What's new

Ken Giles?

Erick

LumberKing
Reaction score
Rumors are that we're interested.

Past rumors indicate that the Phillies really like Ozuna.

It obviously wouldn't be a straight up deal, but hmmm.

Makes me believe we're trading Jose to Philly. Somebody tell Craig Mish.

BREAKING: Loria is banning anyone from using the name "Ken". Giles will be forced to go by "Kenneth"

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
sounds like a dumb move that Loria would do (acquire Giles)

Erick

LumberKing
Reaction score
sounds like a dumb move that Loria would do (acquire Giles)
Depending on what we'd have to give up, I'd love to have him. I doubt we even have the prospects to acquire him though. 

pollythewog

MONEY BAG TIME
Reaction score
Depending on what we'd have to give up, I'd love to have him. I doubt we even have the prospects to acquire him though. 
it'd have to at least be equivlanet to what boston gave for kimbrel I'd imagine. 

Throw nicolino at them and tell the phillies this is the guy the dodgers wanted over Heaney!!! 

Erick

LumberKing
Reaction score
it'd have to at least be equivlanet to what boston gave for kimbrel I'd imagine
Yeah, we don't have that. I guess it all depends how highly they value Ozuna, who, unlike the players Boston received, has already had success at the big league level for what it's worth.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
On first reaction, I'd do Ozuna for Giles (with other pieces involved of course) but then I remember we'd probably replace Ozuna with Dexter Fowler and then I'd rather just keep Ozuna.

pollythewog

MONEY BAG TIME
Reaction score
I mean ozuna for giles seems silly as I really don't think Ramos and Giles are that far apart. I mean clearly Giles is better, but not dramatically so. Capps is better than all of them anyway. 

marlinsmaniac

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah and Giles will be great when he comes out to preserve a 9-4 deficit. It still doesn't change the fact that we need starting pitching so I would probably have to pass. The Indians have obviously been rumored forever and just recently lost Michael Brantley for at least a third of the season so I think ozuna for Carrasco or Salazar seems more and more possible each day. 

pollythewog

MONEY BAG TIME
Reaction score
Yeah and Giles will be great when he comes out to preserve a 9-4 deficit. It still doesn't change the fact that we need starting pitching so I would probably have to pass. The Indians have obviously been rumored forever and just recently lost Michael Brantley for at least a third of the season so I think ozuna for Carrasco or Salazar seems more and more possible each day. 
we should just get all the RPs. Let's roster like 10 elite guys. Let the scrubs (TK, Urena, Nicolino) pitch one time through the order (no more than that and that may be too much for Urena/Nico) then bring our cadre of RPs. to finish the game out

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
why would Ken Giles with 16 career saves get equal value to Craig Kimbrel who most consider the best closer in baseball today (with maybe only Chapman in the discussion)  

marlinsmaniac

Muckdog
Reaction score
we should just get all the RPs. Let's roster like 10 elite guys. Let the scrubs (TK, Urena, Nicolino) pitch one time through the order (no more than that and that may be too much for Urena/Nico) then bring our cadre of RPs. to finish the game out
Dude I have always wondered why it isn't like that. Like why there aren't 9 guys that pitch. How many pitchers do we know of that dominate first time around and then get killed the second and third time around (Koehler, Cosart). Bring out nothing but Max effort fireballers. Expand rosters by five or six to allow 18 pitchers that pitch an inning every other day. Fuck the establishment lol

Erick

LumberKing
Reaction score
why would Ken Giles with 16 career saves get equal value to Craig Kimbrel who most consider the best closer in baseball today (with maybe only Chapman in the discussion)  
Because he's been dominant, he's younger, cheaper, and has more years of team control. 

Erick

LumberKing
Reaction score
I'm in favor of it. 

dim

Muckdog
Reaction score
I thought this thread was about Brian Giles at first, and was confused since I thought he retired a while ago.

Top Bottom