What's new

Jones beats Ruiz for WBA belt

MarlinMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
That's what Bob Foster supporter's said when he moved up in class.

Also if you watched the Wood's Jones fight, you saw when Jones was in their with the bigger man who got him into the corner. Jones had problems.

Multiple that result by 50 when he goes up against a better, bigger, and stonger heavyweight.
Yeah and Bob Foster also said that Roy wouldn't be able to make a dent in Ruiz and he would be knocked out. He was almost correct there...........no! He is just bitter because he could not do what Roy did. He was very good, but he is not nearly as good as Roy Jones. I watched the Woods fight and it was a clear domination to me! Jones was doing chicken moves in the ring and mocking Woods, no danger there. The fight was ended early as well. If you ever watch Roy people will say that he hates being up against the ropes and he has problems there. Well if you know anything about him then you will know that this is not even close to being fully true. When up against the ropes Roy throws his best and most accurate body shots, many of which hurt the bigger Ruiz in this past fight. He senses danger so he uses his best punches, often throwing many hard flurries of combinations to get out of the ropes, making him very live, game and dangerous. You are just saying what the experts said. They said Ruiz would throw him against the ropes and end the fight, knock him out. Well Ruiz's face tells the story, Jones can adjust from anywhere. Just give the man his credit and get a clue!

MarlinMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Also last night Jones wasn't fooling around with Ruiz. The only reason he beat Ruiz is because Ruiz has alway's been a horrible fighter. This was a miss match, the only way Ruiz was going to win was by Knockout. It didn't happen and Jones won.
Man shut up and give Roy his credit! Damn!

Ruiz has always been a horrible fighter? You are insane! Yes he got knocked out by Tua but that was several years ago. He put Evander on the canvas. That is something that Lennox Lewis and Mike Tyson both could not do. He went three hard fights with Evander, that is something that a horrible fighter could not do. Jones not only won, but he won so convincgly that it was not even funny. The only reason he beat Ruiz is because Ruiz has always been a horrible fighter? HAHAHA GET A CLUE! He beat him because he has skill, speed, quickness, power, fought a great fight and out thought him as well. But I guess none of that counts now does it?

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
i havent watched boxing in seemingly forever now.

i used to watch all the fights back when chavez was fighting, my best friend's dad would order all those fights so I would go over there and watch and be one of only two people cheering against Chavez. (My best friend being the other)

when he finally lost we were happy, everyone else was deeply saddened.

frankly there is nobody truly interesting fighting these days......especially in the heavyweight divisions.

MarlinMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Let's remember the Judges were very generous in giving Ruiz a draw in the third fight. Most at ringside had Holyfield winning also Ruiz knocked down Holyfield. He did not knock him out and yes their is a diffrence.
I would not say very generous, very generous would be giving Evander a draw in the first Lewis fight. And as far as knocking him down, that is something that both Lennox and Tyson could not do in four combined fights. Evidently knocking him down is not easy, yet Ruiz did it so it must take some punching ability to do.

MarlinMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
frankly there is nobody truly interesting fighting these days......especially in the heavyweight divisions.
Oh no? Go watch Zab Judah, Miguel Barrera, Luis Perez, Eric Morel, Erik Morales, Floyd Mayweather Jr, Johnny Tapia, Kosta Tszyu, Ricardo Mayorga, Jose Luis Castillo, Oscar De La Hoya, Shane Mosley, Vernon Forrest, Winy Wright, William Joppey, Bernard Hopkins, Felix Trinidad (if he un-retires), Eric Lucas

Heavyweights: Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield, either Klitschko brother, Chris Byrd, Lennox Lewis, Roy Jones Jr. (if he stays), Kirk Johnson

Those are all exciting big name fighters off the top of my head.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wlad dominated Chris Byrd and Jameel "Prison time" Mcline. At the time of the fight Jameel was a top 5 heavyweight. That fight was a huge fight, that's why HBO put that as the main event over an anticipated Floyd Mayweather re-match.

