What's new

Jones beats Ruiz for WBA belt

~Columnist JC~

Muckdog
Reaction score
YES! I love Roy Jones...He's great! Maybe he can come up to the next level AGAIN and do awesome...

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
YES! I love Roy Jones...He's great! Maybe he can come up to the next level AGAIN and do awesome...
That is the higest level but he said he did to prove his critics wrong and that he is likely to go back to the light heavyweight division again. He did say if the right offer presented he could stay in the heavyweight division.

~Columnist JC~

Muckdog
Reaction score
I know it's the highest level.

He better stay up there...

Jones Jr. VS Tyson: Match I...

I wish!

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
The fight was crap, so was Oqendo who is a hyped up prospect.

The chick fight and Wright were good fight though.

Also to those did not know, Jones has said that he doesn't know if he will continue to fight as a heavy.

Jones will get clobbered by the top heavy's.

Byrd = Jones with a bigger punch

Wlad = Would blow out Jones

Lewis = Duh!

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
Byrd does not fight like Jones they are way diffrent

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Obviously you have not watched fight lately.

Jones in unorthadox, makes his opponents miss, moves around and slick, does not throw a lot of punches.

Seem's the same to me.

Don't question me in boxing.

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yes but Byrd is a lefty who is very uncorfatable to fight because of his style that is not like Jones's BTW byrd is not an elite heavyweight

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Their not alike because he's a lefty that's brilliant. Styles make fight Lowell.

Byrd is not an elite heavyweight! Victories against Tua, Holyfield, Vitali K, and Maurice Harris (who gave Fres a run for his money yesterday) and the IBF Champion. His only lossed came to Wlad and the then highly regarded Ike Ibeabuchi who many said who be the next Riddick Bowe were his only losses.

Yea he's not an elite heavyweight. You know little about boxing.

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
Jones is fast and hits hard unlike Byrd who has lots of stamina, and could box you all night long

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Jones is fast and hits hard unlike Byrd who has lots of stamina, and could box you all night long
If you watched the PPV last night, they said over and over again including Bob Foster who was just like Jones.

"The guy can be 10 and 10 with two knockouts but still can easily knock out a Middleweight"

Byrd would still overpower Jones. Byrd who has a much supperior chin than Ruiz would easily survive Jones. Jones punches rarely fased Ruiz. Jones was just the supperior fighter.

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
i did not see the PPV last night but how would someone know how hard Jone's chin if he has never beign knockout

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
That's what Bob Foster supporter's said when he moved up in class.

Also if you watched the Wood's Jones fight, you saw when Jones was in their with the bigger man who got him into the corner. Jones had problems.

Multiple that result by 50 when he goes up against a better, bigger, and stonger heavyweight.

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well just has being in trouble in the corner many times but mainly because he fools around with them.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well just has being in trouble in the corner many times but mainly because he fools around with them.
Yea I'd like to see him fool around with a Heavyweight. Were not talking about no name lightweights here. Were talking about big over powering Heavyweights.

Also last night Jones wasn't fooling around with Ruiz. The only reason he beat Ruiz is because Ruiz has alway's been a horrible fighter. This was a miss match, the only way Ruiz was going to win was by Knockout. It didn't happen and Jones won.

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
I know he wont fool around with Heavyweight but lets all rememeber Ruiz did Knockout Hollyfield.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Let's remember the Judges were very generous in giving Ruiz a draw in the third fight. Most at ringside had Holyfield winning also Ruiz knocked down Holyfield. He did not knock him out and yes their is a diffrence.

MarlinMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
The fight was crap, so was Oqendo who is a hyped up prospect.

The chick fight and Wright were good fight though.

Also to those did not know, Jones has said that he doesn't know if he will continue to fight as a heavy.

Jones will get clobbered by the top heavy's.

Byrd = Jones with a bigger punch

Wlad = Would blow out Jones

Lewis = Duh!
I will agree the Oquendo fight was not the cleanest but it was a good fight. There was a lot of action and yes I will also agree Oquendo is just a hyped prospect and beating a no heart fighter in Maurice Harris does nothing for me. However...

How can you say that Roy would be clobbered by Chris Byrd or either Klitschko?

Byrd is not Roy with a bigger punch, lets get that straight right away to begin with! The only way you are making this comparison is because both have an awkward style and are undersized heavyweights. Although he is fast and quick, Byrd is not nearly as fast or quick as Roy Jones Jr. He is also a southpaw, which is a main reason his style is awkward. Roy is more flashy and baits his opponents with unthinkable moves, defenses and actions to make his style awkward. He also out thinks his opponents more than anyone else I can think of, which is a great help to him. Byrd is a tough fighter but he does not have an extreme amount of size and I do not know how you can say he would clobber Roy Jones, a man who just beat a heavyweight champion with ease despite giving up over 30lbs. He also did not have a mark on his face after the fight, showing what an easy time he had with a top 5 heavyweight. The man has never truely lost a professional fight and yet you say he will get clobbered.

As far as the Klitschkos, come on. What makes you so sure on them? Fighting the 43-year-old Ray Mercers of the world do nothing for me. Sure they have size, skill and power but do they really have any heart or a good chin? The only note worthy person either of them have fought has been Chris Byrd and when he tested Vitali, Vitali quit. He couldn't take it and now he is trying to fight Lennox Lewis, where he will have his head handed to him. Now I know Byrd lost to Wlad but anybody who knows about boxing knows that was bull! The fight was in Wlad's home country of Russia and he was ahead of Wlad early on and then Byrd (like many fighters who have fought the brothers in Russia) started complaining of burning in his eyes and not being able to see well, also saying that the burning did not come from a punch but rather an illegal substance put on the gloves. Also did you see his face after the Mercer fight? It was all beaten and bruised, by an over the hill Ray Mercer! Please, brag about him when he does something noteworthy, like beating a good fighter under the age of 40.

MarlinMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Obviously you have not watched fight lately.

Jones in unorthadox, makes his opponents miss, moves around and slick, does not throw a lot of punches.

Seem's the same to me.

Don't question me in boxing.
I am questioning you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom