?
Don't know much about him. I obviously go off minor league stats because it's difficult to watch minor league games. Both Paddack and Castillo put up incredible minor league numbers. Paddack moreso than Castillo. I don't remember Easton's stats jumping out at me.

taiwanmarlin

Hammerhead
Reaction score

Somebody said they looked like Nelson Cruz and C.C. Sabathia…

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
''We improved our offense, but we had a long way to go,'' president of baseball operations Michael Hill said Tuesday. ''So we're still exploring opportunities to improve our offense.''

''Monday was just the first step in making additions to this club and putting ourselves in position to have a successful 2020 season,'' Hill said.

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
''We improved our offense, but we had a long way to go,'' president of baseball operations Michael Hill said Tuesday. ''So we're still exploring opportunities to improve our offense.''

''Monday was just the first step in making additions to this club and putting ourselves in position to have a successful 2020 season,'' Hill said.
good to hear. Let’s see what happens

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
No one said anything about a statue, but all of the criticism he received early on was utterly ridiculous.
You'll have to excuse @SonOfJack he is apparently a sculptor on the side and thought you were asking him to work on a new piece for Jeter.

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
No one said anything about a statue, but all of the criticism he received early on was utterly ridiculous.
The amount was somewhat ridiculous though he did deserve some of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom