What's new

Julio gotta go

shimysmals

Muckdog
Reaction score
a 2 run homer????????????/ why the hell is he pitching in a one run game. I dot't care what inning it is. I say he send his ass down to the minors and freaking billy the f'in Marlin pitch.

but JULIO HAS GOT TO GO!!!!

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
in fairness, it should have been a solo shot. hanley messed that up. speaking of which, what is wrong with that kid?

the homer would have been a lazy fly ball anywhere else. in houston it's a two run shot.

but yeah, julio sucks.

fishking

Muckdog
Reaction score
the best thing Jorge julio can do is get beaned have a minor injury so he's out and at least we have a runner at first with the top of the lineup

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
Jah, today he proved he can't be servicable in any way whatsoever.

sdg210

Muckdog
Reaction score
Dude Beinfest has to check his ego at the door and realize this guy is no good!!!!!!!!!!!! DUMP HIS ASS!!!!

DVegueriaLB56

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ok this is getting ridiculous. Fredi can't keep sending Julio out there. He's proven that he cannot pitch at the major league level anymore. He's got the stuff, but lacks the accuracy, composure, and the intelligence needed to be a pitcher in the MLB. For the sake of all that his good, Marlin's front office, do whatever you can to make sure we never see him pitch in a game again.

GoGators

Muckdog
Reaction score
fredi is the one who put juli in during a 1-0 game with the heart of the astros coming up. i blame fredi 100%. not only for tonight, but for having zero strategy how to use the pitching staff. the decision to put vanden hurk in sunday and mess up the rotation was as bad as puting julio in tonight.

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Time for Admin to cut his loses and move on. I wish Julio the best, but we can't keep waiting.

Now we blame Fredi? WTF is he supposed to do? Julio is a bullpen arm and someone has to pitch. It is only the 5th inning

PSLMARLIN

Muckdog
Reaction score
Theres always a janitorial position at Dolphin stadium for this bum . but then again im sure he would find a way to screw that up somehow

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree with FreshFish. Fredi had no choice but to use Julio in this game. He hadn't thrown in two days. You've got to put him in somewhere.

MarlinsFan7

Muckdog
Reaction score
All I hear from the Marlins is he is finding his rhythm or groove, working on his mechanics. That's total bulls***. I'm sorry, but if you're a major league pitcher, then you've already worked out all those kinks. That's what the minors are for. Will someone please let Fredi or whoever is in charge know that there is such a thing as minor league.

gomarlins9703

Muckdog
Reaction score
f*** julio and f*** gonzalez. i hope they enjoy their sex in the bathroom on the fight home tonight

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Dude Beinfest has to check his ego at the door and realize this guy is no good!!!!!!!!!!!! DUMP HIS ASS!!!!

Is that really what Admin Beinfest has to do?

You really think he's still on the team because of the GM's ego? Or the Admin Beinfest isn't more aware of how Julio is performing than probably any other person on the planet except maybe Fredi Gonzalez and Jeffrey Loria? He and every member of the front office no doubt completely understands the situation better than anyone here, they are collectively responsible for him being here.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised that by now, this evening Loria and Beinfest have already agreed to release him when they return to South Florida, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone is on their way from Albuquerque right now to pitch tomorrow night after he's released.

I just doubt they will do it until they are home.

For those that think Julio's $2.2 million is too much for ownership to walk away from, keeping him will cost much much in fan support and ticket sales. Call ownership whatever you want but they aren't stupid. In fact dumping Julio is a PR bonanza.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
You can't be mad at Fredi, there was really no choice but to use Julio in the game if you have use the bullpen for 9 innings.

While I like Julio's attitude, it's just not working out. Today he was put in the 4th inning, and he showed he really can't contribute in any capacity anytime soon.

I think the time has come to release him and I pretty much expect it to happen at this point.

Top Bottom