Pick 5

Carlos Lee - Early 4
Figgins - Late 5
Baldelli - Late 9
Posada - Early 16
Barfield - Early 16
Crede - Late 19
Olsen - Late 21

For sure: Olsen.... and CLee, who I've seen go late 2nd most drafts.

You dont even have to pick 5.. pick the ones that should be kept.

Reaction score
Olsen, Lee...

Figgins, Baldelli and someone of your choice... if it were me, I'd say Crede I guess

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
i think you can do without posada. i'm not sure about the other one to dump, but i would dump barfield if i was you.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm not sure about Crede.. his OBP, or lack there of, scares me. Thanks for all the input

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
Olsen, Lee, Figgins, Posada

Furcalchick is flat out wrong re: Posada. He's a top 5 player in his position. No one is going to drop Mauer, Pudge, or McCann so how do you improve the C position by letting Posada go?

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
I guess it just depends how much of a value pick it is.. his value fluncuates on most mock drafts I've seen. I agree hes a top player at his position.. but does that mean its a good keeper and would that value make up for not keeping someone else and getting a different player at C?

Who knows.. I'd be a more productive person in this world if it werent for fantasy baseball.. i know that much. lol

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'd be a more productive person in this world if it werent for fantasy baseball.. i know that much. lol
Amen!

When I evaluate a keeper, I take a couple of things into account. The very first consideration I make is weather or not a player is among the elite at his position. Despite a short injury break, he finished top 3 in MLB in HR, RBI, and BB at his position.

The rest of the guys you are looking at keeping are in MUCH deeper positions. If you keep Baldelli, for example, what are you gaining? OF is the deepest position in baseball. Chances are, someone is dropping a much better OF than Baldelli as it is and now you have a shot at him and aren't giving up a strong starter at the C position.

But, that's just my take.

Top Bottom