What's new

Josh Freidman is no more

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
from miamiherald.com
WQAM REPORTER FIRED

WQAM will not retain Marlins reporter Josh Friedman, whose three-year contract expires today. Friedman said he was told his position will be eliminated.

marlin2266

Muckdog
Reaction score
That's a pissa. Josh was one of the few QAM guys with a balanced approach to Marlins coverage. I wish him well.

Fish Fillet

Muckdog
Reaction score
They are starting to make room for Farrell. WOrd on the street is that Orlando ALzagary is next to go at QAM.

Never really cared for Farrell when he was nationally sydicated a couple of years ago. Kind of the lowest common denominator schtick.

"The big O" is pretty painful, won't cry if they can him.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'll throw a party if they dump Orlando, he's a freaking idiot.

I liked Friedman though, I wonder why they're dropping him. He doesn't have a regular show or anything, he's just their Marlins beat reporter and I always thought he'd done a great job. He even refrains from bashing the front office, I would think the Marlins would like him to stick around. Maybe that's why QAM is dumping him, most of their other hosts rip the Marlins.

Fish Fillet I like Farrell actually, although yes he is definately in that "lowest common denominator" group of entertainment. I don't listen to him for his sports knowledge or anything, but then how much really do any of these schmucks know? There isn't a single host on WQAM that knows spit about baseball. At least Farrell doesn't take himself so seriously, like most sports jock talk hosts... cough cough jim rome cough....

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
Maybe because Josh didn't follow "the bash the Marlins theme" and was let go.... :whistle

insider

Muckdog
Reaction score
Josh will be missed. He was the voice of reason on WQAM. He was fair in his criticism and never made it personal, unlike Hank Goldberg. I wish him will. Maybe he will get a job on another station down here in Miami and we can keep listening to him.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Maybe because Josh didn't follow "the bash the Marlins theme" and was let go.... :whistle
That's exactly what I was thinking... :angry :banghead

jonathan

Muckdog
Reaction score
I was disappointed to read Josh was not retained. Why would QAM retain an informative baseball fan/reporter whon whenever he hosted a show was more substance than shtick. He let the fans speak on his show and display their passion and or their disapproval. By viewing their recent moves (Ferrell, Dirty Boys/kids and non-sports related programming, this will turn out to be Josh's gain and QAM's loss.

Top Bottom