Wlad outboxed kept him back and then finished him. If you remember Jameel has gone up with big puncher's granted Michael Grant never got the chance to fight power wise. Wlad effected him and then a huge prospect was put down.

Also I really don't know why so many people shoot down Wlad and Vitali. Unlike most fighter's they are not thugs or wanna be rapper's. That is the kind of crap that ruins boxing the Roy Jones of the world.

So Marlinman please tell me why knocking out the biggest prospect in the division next to him is nothing special.

MarlinMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wlad dominated Chris Byrd and Jameel "Prison time" Mcline. At the time of the fight Jameel was a top 5 heavyweight. That fight was a huge fight, that's why HBO put that as the main event over an anticipated Floyd Mayweather re-match.

Wlad outboxed kept him back and then finished him. If you remember Jameel has gone up with big puncher's granted Michael Grant never got the chance to fight power wise. Wlad effected him and then a huge prospect was put down.

Also I really don't know why so many people shoot down Wlad and Vitali. Unlike most fighter's they are not thugs or wanna be rapper's. That is the kind of crap that ruins boxing the Roy Jones of the world.

So Marlinman please tell me why knocking out the biggest prospect in the division next to him is nothing special.
Jameel McCline has size. Other than that Jameel McCline has basically nothing. He does not have the power to match his size. He is not very skilled and was never a true top five heavyweight, both you and I know. He is not a big time name to most people and beating him does not impress me. If Tyson were to have fought him instead of Etienne last time do you think people would still be saying that he is fighting a nobody and it is just an easy victory? Yes they would and since that is true then there is no reason to say because Wlad fought him then he is good!

As for the Chris Byrd fight, do not give me that load of bull! Go read the thread before you post. It was widely noted that Byrd was not being domnated until he had complained that he could not see do to a burning sensation in his eyes, something to the effect of Ali had versus Liston. This sensation did not come from a punch but rather an illegal substance more than likely put on the gloves of Wlad but since this fight took place in Wlad's home country of Russia nobody ever jumped to prove anything although many fighters who have faced Wlad in Russia have complained of the same eye burning sensation. But since you have shown your ignorance, you have seemingly ignored that. Michael Grant? Big deal, he has been as overhyped as they come. He has size and no substance.

Now that is why what he has done, and his brother for that matter, is nothing special!

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Let me ask you something, if this substance has a huge affect on the outcome of the fight. Which is about as hyped as any boxer coming out of Puerto Rico.

Then why in the hell has Wlad not seen even te slightest problem in America. Also if you remember Byrd beat Vitali, their was no problem with his eye's then. Wouldn't you think they would think a like.

It was just an excuse by the born again christian. Excuses are coming out all the time.

Also you want to attack the opponent's Wlad has faced. I do not see you saying anything about Jones, or maybe Glen Kelly was just nervous.

MarlinMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Let me ask you something, if this substance has a huge affect on the outcome of the fight. Which is about as hyped as any boxer coming out of Puerto Rico.

Then why in the hell has Wlad not seen even te slightest problem in America. Also if you remember Byrd beat Vitali, their was no problem with his eye's then. Wouldn't you think they would think a like.

It was just an excuse by the born again christian. Excuses are coming out all the time.

Also you want to attack the opponent's Wlad has faced. I do not see you saying anything about Jones, or maybe Glen Kelly was just nervous.
James Toney, he sat him down pretty nicely. What about Bernard Hopkins, the only man to beat Tito Trinidad. Oh wait, I recall Roy beating him with basically one hand because the other was injured. They are pretty big names. Oh how about giving up 30lbs to move up and fight a heavyweight champion and then beating him with ease. Oh yeah, Jones did that too didnt he!

When Byrd fought Vitali it was in Germany, not Russia. That is not a great site for an American fighter but it is a neutral site. That is why the problem was not the same. what is your excuse now?

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Actually a lot of their fight's are in Germany meaning I guess Germany is now in on your theory now too. If I remember Botha fought Wlad in Germany and had the same excuse.

