Julio and De Aza to DL

MarlinatPenn

Muckdog
Reaction score
Posted on Wed, Apr. 18, 2007
Marlins put Julio, De Aza on disabled list

By CLARK SPENCER
cspencer@MiamiHerald.com

The Marlins on Wednesday placed two players on the 15-day disabled list: right-handed reliever Jorge Julio, who has a strained right calf, and center fielder Alejandro De Aza, who has a sprained right ankle.

The team called up right-handed reliever Lee Gardner and outfielder Eric Reed from Triple-A Albuquerque.

Julio, acquired last month to be the team's closer, has struggled to an 0-2 record and 19.06 ERA. He allowed six runs -- five earned -- in one inning Tuesday night in a loss at Houston.
- Miami Herald

Jimmy42Jack0

Muckdog
Reaction score
id be shocked if julio ever plays in a marlins uni again...and welcome eric...i hope you do well enough to stick around for the year

gomarlins9703

Muckdog
Reaction score
THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!! Welcome Back Lee. And i'd rather not ever see reed in a game

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
I am disappointed with De Aza's injury. He really filled the black hole that was CF last year.

Reed sucks, but I am hoping he proves me wrong.

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score
I am disappointed with De Aza's injury. He really filled the black hole that was CF last year.

Reed shouldn't get PT over Alfredo and Cody.

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score

Reed shouldn't get PT over Alfredo and Cody.

Yeah, I agree. I hope Reed comes up only to be a bench player. AA or Cody need to be starting in CF.

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score

Reed will make for a nice late inning defensive replacement/pinch runner.

He can't hit but he fills specialized roles.

Mainge

Muckdog
Reaction score
Strained calf? Okay...

Hope Reed isn't starting.

OldSand

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ok. Big collective sigh of relief everyone. Ahhhhhhh...

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm seriously disappointed with the De Aza situation.

Why the hell do you pinch hit him if he's going to end up on the DL, totally screws everything up now that it can't go retroactive.

OldSand

Muckdog
Reaction score

Why the hell do you pinch hit him if he's going to end up on the DL, totally screws everything up now that it can't go retroactive.

I don't really understand how that works. Won't it just be an extra couple of days because of that? How many more games will he miss?

gomarlins9703

Muckdog
Reaction score

yea i was wondering that when i saw him pinch hitting.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score

I don't really understand how that works. Won't it just be an extra couple of days because of that? How many more games will he miss?

15 days from his last in-game appearance.

So, in this case, he sits for an extra 5 or 6 days (since he would have been retroactived to the Brewers games).

japerez86

Muckdog
Reaction score
Jorge Julio has a bruised a$$hole because he has been getting drilled is how I interpret a strained calf injury.

Ralph

Muckdog
Reaction score

I was just going to post this. The injury might have been bad but it couldnt have been too bad if he could pinch hit. Freddy messed up with this one.

DelGOT2Rings

Muckdog
Reaction score
I hope the Marlins get investigated for this...Julio is fine. Well, he is a god-awful pitcher, but he is not injured. I hate it when other teams do this, and I'm not going to let the Marlins off the hook for engaging in the same conduct.

I was just going to post this. The injury might have been bad but it couldnt have been too bad if he could pinch hit. Freddy messed up with this one.
count me in too as one who is upset with the handling of De Aza.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score

Seriously. I don't get this at all.

Top Bottom