What's new

Josh Willingham!

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
*Josh Willingham...wow this kid has been amazing so far! Just got his promotion from single A Jupiter to AA Carolina and man he has torn it up! He played mostly catcher for Jupiter and has 3 starts there for Carolina...I'm hoping they move him to the OF where he has started one game so far for Carolina. I know its been only 4 games since his promotion but look at these stats:

AVG G AB R H TB HR RBI BB SO
.417 4 12 5 5 14 3 7 3 5

As far as defensive flexibility @ Jupiter these are the positions he played:

1B 3B OF C E
9 2 3 36 2

Seems like we have good depth at the catcher/1B positions down in our farm. I'm hoping they move Josh to the outfield to see what he can do. He also has decent speed with 9SB and 2CS at Jupiter...no attempts yet at Carolina because 3 of his 5 hits have been for homers. lol! :w00t

any thoughts on this kid and where he might end up in the future?

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
any thoughts on this kid and where he might end up in the future?
The next Mike Piazza :mischief2 ?

I wish... But I have also noticed him but know little about him. Hope he and Miguel can tear it up together up there as an offensive duo...

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
If anyone can find out his age please do...I'm sure Edcanes can do it. :D

Marlins Bandit

Muckdog
Reaction score
If anyone can find out his age please do...

He was born Feb. 17 (same as Michael Jordan), 1979. So that would make him 24yrs old.

He is 6'1'', 200lbs and bats and throws both with his right hand.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
He has been pretty good. It will be hard to make the Major League club though ( In the future) since we have 3 catchers. I hope he keeps it up because he is a having a very good season.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Actually, because Pudge won't be here next year (most likely), if he impresses in next years ST, he could make the team...

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
thanks bandit! AJ notice the other positions he played in A ball...only made 2 errors so he must be at least competent at them.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
He could be a usefull utility player next year... :mischief2

Top Bottom