Also how long ago was the Hopkin's, Toney fights? If I remember his newest opponents have been Clinton Wood's, Glen Kelly, and Julio Gonzalez, big names.

Also he said he would not fight Dariuz bc he wants to have the fight in Germany. If Jones really wanted to fight him he would put the green to get him to fight in America.

Just because you like Jones because he pretends to be a thug, does not mean he has fought great talent.

He is great and the best boxer pund for pound. Pound for Pound is the key word.

MarlinMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Actually a lot of their fight's are in Germany meaning I guess Germany is now in on your theory now too. If I remember Botha fought Wlad in Germany and had the same excuse.

Also how long ago was the Hopkin's, Toney fights? If I remember his newest opponents have been Clinton Wood's, Glen Kelly, and Julio Gonzalez, big names.

Also he said he would not fight Dariuz bc he wants to have the fight in Germany. If Jones really wanted to fight him he would put the green to get him to fight in America.

Just because you like Jones because he pretends to be a thug, does not mean he has fought great talent.

He is great and the best boxer pund for pound. Pound for Pound is the key word.
Roy just finished off John Ruiz, a heavyweigh champion, this past Saturday and now you are claming he fights nobody. You have the worst double standards of all time and if you are comparing Byrd and Botha then please kill yourself. You are pulling out pathetic rebuttles and the fact of the matter is you may know some about boxing, but you do not know what I do. As Roy says, it isnt that he fights nobodys, its that he makes them look like nobodys. And as far as the thug comments...what makes him a thug? The fact that he is smart, is his own promoter and manager, has played in a professional basketball league, raps and is very successful while NEVER EVER BEING ARRESTED! Which part makes him the thug because if that is what qualifies you as a thug then I want to be one too!

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
Roy Jones does not pretend to be a thug after every win he gets he always is respectful to the other fighter have you noticed that? Unlike Titio and the nicaraguan Walterweight champ. Oh and everything MarlinFan said is what I meant when I said Byrd was ackward because he is a lefty. Remember that fight when Jones lose by DQ? In the remacth he was so mad he knock the huy out like right away! Many critics said he could win many fights that early but he wants fans to get their money's worth.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Roy jones was the man to win that fight. It was his 1st match against a heavy-weight. He did very good and jabbed perfectly well. He threw the most and landed the best punches. He isnt a THUG. He just gets in the ring and does his job...

MarlinMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hey Rune, Wlad got knocked out by Corrie Sanders tonight in the 2nd round. Some great contender he is.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hey Rune, Wlad got knocked out by Corrie Sanders tonight in the 2nd round. Some great contender he is.
Your maturity never ceases to amaze me.

Also let me ask you something Lennox Lewis, he's the champion right? He was knocked out before and I don't mean by Hassim.

Joe Lewis was embarrased by Schmelling.

George Foreman was beat by Ali.

The only heavyweight that went perfect was The Brockton Blockbuster.

When Jones fight's a good heavyweight, then I'll give him the credit.

Jones will fall to a heavyweight and you know it. Clinton Woods who was the bigger man in their fight had bright moments when he got Jones up against the ropes.

What's going to happen when a big puncher has him trapped.

MarlinMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Your maturity never ceases to amaze me.

Also let me ask you something Lennox Lewis, he's the champion right? He was knocked out before and I don't mean by Hassim.

Joe Lewis was embarrased by Schmelling.

George Foreman was beat by Ali.

The only heavyweight that went perfect was The Brockton Blockbuster.

When Jones fight's a good heavyweight, then I'll give him the credit.

Jones will fall to a heavyweight and you know it. Clinton Woods who was the bigger man in their fight had bright moments when he got Jones up against the ropes.

What's going to happen when a big puncher has him trapped.
My maturity? How about your double standards! When Jones fights a good heavyweight you will give him credit?!?!?!?! Why are you so quick to give Wlad any credit then? He has fought NOBODYS and got knocked out. Roy not only has never lost, but he has not even lost many rounds either.

Remember I said Wlad's face was lit up by 43 year old Ray Mercer and I do not think he has a chin. Then he gets tested by a lesser opponent and gets knocked down 4 times in the fight in less than two rounds! Some chin!

Hey did Hassim knock Lennox down 4 times in less than 2 rounds?

How about Foreman by Ali?

How about Joe LOUIS (not Lewis, he isn't Lennox) by Schmelling? No, that is right I did not think so.

Even if Jones loses to a heavyweight then thats fine. He gives up so much size but his remarkable talent and accomplishments deserve to be praised, not knocked. Why should I give Wlad any credit? Because he has remarkable size? Man Please.........

Get a clue!

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Can you read, I never said Hassim. I was talking about Oliver Mcall you know the guy who destroyed Lewis and was 24-5 and even lesser known opponent than Sanders.

Wlad will knock Sander's out in the second fight. That's all he has to do point blank. Also before you make some lame excuse about he has lost to Sander's it will alway's prove that Wlad is a nobody.

When you think of Sugar Ray and Duran. How many people think of the first fight. NO ONE. All people remember is NO MAS NO MAS.

So you can respond and try to insult me in your responce which is funny seeing that I'm younger than you but you feel the need to use insults. Then you can watch a Roy Jones Rap video with his high priced prostitues dancing in them.

You want to know why Jones is a wannabe thug(I said wannabe but you seem to have a problem with not reading the whole statement). Let's see baggy clothes, wants to be a rapper and from the video HBO showed all he signs about him not getting respect and the ghetto. He does not have any concept of the english language and he's ignorant.

MarlinMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Can you read, I never said Hassim. I was talking about Oliver Mcall you know the guy who destroyed Lewis and was 24-5 and even lesser known opponent than Sanders.

Wlad will knock Sander's out in the second fight. That's all he has to do point blank. Also before you make some lame excuse about he has lost to Sander's it will alway's prove that Wlad is a nobody.

So you can respond and try to insult me in your responce which is funny seeing that I'm younger than you but you feel the need to use insults. Then you can watch a Roy Jones Rap video with his high priced prostitues dancing in them.

You want to know why Jones is a wannabe thug(I said wannabe but you seem to have a problem with not reading the whole statement). Let's see baggy clothes, wants to be a rapper and from the video HBO showed all he signs about him not getting respect and the ghetto. He does not have any concept of the english language and he's ignorant.
Lewis has much more talent than Wlad or Vitali. You are obviously not very educated in boxing if you think otherwise. Lewis is prone to sleeping on his opponents and getting caught with a punch and going out. However, Wlad and Vitali have a totally different problem. They have been accused of having a weak chin and that they face lesser competition who still batter their faces to an alarming rate. It has been said, and I said it too, I would really question their heart if they were ever faced in a situation where they can not coast. Wlad was caught by a shot and then did not have any ability to recover. He is not anything. He may has size and youth, but he has no heart, chin and is not a natural fighter. He is too technical and does not ever rely on instincts, a poor combination. He should knock out Sanders if they fight again, Sanders is a 37 year old nobody. He had fought 3 rounds in 3 years before this fight, making him hardly a worthy opponent from the beginning anyway. More proof Wlad is scared of a big fight. You maybe younger than be, but you definitely show it also with your ignorance. And now he is a wanna be thug because he dresses in "baggy clothes"? Please get a life!

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wlad and Vitali are good figthers I think Vitali is better though. When Wladamir went into the ring he did not even warm up to fight Sanders who is a good fighter, has size, speed, and a good punch and he's a lefty. Wlad said he was countering Sanders Left with his right and that caused him problems.

BTW: Lewis will lose to Vitali

MarlinMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wlad and Vitali are good figthers I think Vitali is better though. When Wladamir went into the ring he did not even warm up to fight Sanders who is a good fighter, has size, speed, and a good punch and he's a lefty. Wlad said he was countering Sanders Left with his right and that caused him problems.

BTW: Lewis will lose to Vitali
Put your money where your mouth is because you are dead wrong!

Top Bottom